• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 Visa bulletin predictions

Where did you read that? Provide the link.

Here is the link I have the pdf file so click on the first result.

http://www.google.com.kw/search?hl=...vercome+a+presumption+of+fraud.29&btnG=Search

Extract is as follows under the derivatives section

Derivatives
Successful lottery “winners” are also granted immigrant visas for their spouses and children under the age of twenty-one years. The immigrant visas granted to the derivatives are counted against the 50,000 diversity visa cap. For the derivative to benefit, he or she must be listed on the application. If a winner omits or fails to disclose an existing spouse or child, such a pretermitted derivative will not be eligible. However, the DOS will provide an exception for after-born children and spouses from marriages subsequent to the application, provided that they are bona fide derivatives who can overcome a presumption of fraud.29

Interview Scheduled>> Feb 2012

Hi all
My interview scheduled in Feb
Preparing required Documents
For Proof of financial situation, Bank statement is enough with how much? above poverty line is accepted?
wish you all good luck

Asia

Year 2012
October 8,000 Started 1,000 numbers less than year 2011
November 10,000 750 numbers less than year 2011, but increase was up by 2,000 number instead of 1,750 numbers
December 15,000 3,400 numbers more than year 2011, and increased by 5,000 numbers instead of 850 numbers
January 18,500 5,200 number more than year 2011, and increased by 3,500 number instead of 1,700 numbers
February 23,900 9,050 number more than year 2011, and increased 5,400 numbers instead of 1,550
March 27,000 9,800 numbers more than year 2011, and increased by 3,100 numbers instead of 2,350
April
May
June
July
August
September

This year it reached 27,000 by March, while year 2011 it reached 27,000 by june. This year its moving faster by 2-3 months than last year.

Year 2011
October 9,000
November 10,750
December 11,600
January 13,300
February 14,850
March 17,200
April 19,250
May 23,500
June 28,600
July 33,775
August 39,750
September Current

Great, February visa bulletin out!

..my interview will be definitelly in March!!
2012EU00025XXX

Looks like my interview will be in march as well! When do we need to expect to see the interview letter on the website? I just checked it and I still see the win confirmation, but no interview letter. I thought people here get it right after DV bulletin release?

I thought the same thing about my case but no interview letter, yet. Maybe because of the weekend?
If anybody has received something please let us know.

I thought the same thing about my case but no interview letter, yet. Maybe because of the weekend?
If anybody has received something please let us know.

Maybe that is because the bulletin was released a bit earlier than usual? In december it was released on the 9th, and I got my notification email right away. Maybe you'll get yours on the 9th (Monday), as well?

A bit dissappointed

My strong suspicion is that the actual cases are not moving any faster than those in the past 5-6 years. During May 1 draw, Confirmation numbers were automayically generated for those entrants who won. Since that draw was annulled, so had to be the Confirmation Numbers as well.

because a confirmation number cannot be assigned to two people (once: for a person in May 1 draw, and second time: for a person in July draw)....May 1 confirmation numbers ma have been thrown away and instead, new ones issued; the July confirmation number had to be higher than the May ones.

Another reason may be that some confirmation numbers may simply be skipped if fraud is detected.

If you look at year 2002, there were 24,422 selectees in Europe. If the confirmation numbers were sequential, then why did US bulletin announce numbers up until 39,100? In year 2002, it appears that almost every second confirmation number was skipped.

Why?

Bottom line: I don't think that real interview cases are moving any faster at all. I think it's the same speed. It may be a bit faster due to economic situation. Look at what's happening in world? Global double recession: some people can barely manage living in their own country, let alone moving to another.

Makes sense! May be that's why they are now slower...or back to history :(

Am disappointed by the numbers this time...they have been moving so fast and suddenly it appears slow for all but Oceania, South America & Caribbean.
January to February to March
Africa moved 8700 then down to 3800
Asia Moved 5,000 then 3100
Europe moved 6,000 then 4500
NA (Bahamas) moved 1 then 0
Oceania moved 125, then 150
SA & Caribbean moved 100 then 150.

I was sort of hoping that they will keep the numbers up a 1000 more each month as per previous months bringing like Africa to like 40,000 by March but NOPE!

Makes sense! May be that's why they are now slower...or back to history :(

Am disappointed by the numbers this time...they have been moving so fast and suddenly it appears slow for all but Oceania, South America & Caribbean.
January to February to March
Africa moved 8700 then down to 3800
Asia Moved 5,000 then 3100
Europe moved 6,000 then 4500
NA (Bahamas) moved 1 then 0
Oceania moved 125, then 150
SA & Caribbean moved 100 then 150.

I was sort of hoping that they will keep the numbers up a 1000 more each month as per previous months bringing like Africa to like 40,000 by March but NOPE!

Quick question to makeiteasier

My DV number is 2012AF0001*** ; Kind of similar to yours. However, I have not done all the steps that you have done (reading in your signature). The steps that I have done so far are:
1. Sent letter to KCC
2. Received confirmation from KCC
3. Sent $440
4. Waiting for a receipt.

My question to you is: why have you done all the other steps? Are they needed, since our number will be current approx in June/July?

Thanks

C.P. Question..Please Suggest me!!!

Hello Everyone,

Actually, I am in F-1 student visa and working in a company as a part of the CPT program. In addition, my mom and dad are here in the USA as a tourist visa, staying with my sister ( my sister is a Permanent Resident ). My sister wants to extend my parent's tourist visa for 6 more months. I was wondering if extending their visa would affect my immigrant visa issuance to the USA from USA embassy in Nepal. Please do suggest me!!!

Regards,
prince23

Waiting for 2NL

I am doing CP. According to the January 6th Bulletin my case number becomes current on March.
Unfortunately, I haven't receive any interview letter yet.
Is anybody in the same situation? Thanks.

I am doing CP. According to the January 6th Bulletin my case number becomes current on March.
Unfortunately, I haven't receive any interview letter yet.
Is anybody in the same situation? Thanks.
You have to check the status online rather than waiting for the paper letter. The rule had been changed.