2011 Aug. N-400 Tracker

Today Online Status changed to Testing and Interview
Do you guys now how long it will take to get interviewed my local office is Newark NJ\

Hi,
Just want to check, when you are eligible for Applying for Citizenship. I got my GC in Jul 2007. I see you got yours in Nov 2007, so can I also apply for Citizenship at this time or should I wait?
Thanks.

Based on your signature, it looks like your green card was received through an employment-based petition. That means you can apply 90 days before the 5-year anniversary of your permanent resident status. Given that your green card was approved on 7/12/2007, you will be eligible to apply after April 15, 2012 (usually best to wait until 85 days or so before your 5-year anniversary) ... of course, you will need to meet the requirements of continuous residence and other eligibility requirements for naturalization. Good luck!

GC: 10/3/2007
8/13/11 N400 mailed
8/15/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/18/11 Check cashed
8/26/11 FP letter mailed
9/15/11 FP Appointment
9/x/11 XXXXXX
10/x/11 YL received
10/x/11 IL received
10/x/11 Interview (Baltimore,MD)
10/x/11 Oath Ceremony
Oath

FIrst NOA received

On Monday I received my first NOA....now waiting for the FP appointment letter.

8/17/11 N400 via Certified - Priority Mail
8/22/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/25/11 Check cashed
8/29/11 NOA 1 recieved
x/x/11 FP letter mailed
x/x/11 FP Appointment
x/x/11 YL received
x/x/11 IL received
x/x/11 Interview
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony

This Struggle started again with USCIS. Mail reached for N400 on 22 Aug until today they didn't cash the check nor sent any emails.

Did they ask you for a reason why you are there early?

No..Office was literally empty..I told them upfront that I am in this city due to work, and I might not make it at Virginia on my appointment date..They did let me do the fp..

Still haven't received my FP appointment ... wondering why it's taking so long. Previously I've gotten the FP appointment within 10 days of filing any paperwork. I know I'm still within the 30 day window so I'll wait until next week before I try to figure out what's going on!

Finally received an email on 9/2 saying that the FP notice had been mailed! I actually called them on 9/1 to see what was going on but the rep I spoke with said that I was still within the 30-day window (my app was received by the USCIS on 8/2) - I'm not sure if my call triggered the fingerprinting notice or not but I'm glad that things seem to be moving again!

Finally received an email on 9/2 saying that the FP notice had been mailed! I actually called them on 9/1 to see what was going on but the rep I spoke with said that I was still within the 30-day window (my app was received by the USCIS on 8/2) - I'm not sure if my call triggered the fingerprinting notice or not but I'm glad that things seem to be moving again!

I am waiting on my FP notice also. @HudsonValley, any luck on your end? Does hurricane IRENE have anything to do with the delay???? :(

I am waiting on my FP notice also. @HudsonValley, any luck on your end? Does hurricane IRENE have anything to do with the delay???? :(

Nope, no luck. Called them today about opening a service request and was told they are still within 30 days time frame. Will be calling tomorrow again.
The way they operate they seem to have a permanent catgory 4 hurricane blowing around. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the actual fingerprinting notice yesterday (9/8) - it is set for 9/26 - which will be 7 weeks since my priority date - I plan on trying to do early fingerprinting and hope that the interview is scheduled before 10/31 (planning on leaving for an overseas trip then!)

Hudsonvalley and Navz - hope you get your FP notice soon.

My application was refused based 90 days, I Applied based on 90 business days. I have to apply again in this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to do early fingerprinting yesterday (9/9) but reached the USCIS office only around 3:10pm - the lady asked me to come back next week since they were short-staffed and I arrived late in the day! Will try to get the FP done on Monday.

I received the FP appointment notice yesterday. FP will be done on 10/3

8/17/11 N400 via Certified - Priority Mail
8/22/11 Delivered to the Dallas office
8/25/11 Check cashed
8/29/11 NOA 1 received
9/10/11 FP letter received
10/3/11 FP Appointment
x/x/11 YL received
x/x/11 IL received
x/x/11 Interview
x/x/11 Oath Ceremony