30/60/90 day rule & F1

marisa

Hello,
Currently I'm holding F1 visa and live in the USA during 2 years.
Me and my bf (US citizen) are planning our wedding on February, in the USA.
But also we're planning to go to our country on January (we cann't do it earlier).
My question is if we do that, is 30/60/90 day rule applies to me?
I went out from the USA many times, on January it's not gonna be my first entrence to the USA and we'd like to have the wedding and start changing of my status.
I just don't understand if this rule apply for whom enter the US for the first time with new visa or every singe time while entering the US. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The rule is just 30/60 day, not 90. But it triggers at the last time you apply for an immigration benefit i.e. entering the country, changing status etc. That's the time when you declare your immigration intent to the goverment.

Thanks, but can you clarify pls - can we have the wedding right after we come back? I'm still confused.

You can not even prepare for it, like a shopping, ordering the immigration forms from USCIS; however, some people wed and go away with that.

Note that if you choose consular processing (i.e. interviewing for the green card at a consulate outside the US), the immigrant intent issue goes away, and it doesn't matter if you get married the day after you last arrived in the US. Consider that option if you are from Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean.

just wait for 60 days with the wedding, and 90 days before applying for GC.
Best if you don't go outside the US in January.

Canadian Citizen here as a Visitor

Came to US: May 4th 2009
Maried: June 16th 2009
Filed: July 9th
EAD/AP arrived: Sept 2-5th
Interview: Sept. 22nd

My timeline might help you..

Canadian Citizen here as a Visitor

Came to US: May 4th 2009
Maried: June 16th 2009
Filed: July 9th
EAD/AP arrived: Sept 2-5th
Interview: Sept. 22nd

My timeline might help you..

Thanks,
but I'm Ukrainian.
I think it's more easy for Canada......
coz you even don't need tourist visa, right?