• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2007 Experience CP in Jordan

AmmGC

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I wanted to share my 2007 DV-lottery experience. I am an F-1 visa student from Jordan. I recieved my NL from KCC in late April 2006. case Number AS0006xx. I had a hard time deciding whether to do AOS or CP.. i finally decided to do CP because i realized it would be much faster that way. I filled out the forms and sent them to KCC

I went back home in May (well, i was going there anyway) and i prepared all the documents that they asked for. (police certificate, birth certificate, high school degree, I even did the medical check).
In August i recieved the second notification letter, with an interview date in Jordan in the begining of October. since i had al my documents ready, i went to jordan just 4 days ahead of the interview.
At the day of the interview, i went to the embassy, they had my name at the door. at the first window i was asked about all my documents, they took my medical check, birth certificate, my masters degree (from US), and police certificate. they also took my affidavit of support (I got it from a relative living in the US). then i had to wait.
I was called to the second window where i paid $755 and had to wait again.
Then i was called for the interview. The consular employee was very nice, she asked about my education. then asked about the person giving me the affidavit of support, everything was ok. the only thing missing was the picture ID of the person who gave me the support letter. So, i had to go back and get it.

The next day, i got it, so, i mailed it with my passport to the embassy. 10 days latter i recieved my passport with the immigrant Visa, and the brown envolope. two days later i was on a plane coming to the US (new york).
Upon entry, i had to go to the non-US citizen line, where i was taken to another room. they opened the envolope and checked the documents. after about an hour, i had my finger prints taken. and i was told i will hear from them within few weeks.

two weeks later, i recieved a welcome notice from USCIS. and one week after that (TODAY!) i recieved my green card !

I wish my experience will give hope to all those who are still waiting for their applications. I know how nervous you get waiting for everything to be over ! I always thought something will go wrong,, but everything went smoothly .. It was pretty fast (its 11/06/06) and i got my 2007 DV green card !

I will be happy to answer any questions to the best of my limited knowledge.

Good luck all ..

Hi
I am DV2007 asx5xxx from jordan too. I am in USA in F1 visa doing my PHD i am working inside my univ and i got a letter from them about my yearly salary. I want to ask what kind of questions they asked u during the interview and if you have any recomendation.
Thanks and Mabrook

Consular inquiries about your stay here in US.

Ahh! Finally a F-1 visa holder DV interview experience. I have lot of questions regarding DV immigrant visa consular processing for those who have been in US with F-1 visa previously. I will email you shortly.

iaaa99 said:
Hi
I am DV2007 asx5xxx from jordan too. I am in USA in F1 visa doing my PHD i am working inside my univ and i got a letter from them about my yearly salary. I want to ask what kind of questions they asked u during the interview and if you have any recomendation.
Thanks and Mabrook

Hello and Mabrook

I am a PHD student too, I took a letter from my department, but they didnt take it, they said that the affidavit of support is good enough. She told me if they want to accept the letter from the department she will ned my tax return documents and i did not have them. I think you should just get a good affidavit of support

Good luck

AmmGC said:
Hello and Mabrook

I am a PHD student too, I took a letter from my department, but they didnt take it, they said that the affidavit of support is good enough. She told me if they want to accept the letter from the department she will ned my tax return documents and i did not have them. I think you should just get a good affidavit of support

Good luck
Hi
I donot know any body here to give me good affidavit support. I have a letter from the department and all my return tax and some good amount in saving account. I hope these will be enough.

iaaa99 said:
Hi
I donot know any body here to give me good affidavit support. I have a letter from the department and all my return tax and some good amount in saving account. I hope these will be enough.

They should be enough, just make sure you have all the papers. I advise you to try to find someone to give you an affidavit of support just to be safe..

Good luck !

hi

Dear i am DV winner . case number AS6××× . I will do my interview in Ammn , so i will be very gretfull in u spport me with your informatin
espacly the brother whom he get his GR from jordan
I am still waitting to secand letter.

zakar,

my case number is also AS00006xxx. I think we will have to wait till end of maril-may 2007.

Udi

Thanks alot i wish that u will do it. by the way I am from iraq u from where , our interview depend on cut - off number , if it big in JAN may be we will do our interview befor MAY
and that s my wishes
GOD LUCK :)

Ammngc

Congratulation for your Successful CP!
relly I need your help and I will be very gratful if u give me your E-mail so i can wirte to u in arabic
there alot of things that i can not explen it in Engiish

zakaryhassan said:
Congratulation for your Successful CP!
relly I need your help and I will be very gratful if u give me your E-mail so i can wirte to u in arabic
there alot of things that i can not explen it in Engiish

Hi,
you can click on my name and send me an email message from there. i will be happy to answer you questions.

Congratulations AmmGC on your sucessful CP processing. I am also a winner of DV 2007. I will be going to my homecountry to do CP processing sometime in march-april (hopefully my number will be current by then and I will get second letter on time)

BUT I have a problem that has been stressing me out. Currently I am in US under F-1 status. I have been student ever since I came here in US 7 years ago. I have never been out of status. But I have worked without authorization and filed tax for it. I wonder if that will create problem in consular processing.

Has anybody who has worked without Authorization and done successful CP? Please let me know if you have. That will be a great relief.

Thanks in advance.

i need help

just i want to ask what is meaning pc?
must be the affidavit of support from USA or can be aout of USA?
can be your father who is not citizen of USA sponsor or not?

Deserve a Look ..

Well .. my stroy differs to all .. i used to be lucky guy, yes thats true, then i got the DV 2007, and i gave a try once at the night (dec 2005) and it was the last day for posting to DV 2007, i was graduating for uni, later i forgot the whole issue, i went to a nearby country to work and guess what, i won the visa and they sent me the papers n forms on june 19 ... i never checked ma mail till ma bro did last week .. he called like crazy telling me, i ve happy n sad in the same time, it happened but um late? i called a guy in amman to tell him my story and i managed all papers in super 3 days and by tomorrow they must be DHLed to KCC, um nervous and i dont wana think about it. let it be the way it came first, if my luck is shiny then matters will run ay ease .. good luck for all ... hope to see you in the states ...

i need help

hi everyone , my name is martins . i am a winner of dv 2007 and i need help with affidavit of support. i have gone for the interview and passed the medicals. the only thing i have not got is the affidavit of support.

AmmGc

hi
I still watting to u replay to my e-mail
Dear pls what is the contain of the second letter
and i read that the Egyption do not need the affidavit of spport
di u thing that it is important to me if you know that i am teacher in university, I will be very greatful for u reply