2012 august n-400 tracker

just got back from interview. passed and recommended for approval. have to wait for the oath letter in mail.
appointment was at 7:45. got there at 7:30 and were out by 8:05

Interview has been scheduled

Today my N-400 application's online status changed to:
----------------

On December 7, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 30 days of the date the notice is mailed, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include
-----------------

Actually I want to delay my naturalisation until my kids get their I-485s are apprvoed.

No, sorry, had my oath, same afternoon after morning interview. Stopped checking my case status 1 month before my case interview/ same day oath was scheduled.

thanks.
so you know how much after the interview, you get some sort of LUD or go into the queue for oath scheduling?

Ye Ye Ye... After looooooooong time, my status changed to Testing and Interview. I have one more week to come to US and hope they don't schedule within that time :p. Since things started moving....

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On December 10, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling.

after they schedule you for interview (which has not happened yet but hopefully soon), you usually have about 5 weeks to your interview date.

Ye Ye Ye... After looooooooong time, my status changed to Testing and Interview. I have one more week to come to US and hope they don't schedule within that time :p. Since things started moving....

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On December 10, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling.

No, sorry, had my oath, same afternoon after morning interview. Stopped checking my case status 1 month before my case interview/ same day oath was scheduled.

thanks.
just got the txt that i am placed in oath scheduling que.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks.
just got the txt that i am placed in oath scheduling que.
Shahramt
congrats
My wife had an interview last thrusday and passed, but was told that officer called in sick and will have to read the file since the guy is not there. said will contact us within 2 weeks. what do you guys think of that? do u think the time will be a month from letter receipt like interview letters, or sooner, i have heard news that in cases like these the scheduling is much sooner.

Shahramt
congrats
My wife had an interview last thrusday and passed, but was told that officer called in sick and will have to read the file since the guy is not there. said will contact us within 2 weeks. what do you guys think of that? do u think the time will be a month from letter receipt like interview letters, or sooner, i have heard news that in cases like these the scheduling is much sooner.

are you asking about oath letter? i am not sure about the timelines for oath scheduling and ceremony.

are you asking about oath letter? i am not sure about the timelines for oath scheduling and ceremony.
I am asking in general, anyone had an experience like that, case officer called in sick? usually, if the interview had already been conducted, when the oath letter comes in , the appointment won't be too far away (a month for example) just like the interview. who has a say in that please?

Have you ever committed a crime or offense for which you were not arrested

in my app N-400 I answered this Q NO, but the officer told me that I had a citation 2 years before I remember that I paid a fin of $125 in the court but i ever never get arrested and I thought that any fin less than $500 can be neglected >>>she told me to bring the papers from the court and I did
do I need a lawyer ?
how can I have a Representative because I read, write, understand English but I'm not fluent speaker
too many thnx

in my app N-400 I answered this Q NO, but the officer told me that I had a citation 2 years before I remember that I paid a fin of $125 in the court but i ever never get arrested and I thought that any fin less than $500 can be neglected >>>she told me to bring the papers from the court and I did
do I need a lawyer ?
how can I have a Representative because I read, write, understand English but I'm not fluent speaker
too many thnx

You will be ok without a lawyer . Just bring in court disposition paper. I had citation too , wasn't arrested .

Interview letter is received

Today i received my interview letter. My interview is on 01/15/2013. I am hoping that my kids I-485 will be adjudicated before that....

If you think that could be problem, you can get your interview rescheduled for a later date. Better visit the your local office and ask them which other dates are available and they should be able to help.

Today i received my interview letter. My interview is on 01/15/2013. I am hoping that my kids I-485 will be adjudicated before that....

If you think that could be problem, you can get your interview rescheduled for a later date. Better visit the your local office and ask them which other dates are available and they should be able to help.

I am thinking of postponing my oath ceremony. My DO office, Baltimore is aware of the facts as well as TSC where I-485 is pending. One of my daughter's I-485 is under review and other 17 years old daughter's I-485 is waiting on the table of Adjudicating officer.

In fact, my DO office informed TSC to either adjudicate my daughters I-485s or tranfer the petitions to DO office, Baltmore. i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe you can try postponing both, in series, so that you dont have to ask them twice to postpone interview and get double the time. Maybe you can buy 2 months using this strategy. Just wondering....
I am thinking of postponing my oath ceremony. My DO office, Baltimore is aware of the facts as well as TSC where I-485 is pending. One of my daughter's I-485 is under review and other 17 years old daughter's I-485 is waiting on the table of Adjudicating officer.

In fact, my DO office informed TSC to either adjudicate my daughters I-485s or tranfer the petitions to DO office, Baltmore. i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe you can try postponing both, in series, so that you dont have to ask them twice to postpone interview and get double the time. Maybe you can buy 2 months using this strategy. Just wondering....

Some one mentioned in one of the threads that it is not a good idea to postpone the interview and might cause issues. This is on some other issue. They have been advised to rather postpone the oath ceremony. I thought that I should follow the same strategy.