2013 January N-400 Tracker

Advice Needed and Much Obliged

Hi all,

I had the interview and the oath ceremony the same day which was yesterday: 4/8/13

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview passed today in Houston (min five years rule).

1.15.13 N-400 mailed priority certified return receipt to Dallas lockbox
1.17.13 N-400 received
1.24.13 NOA mailed
1.25.13 FP notice mailed
2.19.13 FP done
3.4.13 interview notice mailed (scheduled 4.10.13)
3.7.13 yellow notice mailed (had checked the box for 'cited')
4.10.13 Interview passed and oath letter rec'd
4.24.13 oath scheduled Houston TX
4.24.13 oath taken at M.O. Campbell Edu Center
4.24.13 applied for passport at Houston Passport Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview passed today in Houston (min five years rule).

1.15.13 N-400 mailed priority certified return receipt to Dallas lockbox
1.17.13 N-400 received
1.24.13 NOA mailed
1.25.13 FP notice mailed
2.19.13 FP done
3.4.13 interview notice mailed (scheduled 4.10.13)
3.7.13 yellow notice mailed (had checked the box for 'cited')
4.10.13 Interview passed and oath letter rec'd
4.24.13 oath scheduled Houston TX

congrats, can you post your interview experience.

I actually got there almost 1/2 hour early and dropped my appt letter in the tray. To my surprise I got called within minutes (earlier than my scheduled time) by a lady IO who was easy going and went through my application quickly asking me the questions on the N-400 form to make sure all was correct (I did this under oath which I guess is standard procedure). There were no problems whatsoever. I guess after all those years they pretty much can tell who they re dealing with and whether somebody has something to hide. She printed out a sheet to have it ready which I think it was my potential approval recommendation. Answered the first six civics/history/govt questions right away and a very simple sentence written in my own hand after which I was handed the approval recommendation with check marks in the appropriate boxes and told to wait for the oath letter in that same naturalization waiting area outside. The whole interview took about 15 mins. The waiting time until another person finally came with the oath letter was much longer, at least one hour, maybe more. I noticed that some people who were interviewed after me got their letters earlier so it's not exactly in the order of appearance. Probably because different IOs and approval and oath letters being processed separately. Anyway everything took probably about two hours. I m happily surprised that from the day I submitted my application to the oath ceremony it took just a little over three months.

Green Card since April 2008
Greer SC, office

01/19/13: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX
01/20/13: N-400 delivered
01/25/13: Check cashed
02/05/13: NOA received (Priority Date: 02/23/13 )
02/19/13: FP notice recd
03/01/13: FP Done
04/09/13: Interview Date
04/19/13: Oath
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Thank God this long journey finally ended. Forum was very helpful though this process. Good luck friends.

Special thanks to no-clue.

MH

Received IL today, below are my details:
EB3 GC - 5th anniversary on Apr 8, 2013
Local office - Hartford, CT

01/23: Filed
01/25: Delivered
01/28: RD/PD
01/29: NOA date
01/31: NOA mailed
02/01: FP notice date/mailed
02/04: NOA received
02/04: FP notice received (FP scheduled for 02/25)
02/11: FP done (walk-in)
03/08: In queue for interview scheduling (email)
03/11: Yellow letter date
03/12: Yellow letter mailed
03/15: Yellow letter received (bring DL/disposition of "arrests" - had a minor traffic ticket)
04/05: Interview scheduled (email)
04/11: Interview letter received
05/14: Interview date (1:45 pm)
... To be continued...

I am very happy today I got my oath appointment letter. It will be on April 23rd. In the letter, it asked me to bring all immigration documents I have, all reentry documents I have. Of course, my appointment letter, GC.

1. Do you think it is normal to ask to get all immigration documents and reentry documents during the oath ceremony?

2. What oath ceremony generally do? Oath? Or someone comes to interview you again?

3. After oath, generally what you get? Certificate right on the spot? Or what else?

Please comments

I completed oath ceremony today. 19 countries, 43 people, everything went well.
MH, if your ceremony is at 9:30 am, don't try to get there early. They don't let people in prior to 9:40, then security check, they verify the form, then verify the contents of certificate and the ceremony. Good luck.

I completed oath ceremony today. 19 countries, 43 people, everything went well.
MH, if your ceremony is at 9:30 am, don't try to get there early. They don't let people in prior to 9:40, then security check, they verify the form, then verify the contents of certificate and the ceremony. Good luck.

May I ask some questions?

Do you need to bring any documents to your oath ceremony? What's form you talked about? What's certificate?

May I ask some questions?

Do you need to bring any documents to your oath ceremony? What's form you talked about? What's certificate?

No documents unless you have re-entry permit. Just green card and the oath letter they gave you at the interview. You need to fill out back of the form on the oath date. They ask you if everything you filled out is true, then you verify all the details in the naturalization certificate if accurate, then on to the oath ceremony.

Hi No-Clue,
Thanks for the tip, my oath is at 10AM. So I will probably arrive about 10 minutes before that. Can I bring friends (2 or 3) to the ceremony. I am not sure if they allow or if there is any limit. Did you notice if anyone brought friends and family, or if you have any info on that.

Thanks once again.
MH

No documents unless you have re-entry permit. Just green card and the oath letter they gave you at the interview. You need to fill out back of the form on the oath date. They ask you if everything you filled out is true, then you verify all the details in the naturalization certificate if accurate, then on to the oath ceremony.

In my oath letter, it asked me to bring all re-entry permits and immigration documents I possibly have. I really don't know why they ask these documents or stuffs. Hope everything will be fine.

In fact, I don't know what's re-entry permit. Every time when I visited my home country, I only had stamps by custom officer. I only visited outside US once in last 5 years.

In my oath letter, it asked me to bring all re-entry permits and immigration documents I possibly have. I really don't know why they ask these documents or stuffs. Hope everything will be fine.

In fact, I don't know what's re-entry permit. Every time when I visited my home country, I only had stamps by custom officer. I only visited outside US once in last 5 years.

I believe it's their standard letter. Nothing to be concern about.

Hi No-Clue,
Thanks for the tip, my oath is at 10AM. So I will probably arrive about 10 minutes before that. Can I bring friends (2 or 3) to the ceremony. I am not sure if they allow or if there is any limit. Did you notice if anyone brought friends and family, or if you have any info on that.

Thanks once again.
MH

Mine was at 10 am too, but they asked me to be there by 9:30 am. Be there at 9:35 am or so. Yes you can bring friends and families. I don't think there is any limit. It is not a big room where the ceremony takes place. It can accommodate maybe 80 to 100 total.

My appointment is 9:15 AM. It will be rush hour from my place to ceremony place. Just little afraid of be late because of traffic.

Interview done and recommended for approval. Our time scheduled @ 11AM for both of us and we were in 10 mins early

Spouse called in first and i have waited for 15 mins. Interview was pretty smooth. Sworn in first and requested for GC, Passport and DL. And jump into questionnaire followed by N400 Questions. The lady officer was pretty fast by doing multitasking. Hardly 10 mins and i was out. None of the other documents were requested. Handed over the recommended for approval print. No oath on the same day. Waiting for the next update.

Congratulations to everyone who made this far and thanks for the all the info. We will continue to monitor and provide feedback

I am officially USC today!! There were new citizens from 85 countries, with most from Mexico, followed by India, Phillipines, Vietnam & China. Almost 500 new citizens :)

Applied for passports after the oath ceremony.

Good luck everyone!!