2012 august n-400 tracker

Not sure about same day oath, since Trackitt does not have my DO listed in their system so we have to choose the "closest DO/ USCIS office". Going by that DO data from previous cases 4 cases who were interviewed, all were allowed a same day oath.

Will come to know more about it during my interview...

Yea, great news? did you have to reschedule the interview yourself, or the UsciS changed the date? if so how did you get notified of the change?

Also, isn't your anniversary on November 15? which means that November 14 would not provide the same day oath as you would not be meeting your anniversary?

Yea, great news? did you have to reschedule the interview yourself, or the UsciS changed the date? if so how did you get notified of the change?

Also, isn't your anniversary on November 15? which means that November 14 would not provide the same day oath as you would not be meeting your anniversary?

his PD is 8/6 so definitely it is before nov 14.

I have replied to your question in PM.

So now I'm in the waiting game which is, I guess *ok* as it hasn't been that long. But I was hoping that my status would've changed to interview scheduled by now. It changed to in line for interview on the 19th and now it's the 26th and nothing, nada, zip, zilch. I know I'm being impatient so I guess am just venting. Does thing stage highly depend on the DO? Is that why some people are scheduled with less time elapsed from being changed to "testing and interview"? My DO is Houston.
Cheers.

I am with Newark DO, but same story ... No change since 10/15 when I was switched to inline for interview. I am curious if I canto call them up and get the status..

So now I'm in the waiting game which is, I guess *ok* as it hasn't been that long. But I was hoping that my status would've changed to interview scheduled by now. It changed to in line for interview on the 19th and now it's the 26th and nothing, nada, zip, zilch. I know I'm being impatient so I guess am just venting. Does thing stage highly depend on the DO? Is that why some people are scheduled with less time elapsed from being changed to "testing and interview"? My DO is Houston.
Cheers.

Finally my status changed to in line for interview scheduling

Given that you posted this right after I was wallowing in self-pity regarding my case's lack of movement, I'm going to go with:

SHOW OFF!!!!

(just kidding, congrats!).

ugh, nevermind... I just realized that you didn't say "interview scheduled" but "in line for"... This is what I get for wanting to feign self-righteousness.

I am with Newark DO, but same story ... No change since 10/15 when I was switched to inline for interview. I am curious if I canto call them up and get the status..
I don't know if we can call BUT I'm guessing that in both our cases, it's still quite a bit premature to call.
We'll just have to wait a bit longer and hope the wait isn't too long.
At this point, we're looking at earliest interview dates for the last week of November, first week of December (assuming the interviews are one month away from the IL). There's still time to get this done by the end of the year.
Here's hoping!

Given that you posted this right after I was wallowing in self-pity regarding my case's lack of movement, I'm going to go with:

SHOW OFF!!!!

ugh, nevermind... I just realized that you didn't say "interview scheduled" but "in line for"... This is what I get for wanting to feign self-righteousness.

based on trackitt, for Huston, it takes about 3.5 to 4 months from application to interview so considering you applied on 8/20, you probably get scheduled for interview sometime in early to mid november and interview will be mid december.

based on trackitt, for Huston, it takes about 3.5 to 4 months from application to interview so considering you applied on 8/20, you probably get scheduled for interview sometime in early to mid november and interview will be mid december.

Thanks for a helpful reply to an otherwise silly post :D.

i am shocked that according to trackitt there is no activities for NEwark office... all stopped by mid september and no more interviews were scheduled .. but hey, it's a waiting game ...

Don't worry too much and don't be too much emotional about all this, after all it is literally a test of our patience (every time you seek an immigration benefit from USCIS). Since there are so many candidates and your application has to jump so many hurdles, so it takes time.

Frequenting this forum too often or staying logged in all the time increases your anxiety to unexpected levels, so maintain your calm and get occupied in your daily routine, keeping the fact in back of the mind that your N-400 is being processed normally and there is nothing that can be done to expedite it, unless it surpasses 180 day mark at each step.

Your ann date and filing date pattern is same as mine expect 19/20 days difference and you too applied -90d in advance, so I would suggest take a lead from my case. Looking at your case I expect you to be getting "In-line" and "IL" in coming days, maybe in next week. But if it does not happen, don't get disheartened as you have to also keep in mind the Thanksgiving and other USCIS off days are coming in November, so some interview dates are bound to fall behind, like those who would have ideally been interviewed on 22nd maybe be done on 26th as you suggested in my case, so people who would have been actually ready to be interviewed on 26th would have to wait for more days and likewise.
All the best !
Based on my analysis your case should follow the following timelines:
Adding 20 days to your each step, your case status should look like this (assuming your case takes similar course as my case). Disclaimer: These are just my predictions.
2012: 08/20: Mailed:)08/22: PD:)08/31: FP NOA:)9/4: FP Done >>>PREDICTIONS>>:confused:11/2: In-line for Int:confused:11/7: Int Scheduled:confused:11/27: IL:confused:Int Date: 12/26 or later (due to holidays/ holiday backlog hitting the case processing)
Correct me if I am wrong.

SHOW OFF!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name check question!~

Testing and Interview

On September 21, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

-------------
I have the above status for my case when I check the online status. Does that mean, my name check has been cleared! Now my application is waiting for an interview to be scheduled? Is that right!

most probably
Testing and Interview

On September 21, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

-------------
I have the above status for my case when I check the online status. Does that mean, my name check has been cleared! Now my application is waiting for an interview to be scheduled? Is that right!

I received surprise call from DHS on Saturday 10/27 morning. It was in response to an email that I sent around 3rd week of August that my receipt number does not appear on the case status system. She was kind enough to tell me the status. She said they received A file last week and I could be soon put into the line may a week or 2.

When I asked her to guess when I could be interviewed, she said it was against policy as the projection could go wrong.

My status still shows as initial review but nice to know that something is going on behind and it is not abandoned.

Now my only worry is they dont schedule it when I am in my India trip.. nov 18 to dec 13... but it is what it is and waiting is the name of the game...

Noooo. I was totally kidding!! I even inserted the "kidding" at the end for good measure. I know we're well within the time limits. Was just trying (failing, apparently) to insert some humor. But thank you for the kind and thoughtful response.

On a more serious note, I AM now COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT. I'm on hold with uscis because I received a notice today (not an interview notice) that said I needed to bring in additional docs: (1) driver's license [ok] and (2) that I indicated that I had been arrested in my application and I needed to bring in copies of disposition, etc. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED!! Not even for a nano-second, teensy bit, expunged, no-record arrest. NEVER. I have no idea what that is about. Has anyone here received something parallel? I called USCIS immediately and the man I spoke to suggested I speak to a supervisor and that's where I'm on hold right now (20 minutes and counting). The *only* thing I can possibly imagine is that I disclosed my speeding tickets but none were for anything remotely coming to an arrest and all were for amounts less than $250. Except for the speeding ticket that I received this year, all 3 others occurred between 2002-2005 so I have no records of those (but again, no arrests involved).

HELP! Any insight will be truly appreciated. I'm going to go google this and see whether someone else has posted about something similar.

Don't worry too much and don't be too much emotional about all this, after all it is literally a test of our patience (every time you seek an immigration benefit from USCIS). Since there are so many candidates and your application has to jump so many hurdles, so it takes time.

Frequenting this forum too often or staying logged in all the time increases your anxiety to unexpected levels, so maintain your calm and get occupied in your daily routine, keeping the fact in back of the mind that your N-400 is being processed normally and there is nothing that can be done to expedite it, unless it surpasses 180 day mark at each step.

Ok, I found a thread from earlier this year that would suggest it's just a computer-generated form. Still though, the person I spoke with was truly surprised about this so it doesn't seem like it.
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...cd-showing-arrest-!!!&highlight=arrest+notice

And I'm still on hold with them :mad:
Now my concern is about providing documentation for the super old traffic tickets that I just cannot imagine getting a hold of. I don't even remember what county they were in and only vaguely remember dates and states (one in MA, one in NJ and one in TX). The only one I can present documents about is the one from this year that is still pending (am contesting it and have a court date in January).
The relevant language is:
"NOTE: Unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related or serious personal injury to another person occurred. you do not
need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest If the only penalty was a fine of
less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license."

So what gives? So confused.

___
UPDATE: I finally spoke to a very helpful supervisor who confirmed it's just a computer-generated letter (meant to freak people out is not what she said but is what I assume :p) and that I just need to show up with my ID and explain to the interviewing officer that my application does not state I was ever arrested and all should be fine. I did ask her about the speeding tickets and she said that I should also explain that to the interviewing officer. She also said that it would be up to his/her discretion about me not having documents on those and I said to her "you say it's up to his discretion but I understand that (and I read the relevant language about DUI, less than $500, etc.) then I don't really have to present any documentation so it may be up to his discretion but in reality it isn't, right? And she agreed with me and said that I should be fine at my interview.
She also confirmed that I was in line for interview scheduling and that I'd be getting an interview letter very soon (she emphasized the VERY).