1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 CEAC data published...

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Britsimon, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

coronahope and Frantz like this.
  2. Britsimon

3. alban

alban Member

4. Britsimon

February interviews are set, but if you mean for April interviews (scheduled in February), yes that is a possibility.

5. alban

alban Member

Yes I mean for April. Thank u very much

6. dagi magna

dagi magna New Member

dear super moderator is there any analysis to Ethiopian and Egypt case

7. Britsimon

Not yet

8. dagi magna

dagi magna New Member

please make ur analysis as soon as possible

9. Britsimon

Well you can use your own deduction - both countries were current last year, and have less selectees this year - so what is the concern?

10. Britsimon

11. DV4ROGER

DV4ROGER Active Member

12. Britsimon

No. That "should" happen, but I don't want to get people worked up about that - because I don't think we have ever seen it in practice. Further - perhaps I had misunderstood - but I thought it only applied to the low admission regions - i.e. would not help AS and SA - although I admit it has been a long time since I checked the wording.

13. DV4ROGER

DV4ROGER Active Member

Some old numbers. They might be slightly off because I revised the database in the meantime, but I think the conclusion that AS received EU visas is still valid. All regions went current in that year.

[​IMG]

14. Britsimon

Thanks Roger - that certainly would be a lifeline to the other regions. Still the whole thing seems a bit bizarre - lthough maybe this was exactly what they were trying to achieve with the under selection in EU in particular.

15. DV4ROGER

DV4ROGER Active Member

No, it must be a mistake. Doing it on purpose would mean violating the law, wouldn't it?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  16. kchemist

kchemist Active Member

Dear Simon do you think you can predict the ROA AS cutoff for this VB?

17. Britsimon

I can't be certain. There was the odd thing that the 1NLs mentioned 84k selectees, then the numbers went out at 92k. Perhaps they expanded AS and AF regions. I'm not sure. I guess this year will give us some twists and turns.

I'm publishing the concept - with a dose of caution.

DV4ROGER likes this.
  18. Britsimon

I haven't really put any thought into it. I might.

With the data I published and my method being published - anyone else should be able to do that....

19. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

There have been a number of years where the two numbers have been different, and I think understanding why is one of the things about the DV process we just don't know,

20. Britsimon

Yup.