2012 august n-400 tracker

I'm joining Air Force reserve and continuing working on my bachelors in finance . As soon as certificate in my hand planing on petition a green card for my mom and dad . Unfortunately , my home country ( Uzbekistan ) doesn't recognize dual citizenship , so I'll have to renounce my Uzbek citizenship .

Same here for the underlined part in your email. I had to renounce earlier citizenship and then get an OCI card which gives lifelong visa free visits and stay in India. Getting selective on job front in USA. Limited opportunities in sight, at least as of now.

I went to Fairfax USCIS office on Jan 28th for my citizenship only to find out that all appointments until 12pm have been cancelled due to snow and delayed office openings. My appointment was at 11:30AM and I had no option other than coming back home. I am so upset, but I guess that is the way of life. They told me that they will mail me the appointment letter with the new date (sometime in Feb or March). The whole process got shifted by a month or two :-(

I went to Fairfax USCIS office on Jan 28th for my citizenship only to find out that all appointments until 12pm have been cancelled due to snow and delayed office openings. My appointment was at 11:30AM and I had no option other than coming back home. I am so upset, but I guess that is the way of life. They told me that they will mail me the appointment letter with the new date (sometime in Feb or March). The whole process got shifted by a month or two :-(

Buddy, it is a travesty that it all has to happen. I am in the same boat since I had my appointment at 8:30 AM on that day. USCIS website today shows my appointment is rescheduled and not sure when it is going to be... AGAIN, WAITING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME...

Buddy, it is a travesty that it all has to happen. I am in the same boat since I had my appointment at 8:30 AM on that day. USCIS website today shows my appointment is rescheduled and not sure when it is going to be... AGAIN, WAITING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME...
I just checked the USCIS website and it showed the same message that my appointment has been rescheduled. Hopefully, it won't be not too far. I didn't get any text message or email for the update though.

Interview complete today

Its almost middle of March now, any news yet?

Hi Mogambo and others,

I completed my interview today. It was only for about 15 minutes. Officer first went through my N-400 application and asked me questions from the application. She then gave me a reading, writing and finally the civics test. She informed me that I passed all the tests and if I would be available for the Oath ceremony on March 27th, and I said - "Yes" :) She asked me to wait for 10 mins in the waiting area to give me the letter with oath scheduled date. Officer came back in 10 mins into the lobby and gave me the blue letter. I will take the Oath on 27th and that should conclude my immigration journey. I thank everyone in this forum and specially Mogambo. This forum has been very useful. I wish you all good luck.

Yep, same here.... had interview this morning at 8:30AM. I was there at 8, waited for an hour and called in at 9. The interview lasted for 15min. Following questions were asked:
1) What is rule of law?
2) Name of national anthem?
3) Ocean on the West Coast?
4) Min age to vote?
5) What does 13 stripes stand for?
6) Dont remember this...

Asked to read -- There are 100 US Senators.
Asked to write -- Alaska is the largest state in US.

I answered all of them straight and it went smoothly. Officer was very calm, pleasant and helpful. She patiently verified all the information on the N400 and asked me to sign few forms and photographs. Then she gave me a letter saying that I passed the interview and I am recommended for the US Citizenship. Since I request a change to my LONG SOUTH INDIAN name, she mentioned that all the name change request automatically take time and mentioned that I will have to attend Oath Ceremony in Arlington some time in May/June.

Atleast the critical part is over and now I am eagerly waiting for the Oath Day...

Good luck to you all those folks waiting....

You will be ok without a lawyer . Just bring in court disposition paper. I had citation too , wasn't arrested .

I brought the court minuets ,pass the test and signed the form on 01/15 they asked me to write a statement about what happened and send it by mail , I did, I had no response till now, I mad a lot of calls, check the case status everyday but i had no clear answer, why the case status stay on requesting evidence , even I went to the local office via the info-pass and it is the same answer , it is the process
if some one give me an advice what I have to do

N-400 Still Waiting

Hello,

I am new here and thought I would post my question.

We filed the N-400 for my wife to gain citizenship back in August. I don't remember the exact date.
I know the USCIS site says that the notice for fingerprints was sent on September 10, 2012. We did get that and she did go get that done. The check has been cashed but since that time the status of the N-400 has been sitting in "Initial Review". It is now March 20th 2013. We live in Dallas, TX and filed at the Lewisville office. I am wondering if anyone else has had long wait times here in Texas.

One caveat is that my wife and I were married on 7/2/2009. She received her conditional green card very quickly after that. Once we hit our 2 year anniversary we filed the I-751 paperwork. This was around August 2011. That paperwork is also in “Initial Review”. From everything we read including information from the USCIS site itself we were supposed to file the N-400 even with the I-751 pending and the IO was supposed to process them both when the N-400 comes up. We did fingerprinting back then as well. We also did fingerprinting during the initial green card process.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any ideas on why it is taking so long? I am going to try and call the USCIS tomorrow but just wondering if it is normal. The site says processing times for the N-400 is 5 months and we are about a month past that now.

Waiting long time after request evidence - n-400

in my app N-400 I answered this Q NO, but the officer told me that I had a citation 2 years before I remember that I paid a fin of $125 in the court but i ever never get arrested and I thought that any fin less than $500 can be neglected >>>she told me to bring the papers from the court and I did
do I need a lawyer ?
how can I have a Representative because I read, write, understand English but I'm not fluent speaker
too many thnx

I brought the court minuets ,pass the test and signed the form N-400 on 01/15 they asked me to write a statement about what happened and led to the infraction and send it by mail , I did, and it has been delivered on 01/22, I had no response till now, I mad a lot of calls, check the case status everyday but i had no clear answer, why the case status stay on requesting evidence , even I went to the local office via the info-pass and it is the same answer , it is the process
Plz, if some one give me an advice what I have to do

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats its finally over, but it has been a long wait for you. I logged in today after a very very very long time to check whether the thread is still active or should I delete it, to find that some people are still waiting.

BTW, nothing has changed for me after USC, in fact some prospects are/were lost in my home country, so...
:confused:. But at least, done with 6 monthly visits.... :cool:. I know some people wont like these statements but that is the harsh reality. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Perhaps, we should create a thread for sharing our successes or failures after this change of the status. That will give a ray or light or darkness towards which they are heading in future. It will also help us share our happiness and sorrow with each other and with people who are still debating whether they should go ahead for it or not.

What does everyone think of it?

Hi Mogambo and others,

I completed my interview today. It was only for about 15 minutes. Officer first went through my N-400 application and asked me questions from the application. She then gave me a reading, writing and finally the civics test. She informed me that I passed all the tests and if I would be available for the Oath ceremony on March 27th, and I said - "Yes" :) She asked me to wait for 10 mins in the waiting area to give me the letter with oath scheduled date. Officer came back in 10 mins into the lobby and gave me the blue letter. I will take the Oath on 27th and that should conclude my immigration journey. I thank everyone in this forum and specially Mogambo. This forum has been very useful. I wish you all good luck.

Got my Naturalization Certificate at last

I may be the last one in the queue but done with Immigration stuff. Sworn in as USC on 5/16... Next day, went to apply for passport but learnt that I needed to take appointment for that. So I applied for it on Tuesday (5/28). I have to wait and see how long it takes.

No more cards, docs, AR11s etc... one less burden in the journey....

Thanks for all of your support and hanging there...