2010 January N-400 Tracker

Today was the big day:
My interview was scheduled for 8am, got actually called in by ~8:20, sooner than I thought. IO was professional, friendly but not overly talkative (neither was I, as some nervousness did set in after all). He got me started by putting me under oath and asked for old and current passports, GC and DL. He then straight dove into going through my N400 application, line by line. That completed, he started me on the English writing and reading test, saving the history/civics test for last.
I passed, it's over! He congratulated me, asked me to sign my application and to fill out the N445 (the oath letter questionnaire) while handing me a blue photocopy with the oath ceremony appointment for 12:00pm, same day! We learnt that there was a second ceremony planned for 2pm, Tuesdays seem to be a busy day in the Seattle DO.

Was back in the waiting area by ~8:35, so my wife and I left the DO to kill the time until the 12:00 checkin time for the oath (and in turn pay the $7 pay parking fee a second time, no in-out privileges...).

Ceremony started at 12:45pm, with 64 fellow candidates. That audience gets the auditorium close to full. Ceremony started with explanation of citizenship logistics and FAQs, playing the hymn, a showing of "Faces of America" video and a speech by a field office director. By 13:12, we all spoke our oath, converting us to spanking brand new US citizens! To close out, we heard the President's video address, and then: hand out of the coveted naturalization certificates.

It's over! I don't think it hasn't fully set in yet, but it does feel good :) Next steps: passport (I'll order book&card since we live close to Canada), SSA (I still have my card with the INS restrictions), register to vote.
Also, my wife's permit to preserve her native German citizenship has finally arrived, so now it's time to get her application rolling. I hope the Seattle DO keeps with its fast processing track record.

Good luck to my fellow global mates on this journey!

Congratulations: I was looking forward to hearing from you....and your experience feels good...........

amirrauf - Thats awesome! I guess one more step and you are done. I am still waiting for my Oath letter. Hoping to receive it soon.

I also received an oath letter during my business trip. The letter was issued on April 21st. So it has been sitting in my mailbox for a while. My oath is set on Friday, May 14, 2010.

I did received my oath letter on 4/30 and its scheduled for 5/25 in Austin only.

Does anyone know whether suit is required or not for oath ceremony? I am planning on putting formal clothes (slacks, shirt and tie).

(Posted this in the Main Forum but no replies thus far)

Early Walk-in for Fingerprinting at San Jose ASC:

Need to find out if San Jose - ASC accepts walk-ins for fingerprinting? Has anybody tried this out and any suggestions about the time of the day, etc.

My appointment is 3 weeks from now and I was contemplating of doing an early walk-in. Unfortunately, I can only do it on Friday or Saturday. Is a particular time or day better?

Kindly share your experiences and recommendations.

Any latest interiview and Oath at Washington DO recently? My wife will have interview on Wednesday 5/13 and trying to see she can do the oath the same day.

Update TL below.

35 3/1/2010 YL mailed
38 3/4/2010 YL received
38 3/4/2010 RFE Status updated at USCIS.GOV
38 3/4/2010 RFE Mailed
40 3/6/2010 RFE Received
60 3/26/2010 FP Appointment

Update TL:
5/12/2010 Interview + received oath letter
5/19/2010 Oath -> US Citizen.