• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 dv lottery winners from nigeria report here

Good luck to all on this forum IJN,AMEN

POE was easy. Got to the border (the one at Champlain at the Quebec/NY border) around 9.00 am on sept ,29 and told to head to secondary with our sealed package from the consulate. Parked the car and went inside. I was only sitting for less than 5 minutes before a lady called us up. She asked us about where we are moving and a few other questions. She then opened the sealed envelope and make sure the addresses were right, so the green card and SSN would be sent to the right place. wewere then instructed to sit down while she went over the forms. About 30 minutes later, I was finally called back up and she took my fingerprints. And not electronically, the old way with ink and paper. She was having problems doing my fingerprint, so another guy came to take them. He was extremely nice and even joked with me. Once he took my fingerprint, I was then asked to sign this tiny box. The lady told me to sign . And then I got my passport back and that was it! We were at the border for less than an hour.
The first item was a welcome letter 3 weeks after.the following week The second, and more exciting, piece of mail was my green card. Arrived as Priority Mail, oh boy! Let me tell you, there are a LOT of security features on this green card. And the back is super cool. There's this portion at the top that looks like a negative for old pictures, and if you look closely, there's a second picture of me, as well as info like my birth date, USCIS receipt number, A#, etc. Above this, there are tiny little pictures of all the US states. And then below, there's a picture of all the US presidents (including Obama, the newest). They definitely don't want this card to be forged in any way!

I'm using two WAEC result. One is with credit in English language while the other is not. Please, hope this result wont raise a negative concern during my interview? Meanwhile the combine result is of seven credit grade and also I have B.Eng in Petroleum Engineering.
I would be Glad to have forumite insight concerning this.

More so, this trend is too quite. What is happening? Where are the 2012 dv winners and also, the dv 2011 winners should contribute to our successful interview.

Thanks!

Successful interview

I did my interview today and it was an outright success.
i want to thank everyone in the house for your help.
I will share my experience soon. I will also be willing to help
any forunmite that need assistance as a way of giving back to the house.

sorry ,i have not been posting lately, i don't seem to like the
change made by the admin in the forum.

Please what are the changes because I noticed that the forum is too quite.
Jummy, I am waiting to share from your experience because my interview is around the corner (January).

Please what are the changes because I noticed that the forum is too quite.
Jummy, I am waiting to share from your experience because my interview is around the corner (January).

I think the Forum is quite because there is so much of valuable information posted on the site that almost all you need is covered.
I for one am ready to share and interact for information that I am sure of as I too am a newbie to this.
Let’s keep praying for each other and hope the ones who complete their interviews provide this rich forum with their experience which will greatly help the others to follow…

January Visa Bulletin OUT

For January, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 24,700 Except: Egypt 16,800
Ethiopia 16,800
Nigeria 14,500
ASIA 18,500
EUROPE 16,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 650
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 675

Visa fees

Greetings to everyone in the house, please I need urgent response because of what am hearing about visa fees now, please how much is the visa fee now, and do Nigerian couple needs Affidavit of Support at the embassy, and as a married woman will she put her husband surname on her own NPC birth certificate or her maiden name, please your urgent response is highly welcome.

@mrdemmie & judend

The Visa fee is $440 and exchange rate as at 14th Feb. was #165.
Affidavit of support (Form I - 134) not requested.
Married woman should use her Maiden Name on her NPC Birth Certificate / NPC Attestation of Birth.

@mrdemmie & judend

The Visa fee is $440 and exchange rate as at 14th Feb. was #165.
Affidavit of support (Form I - 134) not requested.
Married woman should use her Maiden Name on her NPC Birth Certificate / NPC Attestation of Birth.

@Tonny Congrats my bro. But i will disagree with you on the issue of married women using their maiden name on NPC attestation. There is procedure for obtaining NPC certificate. Ur maiden name is requested as well as ur husband name. So how come u use maiden name only. Not to mislead other pple, if u are married b/4 ur interview ur husband name should be on the form, make sure ur marriage certficate is ok and u carry it along to embassy.

More enquiry

Thanks so much Mejemeje and Tonny am so grateful, please let be specific and be sure about the woman's name on the NPC certificate is it her husband surname or her maiden name, or her husband surname and her maiden name in bracket after the whole name, and does she need change of name too and in publication, the woman in question is married before they applied for d lottery and she's a BENEFICIARY not a principal applicant. I really appreciate your response, thank you so much.

Success is ours.

Attestation of Birth/ Birth Certificate is normally suppose to be done by the applicant parent or the relative but sometimes we do it by ourselves. It shall have only maiden name if the applicant hasn't publicized her change of names. Publication of change of names validate all post publication documents in your husband's name's'.
Thanks!

Please forgive me for sharing my experience a bit late.

My wife, my daughter and I got to embassy earlier than 7 am, the appointment time. We were called in and we made the payment of two hundred and seventeen thousand eight hundred naira ($440 x 3 x 165 naira) only.

The below documents were collected:

Medical document;
Police certificate;
Marriage certificate;
Degree Certificate and WAEC;
And Birth certificate.

NOTE: All these documents were carefully arranged and separated into different envelope by me before getting to the embassy such that when the guy requesting for each one, I called the envelope out and give him the requested one. This made the guy astonished and impressed.

The above stated documents were collected from me and my wife excluding the degree certificate from my wife because she has some month to finish her MBBS. While DS – 230 form for my child was also submitted.

I went with different back-up documents such as Traditional and White (Church) wedding album, wedding invitation, church wedding program’s booklet, my daughter’s naming ceremony album, pictures of my wife when she was pregnant, My wife’s affidavit of change of names, Copy of my wife’s publication of change of names in two newspaper, Affidavit of marriage, My Bachelor of Engineering graduation’s pictures and my NYSC certificate with the picture album.

We sat down and later, we were called to one of the window.

The Interview:

CO : Good morning
I : Good morning
CO : You are “ my full name”
I : Yes
CO : Passed all our original document to us except the international passports and asked us to keep it.
I : Thanks!
CO : Do u know what to do for me?
I : No!
CO : Shown me and my wife, the part to sign on our DS-230

My wife & I : We signed

CO : Asked who is to sign for my daughter on her DS-230
I : Signed
CO : Instructed me and my wife to do fingerprint.

My wife and I : We did fingerprint.

CO : Asked my wife to go and sit down

My wife : Sat very close to the window where I was interviewed.

CO : What is your highest qualification?
I : I have BEng. In ……………. Engineering and I graduated in year …………..
CO : Your document read that you have experience in your field of study, What do u do now?
I : I stated where ‘am working, the job title, mentioned my job responsibilities and inputted all my past job experience.

NOTE : I was first frightened because I prepared to answer question on education. Later I remembered that I filled the experience part of my DSP-122 and DS-230. Meanwhile, I did not give him chance to scrutinize me while I was saying everything about my work experience.

CO : OK ! ! ! That’s all right
I : Thanks!
CO : You registered for the lottery as married while your marriage certificate read a date after the registration. What transpired?

I : It is well understood in my culture that traditional marriage precede the court or the church marriage. In the light of this, our traditional marriage had taken place before the registration of marriage in the registry as law requested and also before church marriage as our doctrine preaches. Therefore, my wife and I have been blessed as couple traditionally before the lottery registration. I have evidence to buttress my points, Sir.

CO : What is it?
I : Our traditional marriage album and our white wedding album.
CO : Let me see it.

I : I brought out a big picture album that has our traditional wedding pictures shows my wife and I in native attire and in the presence of both parents. I started flipping the album to show different pictures and telling the CO about the people in the album. I opened about five pages of interesting traditional pictures in front and I skipped into white wedding’s pictures at the middle of the album. I continued telling him about the people in the picture.
NOTE: I was in a lighter mood, very audible and I made sure that I commanded the audience around me. Suddenly I noticed that the CO was typing something on his computer.

CO : OK! Who is to pick the visa?
I : Answered
CO : Showed me the address on the white sheet
I : A white sheet collected.

I am using this opportunity to thanks all the concerned forumites.

ADVICE : My gentle words goes to the forumites who are preparing for visa interview, please be courageous and be firm in your speeches during the interview.
Ensure your documents are intact and probe yourself before the main interview.

For married applicants, relate to each other as couple at the interview venue not as distant relatives. Who knows the official watching?

I noticed that some applicants in this forum that failed the visa interview are derivatives. They are not the principal applicant. Please permit me if I made wrong justification on this perception. However, it is highly advisable for the beneficiary of this forum to invite his or her primary applicant to be active in the forum. I read a lot of forum’s trends and I posted my concerns for forumites to help.

Thanks and best regards,

Tonnyblue

@Tonnyblue, congratulations man. I wish you all the best in your preparations for the final move to the U.S with your family.