2013 January N-400 Tracker

Thank you, guys.

Good news is that I don't need to worry about having missed the oath letter until my status changes to oath scheduled.

Seems like chillies and the wife of flyingwiz' were a little quicker and flyingwiz and myself a little longer
(my interview was on 4-19, recommended but nothing since then).

Hi flyingwiz and chillies,

would you know when your case status changed (no more 'testing and interviewing') please? How many days before you received the oath letter in the mail?

Thanks
five

A friend of mine who had Interview on April 8th has his Oath Scheduled in the 1st week of May. His wife who had Interview on the same day is still waiting for the Oath Letter !!!

Thank you, guys.

Good news is that I don't need to worry about having missed the oath letter until my status changes to oath scheduled.

Seems like chillies and the wife of flyingwiz' were a little quicker and flyingwiz and myself a little longer
(my interview was on 4-19, recommended but nothing since then).

Last edited by a moderator:
My oath ceremony was yesterday! It took about 3 hrs altogether. It's official now. They had passport services in the building right after the ceremony. I applied for expedited service since I am traveling in 6 wks and didn't want to take chances.

INTERVIEW DONE - RECEIVED FORM N652 WITH CONGRATULATIONS TICKED!

Interview went well! Do I still need to worry about anything? Or should everything be OK? Any knowledge sharing will be appreciated!

Many thanks guys!

Interview completed:

GC Since April 2008
Application Mailed to Phoenix, Arizona
Local Office San Francisco

1/25/13: N-400 mailed to Phoenix,Arizona
1/26/13: N-400 delivered
1/28/13: Check cashed
02/04/13: FP notice recd
02/26/13: FP complete
03/19/13: Yellow Letter Received
03/25/13: In line for Interviewing scheduling
05/02/13: Interview Scheduled
05/02/13: Interview Done
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling Queue
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Interview went well! Do I still need to worry about anything? Or should everything be OK? Any knowledge sharing will be appreciated!

Congratulations, gc! No, nothing to do but to wait for a status change update and the oath letter. Like flyingwiz and me.

BTW, presumably the district office is currently working to get all documents in line for those who have their Oath Ceremony May 7th. But we should both make it into the next Oath Ceremony on May 21.

Last edited by a moderator:
waitinpatiently,
Thank you for telling us the interview experience -
Do you know by chance how one can find out if oath ceremony is taking place at any USCIS office ? Just trying to see if one is on my interview date.

Hi gcstruggle,

Congratulations, gc! No, nothing to do but to wait for a status change update and the oath letter. Like flyingwiz and me.

BTW, presumably the district office is currently working to get all documents in line for those who have their Oath Ceremony May 7th. But we should both make it into the next Oath Ceremony on May 21.

Yes!! My status changed today from "Testing" to "Oath Scheduled". I am pretty sure mine is scheduled for May 21. Maybe will see you there!

I passed my interview today in Newark, NJ. I was however told that my oath will be scheduled for another day. I had gone in believing that both the interview and oath happen the same day in NJ. I was given "computer system down" as the reason. Is there anyone with this kind of experience in Newark from the recent past?

Hello to be fellow citizens - I completed my interview and oath on the same day at USCIS Irving last Thursday. Here is my brief experience, hope it helps someone in the future.

My interview was at 8 am in the morning. I reach the security at about 7.30 a.m. Walk through the security point in about 5 mins. I go up to the second floor thinking there should not be many people, but surprisingly there were already about 40 people or so sitting inside. I check in with the lady at the information counter, she takes the appointment letter. I believe I would have waited for about 1 and half hours until being called.

When I was called, a very courteous officer asks me to follow him to the interview room. Before I sit, he asked me to raise my right arm and take the oath. Then he asked me to sit and started with the civics test and asks 6 questions and completes it. Some questions are senator term, what the declaration of independence did, if both president & VP cannot serve who becomes the president. I answer all 6 followed by a simple sentence to read and a simple sentence to write. Once I am done with this, all he asked me was the green card and he went through all questions in the N400 confirming answers. I signed at the end. He said I am approved and asked if I wanted to take oath that afternoon. I confirmed and everything was done.

I had carried a truck load of documents (as per Johnny Cash's excellent list of documents posted somewhere on this website), but not a single document was asked.

I had 2 traffic tickets (one about 5 years back for red light) and another one about 14 years back for a bumper accident. The officer just brushed past these saying these don't matter.

Due to urgent travel plans on June 5th, I completed the oath, fixed an appointment for my passport at the federal agency and got that completed as well.

Thanks to this excellent forum for being a great source of information all other volunteers here who help everyone.

GC Since April 2008
DO Dallas, TX
01/30/13: N-400 mailed to Dallas, TX
02/01/13: N-400 delivered
02/06/13: Check cashed
02/11/13: NOA Received
02/09/13: FP notice received
02/26/13: FP Appointment
02/12/13: FP Done (Walk in)
03/01/13: In line for Interview scheduling
03/22/13: Yellow letter received
04/04/13:Interview Scheduled
05/09/13: Interview Done
05/09/13: Oath Ceremony
05/10/13: Applied for Passport
05/10/13: Received Passport

That is a long wait for your oathing ceremony. were you changing your names?? I understand if you change names the oathing ceremony gets a little bit longer. Congrats by the way.

OATH LETTER RECEIVED AND SCHEDULED!

Any Ideas when can I apply for a passport? Are there any counters after the ceremony where you can apply?

I plan to travel to India first week July! ANY RECOMMENDATIONS/ADVICE will be greatly appreciated!

GC Since April 2008

05/13/13: Oath Letter received
05/21/13: Oath Ceremony

Hi gcstruggle,

ha, I knew it! I will see you there.

Yes, once you get your naturalization certificate on Tuesday, you can get in (another) line there to apply for a passport. Just make sure you have everything else mentioned on the passport envelope with you when you come in in the morning.

OATH LETTER RECEIVED AND SCHEDULED!

Any Ideas when can I apply for a passport? Are there any counters after the ceremony where you can apply?

I plan to travel to India first week July! ANY RECOMMENDATIONS/ADVICE will be greatly appreciated!

GC Since April 2008

05/13/13: Oath Letter received
05/21/13: Oath Ceremony

Thank you Five :) What are the other things you need, I can get them together over the weekend and see you there Tuesday :)

Thank you Five :) What are the other things you need, I can get them together over the weekend and see you there Tuesday :)

Well, it is two completely separate parts you want to complete Tuesday:

(1) getting sworn in. For that you need everything described in your oath letter (typically, the oath letter itself plus your green card). After being sworn in, you will receive your naturalization certificate.

(2) applying for a passport: On the day of your interview, you have received an envelope to apply for a passport, right? To apply on Tuesday, make sure you have this envelope plus all the items mentioned on the outside with you when you come in for the ceremony (except, of course, the certificate of naturalization, this you get during part 1).

See you there; I can't reply to my individual messages for some reason. Anyways, if you see a 6 foot 4 guy with shaven brown hair, chances are it's me.

Finally became a citizen on 05/18th.

Around 500 citizens on saturday morning showed up and celebrated the event in the DC Metro area

Congratulations Chillies !!!

I am still waiting for my Oath Letter..It's still in Que from 5/3/2013..didn't hear from them about scheduling.

Finally became a citizen on 05/18th.

Around 500 citizens on saturday morning showed up and celebrated the event in the DC Metro area