3 years degree EB3, 140 at NSC - please advice

UN and Other please help

labor Requires
In column 14 - Bachelor degree
Major field of study- Comp science
Experience -2yrs
Column 15 - Empty

B.Sc C.S (3) + M.Sc (2) C.S

I have a evaulation done already , Like the following.

1. Diploma from Madurai Kamaraj University, Faculty of Science in Palkalainagar, India certifying that XXXXXXXX passed the Examination held in April of 1993 in the Second Class and was awarded the Degree of Bachelor of Science in Computer. This document was dated November 3, 1993, was signed by the Registrar-in-charge and the Vice- Chancellor and is equivalent to three years of university-level credit from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. The Statement Marks listing the subjects examined (by code), including the marks for each, was also submitted. Entrance into the Bachelor of Science program requires the equivalent of graduation from high school in the United States.

2. Diploma from Bharathidasan University, Faculty of Science in Tiruchirappalli, India certifying that XXXXXXX passed the Examination held in April of 1995 in the Second Class and was awarded the Degree of Master of Science in Computer Science. This document was dated October 26, 1995, was signed by the Registrar and the Vice- Chancellor and is equivalent to a master’s degree in computer science from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. The Consolidated Statement of Marks listing the subjects examined, including the marks for each, was also submitted.

3. In summary, it is the judgment of the XXXX that XXXXXXX. has the equivalent of a masters degree in computer science from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.

Will this work for EB3 or do i need another one

mmillo

India trip

...Maybe this is in the wrong forum, please excuse me if it is....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Merry Christmas, All

My husband and I are planninG a trip to India in Feb 2007. Here is our situation:

My husband:
H1 6 Yrs expiry date - 01/01/2007
140 approved
H1B extension filed - Receipt date 11/24/2006
H1B extension approval - Not yet received

Me:
H1 6 Yrs expiry date - 08/01/2007
140 approved
H1B extension not yet filed (waiting for the 6 month perios before the expiry to file the extension)

Is there any risk in going to India at this time, or should we wait till my husband (and me also?) get our 3 year extension approval papers? We are planning to carry all our documents (140 approval, H1B extension filing papers, etc) with us.
Do we need to account for any other angles while appearing for the interview?

Your help as always is much appreciated..

Thanks
M

Hi
If u get ur husband h1b approval before ur trip then u r safe.If not ur husband have to wait till he gets.he cannt make the trip.If u r planning for interview for visa stamping ur h1b extension recipe not be enough.They need approval notice.

maansi28 said:
...Maybe this is in the wrong forum, please excuse me if it is....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Merry Christmas, All

My husband and I are planninG a trip to India in Feb 2007. Here is our situation:

My husband:
H1 6 Yrs expiry date - 01/01/2007
140 approved
H1B extension filed - Receipt date 11/24/2006
H1B extension approval - Not yet received

Me:
H1 6 Yrs expiry date - 08/01/2007
140 approved
H1B extension not yet filed (waiting for the 6 month perios before the expiry to file the extension)

Is there any risk in going to India at this time, or should we wait till my husband (and me also?) get our 3 year extension approval papers? We are planning to carry all our documents (140 approval, H1B extension filing papers, etc) with us.
Do we need to account for any other angles while appearing for the interview?

Your help as always is much appreciated..

Thanks
M

sunny26 said:
Hi
If u get ur husband h1b approval before ur trip then u r safe.If not ur husband have to wait till he gets.he cannt make the trip.If u r planning for interview for visa stamping ur h1b extension recipe not be enough.They need approval notice.

Thanks Sunny.
Would the h1 approval be needed for me too, or am I ok since my H1 6 yrs expire in Aug 2007?

thanks
M

hi
U dont need because u have h1b.If u already have visa stamp till aug 2007 u can go and return before that no need for interview if there is no valid visa then u need to go for stamping and return before aug 2007.only ur hubby need to wait for his approval.if he goes out of country he cannt enter.

sunny

maansi28 said:
Thanks Sunny.
Would the h1 approval be needed for me too, or am I ok since my H1 6 yrs expire in Aug 2007?

thanks
M

sunny26 said:
hi
U dont need because u have h1b.If u already have visa stamp till aug 2007 u can go and return before that no need for interview if there is no valid visa then u need to go for stamping and return before aug 2007.only ur hubby need to wait for his approval.if he goes out of country he cannt enter.

sunny

Oh, I am sorry - I should have clarified this - my stamping is till 2004 only, After that, my extensions were filed in the US only and neither of us have travelled outside the US since 2002. I (or my husband) do not have the current/latest stamping on the visa.
Thus, the need for both of us to appear for interviews.

thanks
M

maansi28 said:
Oh, I am sorry - I should have clarified this - my stamping is till 2004 only, After that, my extensions were filed in the US only and neither of us have travelled outside the US since 2002. I (or my husband) do not have the current/latest stamping on the visa.
Thus, the need for both of us to appear for interviews.

thanks
M

It is not advisable to travel out side the US if you Extension of status or change of status is pending. Because I-94 comes with extension will have have the old I-94 number which was already surrendered while exiting US. Other then that in certain cases the EOS/ COS is deemed as abandoned if you travel out side US before the approval.

tammy2 said:
It is not advisable to travel out side the US if you Extension of status or change of status is pending. Because I-94 comes with extension will have have the old I-94 number which was already surrendered while exiting US. Other then that in certain cases the EOS/ COS is deemed as abandoned if you travel out side US before the approval.

Thanks Tammy.
I gather that my husband should not travel till he gets his H1 extension beyond 6 yrs approved -- and it DOES NOT hold for me too since I have till Aug 2007 when my 6 yrs expire and we plan to visit in Feb/Mar 2007.
Or is that during my consular/stamping interview they may raise a problem that since my H1 6 yrs expire in the next 3-4 months, I should present an extension approval as well?

much thanks
M

Last edited by a moderator:
maansi28 said:
Thanks Tammy.
I gather that my husband should not travel till he gets his H1 extension beyond 6 yrs approved -- and it DOES NOT hold for me too since I have till Aug 2007 when my 6 yrs expire and we plan to visit in Feb/Mar 2007.
Or is that during my consular/stamping interview they may raise a problem that since my H1 6 yrs expire in the next 3-4 months, I should present an extension approval as well?

much thanks
M

It should not raise any issues. But if that is 3-4 months I would go with new H1 so that stamping wll be for longer period.

tammy2 said:
It should not raise any issues. But if that is 3-4 months I would go with new H1 so that stamping wll be for longer period.

Thanks so much.
One final question (sorry) - there was a requirement that there be at least a 6 month gap between when your H1 expires and the earliest you can apply for the H1 extension. Does it still hold, or was it removed?

EB-3, I-140 approved from NSC, 3 year Degree

Hi,
My EB-3, I-140(Premium) was approved from NSC with a 3 year B.Sc [Electronics] Degree, various IT Certs and over a decade of IT experience.

Attorney got a regular Education Eval done from one of the reputed agencies and they used a combination of Education plus Experience. When filing for PERM the Lawyer made sure that the verbiage for combination was used in the appropriate boxes.
The reason for 140 Premium Processing was due to my 7th year of H1 which is expiring shortly.

PERM RD: 26 Sep 2006, Approved : 21 Nov 2006
I-140 RD: 13 Dec 2006 , Approved : 18 Dec 2006

EB-3, I-140 approved from NSC, 3 year Degree

Hi cooval,
A big Congratulations!
Can Please post your PERM labor details, like from Column 4 through Column 14? It will be really helpfull for all who are having 3 year degrees.

Ram.

cooval said:
Hi,
My EB-3, I-140(Premium) was approved from NSC with a 3 year B.Sc [Electronics] Degree, various IT Certs and over a decade of IT experience.

Attorney got a regular Education Eval done from one of the reputed agencies and they used a combination of Education plus Experience. When filing for PERM the Lawyer made sure that the verbiage for combination was used in the appropriate boxes.
The reason for 140 Premium Processing was due to my 7th year of H1 which is expiring shortly.

cooval said:
Hi,

In addition to labor details , Kindly provide your attorney details was well. I am also planning to file my backup labor in Perm.

Thanks much.

rambalram said:
Hi cooval,
A big Congratulations!
Can Please post your PERM labor details, like from Column 4 through Column 14? It will be really helpfull for all who are having 3 year degrees.

Ram.

Hi rambalram,
Thank you !
Please review the attachment below for the answers to the relevant items on the ETA 9089 PERM labor application. Hope this helps.
thx

From Immigration-law.com

12/29/2006: Upcoming Phase III Bi-Specialization Jurisdictions

1. Information indicates that USCIS is going through the draft of Phase III Bi-Specialization regulation for coordination and this regulation may be released sooner or later, probably early next year. The Phase III Bi-Specialization appears to form two pairs of Service Centers. In each pair, one Service Center will receive and process all the nonimmigrant petitions and applications within the pair and the second Service Center will receive and process all the immigrant petitions and applications with some possible variations and exceptions. One pair is CSC-NSC and the other pair is VSC-TSC. In the Pair I, nonimmigrant proceedings will be handled by CSC and immigrant proceedings will be handled by NSC. In the Pair II, nonimmigrant proceedings will be handled by VSC and immigrant proceedings will be handled by TSC.

The list of the states that fall under each pair will be as follows:

Pair I (CSC-NSC)
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Pair II (VSC-TSC)
Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puertop Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, West Virginia

2. Currently the immigrant proceedings (I-140, I-485, etc) are filed with the NSC and the cases are split between the NSC and TSC internally regardless of the territorial jurisdiction. On the other hands, the nonimmigrant proceedings (I-129, I-539, etc) are filed with the VSC and the cases are split between the VSC and CSC internally regardless of the territorial jurisdiction. Accordingly, once the Phase III is launched, the pair of one's case (both immigrant and nonimmigrant) will be determined by the location rather than by the type of cases. Then, within the pair, nonimmigrant cases will be filed with one of the Service Centers within the pair and immigrant cases will be filed with another Service Center within the pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eb3-3yrs Bachelors

Thankyou, to everyone who support this forum. This forum is very helpful. My employer and lawyer received official copy of approval after 1 week of email approval. Evaluation was done by Sheila Danzig and my lawyer followed her instructions to file online. She been very helpful to me. Thanks Sheila.

I-140 Rfe

Hi,

I need some advice on how to proceed...

may be United Nations has some insight.

I had used a previously approved labor to file my I-140 and I-485 since my own labor is stuck somewhere in the backlog centers.

Last week I recieved a RFE for my education.
My ed qualification is
3 year B.Com from India and
3 Years Diploma in computers form NIIT

I had taken a ed. eval from Sheila Danzig before filing and she gave me a equivalent of Bachelors in Science in Computer science (combined eval)

The RFE says the following
"1. Please submit an evaluation of the beneficiary's education. The evaluation must be by a reliable credentials evaluation service which specializes in evaluating foreign education credentials or by an official who has the authority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience in the speciality at an accredited college or university which has a program for granting such credit based on an individual's training and/or work experience.

2. The ETA 750 labor certification requires the beneficiary to have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Electronic Engineering or academic equivalent. Please submit."

Since there is academic equivalent in the ETA 750, does that mean I can use combined degrees?

Also why have they asked a ed. eval to be done again as I had submitted one from Sheila while filing the case.

Any advice would be helpful and also which other evalautors I can use to get this eval done.

Thanks
Jkris

EB3 - PD Oct-2003 - 3 Years Degree- Should I apply for I-140-?

Dear Friends,

My labor just got approved with PD October-2002, EB3, but I was told my lawyer that my chances are lower for I-140 approval because I have 3 years of bachelors degree and unfortunately it's not written in my labor application that I could use combination of experience and degree.

What are my chances to get I-140 approval? Should I start looking for new company now or wait till I get result from USCIS for my I-140 or I should go head any look for new company without filing I-140? My lawyer is leaving a decision on me (don't know why I am paying big bucks to my lawyer).

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry

Labour approved ; p.d. 11/14/2006; Applied for I-140

I've following educational qualifications ;
B.Sc.(Maths,Physics,Chemistry) 3- year degree
M.Sc.(Physics) 2- year degree
Ph.D.(Physics)

I've 6 years in IT experience. In 2nd year of H1B. Labour approved with p.d. 11/14/2006. What are my chances of I-140 getting approved ?

Thanks
Srinivas