2005 Concurrent filers - Discuss here

Hi H1B2ndterm
Could you please tell me ur officer code.
I have responded to my RFE(experience evaluation) on Jan 18th.
Just trying to get an estimate of the I140 approval time.
Any idea how long it takes to for approval..does it depend on the officer too?
Thanks
Pinkie

PD Mar 2003
I140,I485 filed: June 22nd 2005
EAD,AP :Aug 28th 2005.
RFE I140: 12/12/2005
RFE responded:Jan 18th 2005.
RFE approval ????

To Pinkie

Sorry Pinkie, Unfortunately Id on't have much details about my I140 in regards to who the officer was and such. It took over a month for my approval fromt he time NSC recieved the Experience/Education Evaluation. But again it was Xmas holidays. So probably it should be much less than that. I am sure the time peroid do depends on officer( atleast to my understanding from this forum). But I think you will get your approval very soon. Good luck.

pinkie123 said:
Hi H1B2ndterm
Could you please tell me ur officer code.
I have responded to my RFE(experience evaluation) on Jan 18th.
Just trying to get an estimate of the I140 approval time.
Any idea how long it takes to for approval..does it depend on the officer too?
Thanks
Pinkie

PD Mar 2003
I140,I485 filed: June 22nd 2005
EAD,AP :Aug 28th 2005.
RFE I140: 12/12/2005
RFE responded:Jan 18th 2005.
RFE approval ????

h1b2ndterm,
I called USCIS customer service last week (18th Jan) but the rep. could not tell when the FP notice would be generated or anything usefyl for that matter other than repeating what is available online. However, the FP notice was mysteriously generated the same day I called (I checked the date on the notice I got last night). I do not know if my call helped but it is something to think about....

Thanks Kn12_2000

By any chance do you remember which options and also can you give me the phone number you called.

Thanks.

kn12_2000 said:
h1b2ndterm,
I called USCIS customer service last week (18th Jan) but the rep. could not tell when the FP notice would be generated or anything usefyl for that matter other than repeating what is available online. However, the FP notice was mysteriously generated the same day I called (I checked the date on the notice I got last night). I do not know if my call helped but it is something to think about....

h1b2ndterm,
I called the number on the receipt (you probably will find it online too on the USCIS case status website). After listening to the status, I chose the option "case outside processing time" and that let me speak to a rep. I read on a different forum that the generation of the receipt depends on the backlog of fingerprinting at your local office. Dunno if it is true. Good luck!

Need Help!

We got RFE on my I140(NIW) and replied back on Jan 20 2006, after that my LUD was changes on Jan 20,23,24 and after that there is no change in LUD.

Is it normal or something fishy? Also I read some where that usually USICS does name check on I140, is it safe to assume that i might be stuck there..

I am really nervous and in insight thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance. :confused:

FP/Biometric Information on I485 Receipt notice

After several( almost 20 emails and few phone calls) my attorney finally sent me the I485 notice this evening. In addition to the normal stuff the receipt notice also has

If This is receipt of I90, I485 or I698 application Biometric ( fingure Print, Photo, Signature )
The next step is to have your biometrics taken at a uscis appliation support center. Call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to schedule your appointment. We cannot complete complete certain steps in processing until you appear for this appointment.​

I called the USCIS and got an appointment on Monday 1/30. Lets see how it goes. Anyone else had same experience?

Update: 1/30 - Completed Biometrics(COde 2) for me, and Fingure printing and Biometric(COde 3) for spouse.

Which will( code 2 or code 3) initiate name check process?

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 RFEs for both of us

RFEs have been sent yesterday per the email received. I hope to know more about it by the end of the week. Wonder what it is about as both of us have got it.....

RFE details

The RFE was for the following:
Copy of I-94
Copy of passport page with the entry stamp
Copy of Bio pages from passport

The lawyer received the RFE. This info was provided when the application was filed. Maybe the officer needed a better copy. At least, someone is looking at the application!

kn12_2000

I-485 approved

Our I-485 petitions were approved today - received emails (4 each). Refer signature for case details.

kn12_2000