2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

you will get a receipt number for each of the filing i.e I 140, I 1485, AP( if applied for), EAD ( if applied for). Each of them is a unique number.

wheremylc said:
I have a question. Is the receipt number for I140 and 485 the same for concurrent filing?

w8in4gc said:
Gurus,

I've question about finger printing. I've applied for 485 and 140 and I'm planning to go out of country for 3 weeks. My question is, If I happen to receive a finger printing notice (which will ask applicant to get it done in 15 days) and If I'm not the country then:
1> what happens when I’m not in states when the notice is issued? i.e. Do I've to be in the country when such notice is issued?
2> If I'm not in the country for the period allowed for the finger printing?

Has anybody gone through such experience? Any thoughts?

Thanks
When you receive the notice for fingerprinting, in that notice itself it mentions that you can reschedule your appointment in case you are not able to go. So what you can do is to reschedule your appointment.

As far as I know I don’t think you have to be in the country when such a notice is issued, but just check with your lawyer

Guys correct me if I am wrong.

GCVaruma.

let me state clearly....

foret1,

Let me state clearly again...

1. The current policy of USCIS is one may be able to file 140 and 485 (of course after labor approval) if PD is current OR can file only 140 and wait for PD to be current for filing 485.

In this scenario the 485 filing is restricted at filing stage itself even though the visa number is actually needed only at the time of approval and mere filing won't change the visa numbers usage.

2. In the new proposal the senate is proposing that one can file 140 and 485 irrespective of PD (whether current or not) but the approvals take place based on the PD (in visa bulletin)

But as I stated earlier one can get all the benefits of GC (EAD/AP) while waiting for 485 approval.

say someone gets LC approval through PERM with PD 2005 and he can file 140/485 immediately if the new proposal becomes law. Since the PD is not current, he/she may have to wait 4 or 5 years for 485 approval.

When I meant our friends at BEC is, once they get their labor approved and this proposal passed into law then they don't have to wait for filing 485.

yes..it is probably shock to many of the folks here as we waited so long but happy for people from now onwards who can file 485 irrespective of cut-off dates.

anyway the retrogression and PD cut-off dates will remain but they are applicable for 485 approvals..

hope this helps...
MD2001

foret1 said:
yes, i understand what you are explaining below. but i still don't understand how people at BEC can file for 485 if visas are not available for their PDs???

myself, i would be VERY happy if i could get EAD and AP! especially EAD for my spouse. then i wouldn't mind waiting for the green card...

so although i have gc and 140, will people still left at BEC be able to apply for 485 and get EAD/AP before me??? am i perhaps understanding this wrong?

don't get me wrong though: if this is true, then good for BEC folks. i just want to understand.

oh boy, how ironic!! given how hard i prayed to get out of BEC, it's funny if i now have to regert that my paryer came true and wish that i was still stuck at BEC so that i could get EAD! that would be really funny!

if that provision is approved, the folks at BEC with older PD, get their GC before

the PERM filers, which of course is in right prespective and looks like the whole idea behind retrogression, so that the current PERM filers don't get undue advantage..
MD2001 said:
foret1,

1. The current policy of USCIS is one may be able to file 140 and 485 (of course after labor approval) if PD is current OR can file only 140 and wait for PD to be current for filing 485.

In this scenario the 485 filing is restricted at filing stage itself even though the visa number is actually needed only at the time of approval and mere filing won't change the visa numbers usage.

2. In the new proposal the senate is proposing that one can file 140 and 485 irrespective of PD (whether current or not) but the approvals take place based on the PD (in visa bulletin)

But as I stated earlier one can get all the benefits of GC (EAD/AP) while waiting for 485 approval.

say someone gets LC approval through PERM with PD 2005 and he can file 140/485 immediately if the new proposal becomes law. Since the PD is not current, he/she may have to wait 4 or 5 years for 485 approval.

When I meant our friends at BEC is, once they get their labor approved and this proposal passed into law then they don't have to wait for filing 485.

yes..it is probably shock to many of the folks here as we waited so long but happy for people from now onwards who can file 485 irrespective of cut-off dates.

anyway the retrogression and PD cut-off dates will remain but they are applicable for 485 approvals..

hope this helps...
MD2001

Received receipt notices...

Guys,

I just received a mail from my lawyer that they have received the receipt notices for my filing received by VSC on Sept 29th. I haven't seen the notices physically, so will update the NDs in couple of days.

So this should give some information for people who filed in last days of Sept and waiting for receipts.

- MD2001

I140 Lud

I filled my I140/485 in May 2005. my layer substituted approved labot/I140.

After long time I noticed LUD on the previously approved I140 (9/29, 10/21, 10/24) but no changes in my I140. I heared that if you get more LUD means that you will be getting REF. Since there are several LUD's on the approved I140 i feel they may sent RFE? Any one have any idea?
Thanks

Category on 140

wheremylc said:
I got my I140 approval notice today. But I have not received the receipt notice for my 485. My I140/485 applications reached VSC on 9/30/2005. I do not know how the I140 got approved with no receipt for I485.
I am really waiting to get my receipt to apply for the EAD/AP.

wheremylc,

Can you please let us know which category was used for filing your 140. What I mean is, in 140 petition in Part 2 there are several categories listed (extraordinary ability, prof, researcher etc).

Thanks

jaamra said:
Did any get their I-140 approved where the labor is from PERM process meaning the PD is in 2005? I've seen some fast I-140 approvals in 2005 but their PD was back in 2001-2003. Did any one get any LUDs on their I-140 filings?

Hi jaamra,

Did you see any 140 approvals for PERM'er?

Finally I have received the email today. It took exact 6 months to get the i-140 approved. I am in EB-2 category. What's next?

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EAC0********

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 25, 2005, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

mb1 said:
Finally I have received the email today. It took exact 6 months to get the i-140 approved. I am in EB-2 category. What's next?

Current Status:

Congrats mb1.. all the best in your next steps..

GCVaruma.

Congrats

mb1 said:

Current Status:

Congrats! Happy news after 6 months. Since Mine filled in may 2005 and ther's no LUD on my case, i am little bit happy that things are going good.

smuthu said:
I filled my I140/485 in May 2005. my layer substituted approved labot/I140.

After long time I noticed LUD on the previously approved I140 (9/29, 10/21, 10/24) but no changes in my I140. I heared that if you get more LUD means that you will be getting REF. Since there are several LUD's on the approved I140 i feel they may sent RFE? Any one have any idea?
Thanks

smuthu

Waht is ur RD ? eb2 or eb 3 ?

AC21 rule

Freinds

Need some suggestion about the AC21 rule.
From various posting I understand that one can take advantage of AC21 rule after 6 months and 140 approval.

1) Is the 6 months counted after 140 approval date or it is from the receipt date of 140/485(filed concurrently )

2) If someone gets a sub labor and 140/485 is filed by the company as future employee for the individual. After getting EAD the individual joins the company say after 2/3 months of the receipt date.
Does the AC21 still stand applicable for the individual if his
140 gets approved.

If yes then the 6 months period is counted from the receipt
date of 140/485 or the joining date with the company.

Any answers will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

MD2001 said:
foret1,

The visa number is required only at the time of 485 approval and filing merely won't change the waiting time.

but the biggest benefit (for beneficiaries) is one may be able to get EAD/AP and AC21 portability and may escape from a greedy employer who takes advantage of alien's status after 6 months and 140 approval.

on the other side uscis have more work regarding EAD/AP extension for years, but they will get more money.

that said these proposals are passed through judiciary committee but have to pass through senate also.

- MD2001

Congrats mb1...

Congrats mb1...

mb1 said:

Current Status:

Congratulations! You certainly had one of th elongest wait times here, as to what I have seen uptil now

mb1 said:

Current Status:

how many days it will take to get 140 receipt number

guys,
how many days it will take to get 140 receipt notice once we file.
can anyone please let me know

mb1 said:

Current Status:

Congrats.

I have been waiting for the last 5 months. My 140 recd date is Jun 1, 2005. Waiting eagarly....Good that USCIS it touching the april 2005 cases now. So we are in line now.

Thanks
sree2005

thanks much for clarifying MD2001!

sounds like then i would be able to apply for 485 if this becomes a law, and at least get EAD and AP :)

MD2001 said:
foret1,

hope this helps...
MD2001