2010 March N-400 Tracker

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the late response. I was busy at work last couple of days.

I have completed by Interview at Fairfax, VA. Myself & my wife interview times were at 9.00 am on 09 Aug 2010. We were reached USCIS office at Fairfax at 8.40 AM. Completed all formalities by 8.55 AM. IO called my wife at 9.02 AM. She completed her interview at 9.15 am. Her application was approved, but she has to wait for Court process, due to name change option. It seems the IO was very good. IO asked 6 questions (same questions were asked for me also, see below), gone thru her application. IO asked my wife about my children names and thier date of birth. Thats it. IO told my wife that her application is approved and she needs to wait for Otah letter from court.

My interview:

My IO called at 9.10 AM. IO asked me to stand and give a oath. She asked me about G.C, Passport(s), DL. IO asked about my last trip out from US. IO checked my trip dates in my passport. Initially I had choosed the name change. I told to IO, that I want to opt out the name change option. IO said ok and delete the option. IO asked following questions from my application:

1. Do I still work for the last company that I mentioned in my application?
2. Do I have any assocaitions with any organizations?
3. How many children, do I have? Thier names.
3. Do I owe any taxes?
4. Do I support US on war?

6 questions:

1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. What is an amendment?
3. Who vetos bills?
4. What is the capital of your state?
5. What do we show loyalty to when we say the pledge of Alleginace?
6. Who dis the US fight in world war II?

Read: Where is the white house?
Write: The White House is in Washington DC.

Thats it. IO told me that I am passed and she recommends my application for approval. IO asked me, would like to attend today's 2.00 PM oath cermony? I said, Yes. Immediately she printed the oath letter and asked me to leave.

I came out from USCIS office by 9.25 am and reached home by 10.00 AM. I have again attended at USCIS office by 1.00 PM for oath. I went with my wife, two kids and three friends. Around 2.00 PM, the cermony started. End up my 2.45 PM. Registered the vote and out from USCIS by 3.15 PM and reached SSN office by 3.45PM and changed the status and out from SSN office by 4.00PM. Finally reached home by 4.30 PM.

Today I have applied Passport. Hope I will get it with in two weeks. Thanks to this great immigration forum and your help on my immigration process. Good luck on your Citizanship application. See on OCI forum soon.

Regards

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the late response. I was busy at work last couple of days.

I have completed by Interview at Fairfax, VA.
Today I have applied Passport. Hope I will get it with in two weeks. Thanks to this great immigration forum and your help on my immigration process. Good luck on your Citizanship application. See on OCI forum soon.

Regards

Congrats GCNSC2004 !!!

Thanks kannan_ram. I've collected more documents to send to the IO, and I will fax them tomorrow. I hope they help. I might even retain a lawyer.

Congratulations to all of you. It looks like I'll be the only one left of the March applicants. I have faxed the additional documents requested to the DO. I also sent them by post in case some of the fax copies are difficult to read. Let's see what happens. I might still get a lawyer, but I haven't decided yet. Some are saying it's a waste of money at this stage and that I should wait until I am either approved or denied. A minority think it would be helpful. Oh well.

Congratulations to all of you. It looks like I'll be the only one left of the March applicants. I have faxed the additional documents requested to the DO. I also sent them by post in case some of the fax copies are difficult to read. Let's see what happens. I might still get a lawyer, but I haven't decided yet. Some are saying it's a waste of money at this stage and that I should wait until I am either approved or denied. A minority think it would be helpful. Oh well.

Hang in there buddy, it will be alright

Hang in there Canfeconleche. It will all be good at the end.

I will continue coming to this site until I can post: congratulations, cafeconleche!

Quick one guys, are we supposed to send original Naturalization certificate for Passport application or just the copy?

Hi All,

Great News!

My wife received the Fairfax VA Court oath letter (for Name change) with in 13 days after the Interview Date & application was approved. Today we received it. Oath date is 16 Sep 2010. This really a surprising to me, becuase Fairfax-VA applicants had so many issues.

Good luck to every body.

Thanks,

No update. I've called once every 2 weeks but no movement. I sent requests to my senators yesterday, so maybe their inquiries will move things a little?