45 day letter for those who applied LC in NY State!!

melindwang

Registered Users (C)
45 day letter tracker for those who applied LC in NY State

Dear all,

I am starting this thread to track the 45 day letter for people who applied LC in NY state. Please post your information in the following format:

Filing Date:
45-day letter received or not (what date received)
Approval or not (what date approved)

It seems to me most people applied in NY have not received the 45 day letters yet, even though most of us applied in 2001, and 2002. However, people with much later PD in other states have already received the letter. This is very frustrating, is there anything we could do about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
send a complain fax/email/letter to DOL

attn: Elaine Chao (your fellow chinese), copy to Carlson (chief of Foreign LC), and copy to Philly Backlog center. Do fax and letter, and email.

Do that. It will help draw attention to the unfairness to the New York State severely backlogged cases.

I fedexed a letter to Chao back in early May, have not heard back yet. But I believe if more people from NY stand out, something will happen.

Can you do that? spend one hour this weekend, send all them out Monday. I have not tried NY senator , but you may. Or will you rely on other people do that for you.

Sure, I can do that. Are you also from NY? I am actually going to fax and mail tomorrow. I wish more people from NY will stand up.

45 day letter received

SWA NY
PD April 23, 2001
RD June 2002
DOL Philadelphia
45 day letter received march 31, 2005
45 day letter replied on april 22, 2005
Philly BPC 05090-xxxxx

Receipt date: August 2002 no 45 day letter yet

My receipt came in August 2002 and I still haven't heard from anyone regarding my LCA. My H1B just got extended for the 7th year for 1 more year. Do you think I should be worried that I haven't received my 45 day letter yet. I called Philly but the moron on the phone was clueless. Do you think I should apply from scratch using PERM?

Can you please send me those fax numbers, e-mail addresses so that we can get louder. We need to be loud to be heard.

info you need to contact them. fax them a letter

stressing the fact that NY cases should be taken care of because they have priority date, etc. stress the FIFO rule, etc. good luck

uguryilmaz said:
My receipt came in August 2002 and I still haven't heard from anyone regarding my LCA. My H1B just got extended for the 7th year for 1 more year. Do you think I should be worried that I haven't received my 45 day letter yet. I called Philly but the moron on the phone was clueless. Do you think I should apply from scratch using PERM?

Can you please send me those fax numbers, e-mail addresses so that we can get louder. We need to be loud to be heard.

U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

DOL, Phily Backlog center fax# 484-270-1600

TO: Director, Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
DATE: July 27, 2005
SUBJECT: “FIFO” Rule Violation

Cases filed in Year 2001 in New York State, are untouched, no 45 day letter, while cases filed in other states in year 2002, even 2003, are being processed. This is clearly a violation of the “FIFO” Rule, it confuses people, damages all parties’ confidence in the system.

Please focus resources on the most backlogged cases transferred from New York SWA. Only by entering the year 2001 (RIR, TR) cases first, therefore make it possible to process them first, can FIFO order be restored.

Thanks for your attention to this important matter.

CC: Senator Chuck Schumer, Senator Hilary Clinton

45 Day Letter received By MYFRIEND

BEC Notification : 08/03/2005
State: NY
PD DATE: APR-2001
RIR/NONRIR : NON-RIR
ETA CASE NUMBER: P-05115-XXXXX

Rise, NYers, do something to help yourself

If more new york people come out and do something, we will see some improvement soon. Frankly, we should have done this 3 month ago. California people did a better job, now their cases are being handled in a large quantity now. Crying baby gets milk. "FIFO" rule is published and supposed to be followed, but given the history of DOL, we need to keep reminding them.

Send a letter, or send a fax today. Will help that your case be touched by a human being very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest
Here is what I sent,

"It has been more than 2.5 years since my case has been filed, I would like to request BPC to be more aggressive in terms of processing since it is affecting our lives and lives of our children as well.

We have come to know that there are cases filed in Year 2001 in New York State which are untouched, no 45 day letter, while cases filed from other states in year 2002 and 2003 are being processed. We request you to consider the FIFO as only way to process the cases.

I would also like to see New York given priority given the fact NY is the most backlogged state.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter."

Thanks

Please update your information and voice your concern

New Yorkers,
Please update if you have received your 45 day letter. Or please voice your concern to DOL, PBEC, congressman, or senator, about older cases have not be touched/processed.

Let's try to help ourselves. Thanks.

Melinda

Hi Moazzamali,

I see that you posted your PD as 01/11/2003 in PERM related tracker.
Now in this tracker you post your PD as 12/2/2003 .
Can you please tell me what exactly is your Priority Date????

Sorry i thought thats what i had 1/11/2003 because thats what my lawyer told me.but when i got 45 day letter it was 12/2/2003 written on that.please make the correction.i also have perm applied but applicatoin shows in process.my lawyer told me hold to 45 day letter until i get reply back from perm.what do you guys think i should do?.how long is after 45 days letter to get approval.i havent seen anybody from ny getting 45 day letter yet with this pd.resonspe would be appreciated.

Hi there

I am new in this forum but I have read some prior messages on many forums.
As I understood many people who applied for LCA in NY in 2002 are still waiting anxious their 45 day letter.
You are saying you have a PD 12/2/03 and have received yours these days.
If it is true it would be awsome.
Congratulations.

My application date is 3/1/04 unfortunately.I still have to wait for awhile.

thats is true.i couldnt believe neither do my lawyer.He told me they receive first letter dated in 2003.but if i reply back how long is the delay.im still waiting for perm approval.i didnt reply back this letter yet.

Hi Guys,
Could you tell me what are the contents of 45 letter..?
My labor was filed on May 2002 NY.

Thanks
Pumpy

pumpy said:
Hi Guys,
Could you tell me what are the contents of 45 letter..?
My labor was filed on May 2002 NY.

Thanks
Pumpy

I have placed my labor certification , NY , RIR back in February 2002 and I have not recived my 45 days letter yet.