2010 February N-400 Tracker

I received my yellow letter today (no LUD or status change in the online status). The YL says "you indicated in your application that you have been arrested.... bring originals or certified copies of arrest records".

Now I have not been arrested at all. I answered yes to q#16 (have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by a law enforcement official for any reason). Since I had a speeding ticket back in 2002 in CT (paid about $200), I considered myself cited. (I mentioned this speeding ticket as the only item reported on the application)

I have certified copies of my MA driving history (10 years - no incidents) and the record from CT's DMV. But CT's history does not show any record of my speeding ticket. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my yellow letter today (no LUD or status change in the online status). The YL says "you indicated in your application that you have been arrested.... bring originals or certified copies of arrest records".

Now I have not been arrested at all. I answered yes to q#16 (have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by a law enforcement official for any reason). Since I had a speeding ticket back in 2002 in CT (paid about $200), I considered myself cited. (I mentioned this speeding ticket as the only item reported on the application)

I have certified copies of my MA driving history (10 years - no incidents) and the record from CT's DMV. But CT's history does not show any record of my speeding ticket. Any suggestions?
This is just the standard template language since you answered (correctly) yes to have been cited. Bring your driving records to the interview.

BTW: got my interview letter today: 04/20/2010, which also coincides with my 5yr GC anniversary. Interestingly, no YL yet. Not that I expect or need one.

This is just the standard template language since you answered (correctly) yes to have been cited. Bring your driving records to the interview.

BTW: got my interview letter today: 04/20/2010, which also coincides with my 5yr GC anniversary. Interestingly, no YL yet. Not that I expect or need one.

hi david,

What was ur answer to the question # 16 ? as not every candidate gets a YL, there is no reason to anticipate its delivery. you might as well get the IL :)
good luck.... am expecting my YL, hopefully would get it next week.

b/n my answer to Q16 was 'N0' but i have had speeding tickets, i didnt want to bring it up as an arrest or citation.

Hello Everybody
I'm new here and here is my timeline :

February 01, 2010 Filed N-400 Citizenship.
February 08, 2010 Check Cashed.
February 10, 2010 NOA.
February 17, 2010 RFE Email.
February 22, 2010 Biometric Letter Received.
March 03, 2010 Biometric done.
March 13, 2010 Yellow Letter Received.

got yellow paper that have to keep and bring to INS

Did you receive txt/email or direct USPS mail?

Got got yellow paper that have to keep and bring to INS with passport upon request
The Case Status has been the same from Feb 12 - Initial Review.
Not sure why the status isn't moving? :confused:

However, this isn't for me, but for my Mom and she doesn't need FP.

Walk in FP charlotte office completed.. updated signature.. no issue at all.. Front desk they simply asked for GC and checked the A number and we are done in 10 min time..

Was that before sending N-400? How long that process took?

Was there any special reason why you didn't do it as part of citizenship process?

Yes.It was before mailing the N-400.The process took three weeks.I heard if I do it as part of Citizenship process it might take a couple of months.

Great to hear some new updates including the interview letter. Good luck to the interviews!! It looks like NYC is trailing.

Interview scheduled for me and my wife. She has received YL already to bring Driving license. I am waiting for mine.