$335 Fees to the NVC??

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
I think earlier we needed to submit visa processing fee (some $335) to the NVC. Has this changed recently? Does the beneficiary now need to pay this fee at the consulate ($335 + $65)?

My sister (a US Citizen) is sponsoring my mother and she received only the affidavit form without any request for $335.00. I vaguley remember last year when I was thinking of CP (instead of AOS), NVC required this fee to be paid to them so that one does not need to pay it at the consulate.

Thank you.

Jigesh

New Process: If one is doing CP from USA then NVC sends a fee bill to the attorney then a payment of $335 per head is made to St Louis.

Old Process: One would make the payment ($260 + $65) at the consulate prior to the CP interview.

Since your sister is sponsoring your mother and i am guessing your mom is not in USA currently, it may be helpful to contact NVC to get more details. NVC phone number is 603-334-0700.

Thanks a lot, kdivekar. You, raju and few others are really doing a great job of helping others on this forum I have noticed.

Yes, my mother is in India and we have no attorney - my sister did all the paperwork herself. She paid NVC some fees for processing affidavit of support form; and after paying it, NVC sent my sister an affidavit form without any additional request for fee payment ($335). NVC meanwhile also sent to my mother an agent/address kind of form which she already filled in and sent back to the NVC. I guess I (or my sister) need to ask NVC about visa fees so that my mother does not need to bring all that money/draft with her.

Thank you.

Jigesh

My impression is that since your mom is in india, she may have to make the payment in india on the same day as the interview but before the interview starts (couple of hours before).

But do check with NVC. Also once you have found out from NVC do let me know so that I and other folks will know what to do in this situation.

my experience in my case

don't worry

first of all
your sister as the petitioner received the affidavit fee bil for $65, as soon as she paid it, NVC will send the affidavit form to the petitioner (your sister) and she has to return it w/3 last years tax returns, W2s, and employment letter.

In the meantime your mother, at her country of origin will receive the form DS3032, to declare if she wants an agent (lawyer, or your sister) to receive her correspondence at one US address, or she wants to receive it at her address in India.

As soon she send this form, NVC prepare the IVDS230 (Immigrant Visa fee bill) for $335 to the agent (could be the agent she choose in form DS3032 or your mother directly if she decided to received NVC letters directly).

As soon as the agent pay $335 and NVC receive it, NVC prepare form DS230 part 1 and send it to the agent.

When NVC receive form DS230 from the agent, and affidavit od support form from the petitioner, the begin the review process, if it is complete the finish the review and send the case to the consulate , if not they ask them for more info and review again and finally send the case to consulate.

that was my experience

but you can check this out at nvc website:http://www.travel.state.gov/nvc.html
When an applicant's priority date is close to becoming current, NVC will send an Affidavit of Support (I-864 form) processing fee bill to the petitioner and an Agent of Choice and Address (DS-3032) form to the applicant. Once the I-864 processing fee is paid, NVC will send the I-864 forms and instructions to the petitioner. Once NVC receives the form DS-3032 from the applicant, NVC will mail the Immigrant Visa (IV) fee bill to the agent of choice. Once the IV fee bill is paid, NVC will send the Instruction Packet of forms and information to the agent. The exact contents of the Instruction Packet will depend on where the applicant will be interviewed for a visa. For instance, the Instruction Packet we send to people applying in China is different from the one we send to applicants in France. Information in the Instruction Packet that can currently be downloaded from this web site is listed below:

Thank you cacheloli for your detailed reply. My mother already sent back DS3032 giving her Indian address (no other agent) - so now she should be receiving the bill. No problem - I'll advise her accordingly. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
can the affidavit of support and choice agent be sent together.

What supporting documents are sent with the affidavit of support.

When is the police certificate etc sent?