2012 august n-400 tracker

If I understand your postings correctly, as per USCIS you have been arrested some time back. You claim that you have never been arrested in the past. USCIS must be finding some where that you have been arrested. I do not think that you can argue with USCIS on this. First you need to find the source which indicates that you have been arrested. When did you check your credit history last time? Please check your credit history immediately. That should provide your arrested information. I do not think USCIS on it's own claims that somebody is arrested or not.

Once you find the source of your arrest, you need to call the police station as per which you have been arrested. The police will clear if there are any manual mistakes in the updates. I am saying this based on my experience. One of my old landlord claimed that I had been arrested in HighPoint, North Carolina. That entry is cleared when I called the police station in HighPoint, North Carolina.
I hope that this helps...

Ok, I found a thread from earlier this year that would suggest it's just a computer-generated form. Still though, the person I spoke with was truly surprised about this so it doesn't seem like it.
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...cd-showing-arrest-!!!&highlight=arrest+notice

And I'm still on hold with them :mad:
Now my concern is about providing documentation for the super old traffic tickets that I just cannot imagine getting a hold of. I don't even remember what county they were in and only vaguely remember dates and states (one in MA, one in NJ and one in TX). The only one I can present documents about is the one from this year that is still pending (am contesting it and have a court date in January).
The relevant language is:
"NOTE: Unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related or serious personal injury to another person occurred. you do not
need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest If the only penalty was a fine of
less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license."

So what gives? So confused.

___
UPDATE: I finally spoke to a very helpful supervisor who confirmed it's just a computer-generated letter (meant to freak people out is not what she said but is what I assume :p) and that I just need to show up with my ID and explain to the interviewing officer that my application does not state I was ever arrested and all should be fine. I did ask her about the speeding tickets and she said that I should also explain that to the interviewing officer. She also said that it would be up to his/her discretion about me not having documents on those and I said to her "you say it's up to his discretion but I understand that (and I read the relevant language about DUI, less than $500, etc.) then I don't really have to present any documentation so it may be up to his discretion but in reality it isn't, right? And she agreed with me and said that I should be fine at my interview.
She also confirmed that I was in line for interview scheduling and that I'd be getting an interview letter very soon (she emphasized the VERY).

Thanks. My credit record is squeaky clean as of two months ago and so is my driving record (got copy from DMV last month). I've also had to have background checks done for jobs. The supervisor did say it was a computer-generated form so based on the fact that I know I've never been arrested and my background checks as of last year came up clean, I can't do much else. She did look up my file and said there was nothing there regarding arrest.
Thanks for the insight on your experience! I hope I don't have something like that lurking without my knowledge and despite my diligence looking into my files.

NoMoreStamps, are you sure that when you were typing N400 form , you accidentally didn't check wrong box ,, Have you ever been arrested ,,?

If your record is clean, you have nothing to worry about . They may sent you that letter by accident or something else .

NoMoreStamps, are you sure that when you were typing N400 form , you accidentally didn't check wrong box ,, Have you ever been arrested ,,?

100% positive. I also have a copy of everything I sent. And like Santa, I checked my list twice :). I think it's because of the compounded question in #16: "have you ever been arrested, CITED, or detained". I received a citation for speeding so I had to answer yes And I included an explanation to avoid confusion. Hopefully that is all there is to it.

I don't think you needed to disclose your speeding ticket since fine was less than 500 bucks.. But it's not a big deal .. I wouldn't worry too much over it .. I am sure the proof of paid ticket is all you need to have ..

If you have a traffic tickets, you will still need to answer YES for the following question:

Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained ?

After doing so, then check for the secondary condition, if any ticket is over $500 "only then" you will have to attach a proof of disposition of that ticket.

I don't think you needed to disclose your speeding ticket since fine was less than 500 bucks.. But it's not a big deal .. I wouldn't worry too much over it .. I am sure the proof of paid ticket is all you need to have ..

Thanks mogambo.
Indeed the question is meant to be over-inclusive. I do think they should break up the question into two to avoid confusion with the arrests part but oh well.

I quote again the relevant language regarding not having to provide documentation in certain circumstances:
"NOTE: Unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related or serious personal injury to another person occurred. you do not
need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest If the only penalty was a fine of
less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license."

If you have a traffic tickets, you will still need to answer YES for the following question:

Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained ?

After doing so, then check for the secondary condition, if any ticket is over $500 "only then" you will have to attach a proof of disposition of that ticket.

Laluna, did you get your oath letter yet? If not, it appears there is a long wait in your DO.

Congrats and all the best for your upcoming oath. Can you post your detailed interview experience along with your case timeline. That would be helpful to people who are still waiting to reach that step.
Thanks.

passed my intervew yesterday 11-01-12 everything when good. now waiting for the oath date