2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

gc_vsc said:
Just wanted to share my information. My EAD and AP is expiring in Aug 2005, I appled for renewal in March 2005 and got approved in May 2005. But they did not renew it from the date it is expiring , but from the date it was approved. Lost 3 months.

Hi gc_vsc,

thanks for the info.

My ead is expiring oct 2005. How early do you think it is wise for me to E-file for renewal of EAD.

If i e-file do i need to send any supporting documents to VSC ? ( Ex: Photos,485 photocopy etc..)

Thanks -Rajesh

two 140 based on one labor certificate,any one?

I am new here.

I got labor certificate RIR approved in April, 2004.
Then my lawer filed 140 EB3/485 in May 22, 2004 at vermont center.
In Nov. 2004 got 140 approved, however at the same time, lawer found that he should file 140 under EB2 instand of EB3. Soon, on Nov. 2004 he filed the second 140 to substitue EB3.
Done FP on April 7th, 2005. Now the second 140 and 485 both pending. My lawer told me my 485 would not be approved based on EB3, and I have to wait for the second 140 to be approved.
Does anyone has similar experience? Will I see the second 140 to be approved soon?

Thanks for your attention

certi_mgh said:
I am new here.

I got labor certificate RIR approved in April, 2004.
Then my lawer filed 140 EB3/485 in May 22, 2004 at vermont center.
In Nov. 2004 got 140 approved, however at the same time, lawer found that he should file 140 under EB2 instand of EB3. Soon, on Nov. 2004 he filed the second 140 to substitue EB3.
Done FP on April 7th, 2005. Now the second 140 and 485 both pending. My lawer told me my 485 would not be approved based on EB3, and I have to wait for the second 140 to be approved.
Does anyone has similar experience? Will I see the second 140 to be approved soon?

Thanks for your attention

I can't predict how soon your second I-140 is going to be approved, but based on my experience I can tell u that it is most certainly possible.

I have recently filed my dependant's 485 - after my I-140s' has been approved. Noticed a LUD on the EB2's I-140 which tells me that if you have both EB2 and EB3 I-140, they are going to use the better (privileged) one.

Cheers

EricS said:
You do not need to wait till May 30th 2005. The current 485 published processing date at VSC is June 3rd 2004. Your ND is April 30th 2004. Your ND + 30 Days is May 30th 2004. VSC is processing June 3rd 2004. So it is already 30 days past your ND. You can ( I will say should) call now.

Eric,

What number should I call, Can I call directly or I need to ask my lawyer? What should I ask the representative for ?

Please let me know

I finally applied for 2nd EAD and AP for both me and spouse. USCIS gets another 680$. Good business !!

As a matter of fact USCIS is a money making machine. All the money that comes in through USCIS goes to centralized account (may be DHS). Then each year DHS allocates some money to USCIS, irrespective of how much USCIS is actually making.

Lot of this money is used for hiring temporary workers. When the money is used up, they get rid of temporary workers and as a result case processing becomes very slow.

I wonder if the slowdown in past few days is related to budget? I hear that processing has slowed down in other centers too.

Hi mailgc2001,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Here are the details

EB3 PD : 9/10/2001
I140 ND : 6/16/2004
I485 ND : 6/16/2004
EAD AD : 7/28/2004
I140 AD : 9/30/2004
FP done (Code3) : 3/24/2005
FBI Send FP result back to USCIS : 3/24/2005
I485 LUDs : 3/24/2005, 4/9, 4/13/2005 (FP Received Msg), 4/22/2005

I485 AD : 5/16/2005

Passport stamping appt is in NYC for 6/2/05

Just received and email today saying ...."On May 19, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."....

msd_gc said:
Assur ... what do you mean by "being reviewed" ... can you be a little more specific WRT namecheck, RFE, ... any otherstuff. Howm many days left for next action. what is the pattern like ?

- masd_gc.
Guys:

Today evening ... I received the emails announcing the approval of I485 for me and my spouse. A very good day for me.

I guess my call to VSC yesterday worked !!

Great forum .. great people .. I am not going anywhere .... I will stick around till all are given GC in the 2004 tracker .... it helped me a lot - spent countless hours sorting the columns - trying to find a pattersn how USCIS works. Kept the immigrationportal server very busy.

- msd_gc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gcprocess2005 said:
Patnams,
I filed for 140 and 485 in dec. I havent applied for an ead/ap yet. My sixth year visa is expiring in dec.. Do you think I should apply for an ead right away or can i wait for some more time.. Need your suggestions.
Thanks,

No point in applying so early if you dont need to use the documents (AP and EAD). I would say wait till about 4 months before expiry date of H1, say till August 30 if your H1 expires Dec 31st.

msd_gc said:
Guys:

Today evening ... I received the emails announcing the approval of I485 for me and my spouse. A very good day for me.

Great forum .. great people .. I am not going anywhere .... I will stick around till all are given GC in the 2004

- msd_gc.

msd_gc,

You got a well deserved GC and Congratulations. I guess you went thro' lot of hardship. Nice to know that you will stick around forum to help others.

Thanks
Majestix

msd_gc said:
Guys:

- msd_gc.

Congrats msd_gc.. Thanks patnams for ur time.. Guys.. do not loose hopes.. Our day is not too far off!!

Son's card mailed

Hi all -

Today I received 2 emails that my son's card was mailed. So for those with children under 14 - it takes 10 to 15 days after the approval to get the card mailed.

This ends my saga - Thanks again to everyone in this forum..
I will stick around to see if I can help in any way.

Best of luck to all that are still waiting..
God Bless!

What were the magical words you asked the VSC representative? Could you let us know which options you selected dialing the Service center

msd_gc said:
Guys:

My journey was long ... started with landing in NJ in June 1999. Changed my employer within the first year. The days were good - joined one of the wealthiest Financial houses on Wall street. Applied for Labor after the first year or work. Those dicks from NJ Labor dept rejected after 3 years of waiting. Joining employer ended being a very bad decision. Had to search for a Subst LAbor - lot of searching and spending a lot of money resulted in applying from NJ (See my signature below) .. and today I am approved.

Great forum .. great people .. I am not going anywhere .... I will stick around till all are given GC in the 2004 tracker .... it helped me a lot - spent countless hours sorting the columns - trying to find a pattersn how USCIS works. Kept the immigrationportal server very busy.

- msd_gc.

Wow thats great. Congrats msd_gc. What number you dailed and what Qs you asked ?
msd_gc said:
Guys:

My journey was long ... started with landing in NJ in June 1999. Changed my employer within the first year. The days were good - joined one of the wealthiest Financial houses on Wall street. Applied for Labor after the first year or work. Those dicks from NJ Labor dept rejected after 3 years of waiting. Joining employer ended being a very bad decision. Had to search for a Subst LAbor - lot of searching and spending a lot of money resulted in applying from NJ (See my signature below) .. and today I am approved.

- msd_gc.

mailgc2001 said:
Congrats ever_fre. On which date you got the approval notice in mail ?

mailgc2001,

Approval date on the notice is 5/7/2005. I am not when they came into my mail box. But I picked them up this wednesday.

Gurus,
I am confused. I have to letter mailed by UCSIS. One says my I485 is approved and I should go and get my passport stamped.
Second one says USCIS is going to mail the card.

Now Should I get my passport stamped or just wait for the cards?

I have question for guys who got approvals?

What your approval notice says. How many did you get before you got the plastic cards?

Thanks,
ever_fre