2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

choudhary said:
Today i rec'd the EAD cards for me and my wife in mail, and their validity period is, yes 2 year(s). I think from now on, everyone will get EAD's valid for 2 years.

I hope to get the 485 approval before the 2 year(s) expire.
Perhaps due to the fact that your case may not be adjudicated as per FO memo - you got EAD of 2 years???

I think nemessis got EAD of 1.5 years or so too.

More data on the issue will definitely help. Folks please report if you get EAD of duration different than a year.

Question

Hello

Me and my wife got the EAD cards today. How to proceed from here for my wife? I assume she would need the SSN Number before she can I work... how to get that? please let me know how to proceed now...

Also me and my wife's AP got approved today. Please update the tracker. The receipt date was June 28, 2004

Thanks a bunch...

just one year

I applied in december 2003 and last week only got for one year from vermont center.

VAPALabor said:
Hello

Me and my wife got the EAD cards today. How to proceed from here for my wife? I assume she would need the SSN Number before she can I work... how to get that? please let me know how to proceed now...

Also me and my wife's AP got approved today. Please update the tracker. The receipt date was June 28, 2004

Thanks a bunch...

VAPLabor,

You can apply for your wife's SSN number at any local SSN office. Find out more about it at: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10002.html

ST.

Hi VAPLabor,

My wife recently got her SSN based on EAD, She went with her passport and EAD to SSN office. They took 5 weeks to issue her a SSn number. She joined job and fortunately before her first pay check she got her SSN.

Hope that helps.

Wait-to-GC

Hi folks,

I have a question. I got an RFE on my EAD and AP on 14th may and responded on 22nd June, But so far there is no update , not even saying they recieved response to RFE, Is anyone in the same situation and does this happen often. I called Service center and said wait for 60 days after responding to RFE, but how do I know they recieved it, I know they did becuase it was fed exed by our lawyer and they got it.

If someone could help.

Wait-to-GC

Jharkhandi said:
Perhaps due to the fact that your case may not be adjudicated as per FO memo - you got EAD of 2 years???

I think nemessis got EAD of 1.5 years or so too.

More data on the issue will definitely help. Folks please report if you get EAD of duration different than a year.

I partly agree with you, but then I see couple of my friends who are definitly eligible for FO memo getting 2 year(s) EAD. Infact one of them just got it with me (he is my neighbour). Also, what we can say about USCIS "thy are their ways".

BTW, JK, Just wanted to re-confirm with you too, that mere applying for the SSN for my wife will not mean her using the EAD. She is thinking of applying for her SSN and start working.

Thanks
Choudhary

wait-to-GC said:
Hi VAPLabor,

My wife recently got her SSN based on EAD, She went with her passport and EAD to SSN office. They took 5 weeks to issue her a SSn number. She joined job and fortunately before her first pay check she got her SSN.

Hope that helps.

Wait-to-GC

Wait-to-GC,
Did they ask your wife for a valid I-94 at the time of issuing SSN. I read it on their web site that they require a valid I-94 and do not accept receipt notices. Is that true? My wife's I-94 has expired and she has applied for extension of status.

SSN will get with EAD. No need of valid I-94 Even it expired does not
matter.
SSN will be issued on the basis of EAD.
I applied for my wife's SSN based on EAD and her I-94 expired. she got her SSN with in 10 days

choudhary said:
I partly agree with you, but then I see couple of my friends who are definitly eligible for FO memo getting 2 year(s) EAD. Infact one of them just got it with me (he is my neighbour). Also, what we can say about USCIS "thy are their ways".

BTW, JK, Just wanted to re-confirm with you too, that mere applying for the SSN for my wife will not mean her using the EAD. She is thinking of applying for her SSN and start working.

Thanks
Choudhary

I believe my case also qualifies the FO memo (case was filed after May 1, 2004 concurrently), but we recvd. EAD and AP for one year.

VAPALabor said:
Hello

Thanks a bunch...
Fill form SS-5 from www.ssa.gov website.
Take EAD card.
Take Passport.

Go to SSA office and apply for SSN.

choudhary said:

Thanks
Choudhary
You are right.

Tracker updated

Tracker updated with my I-140 approval !!

:D
Yes, my I-140 got approved today. I just received 2 emails from USCIS about the case status and the LUD on the USCIS website is 7/27/04, with the approval message.

No RFE, and the only time the LUD changed before today was when I changed my address.

So, I guess the FO memo has not been applied in my case !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jharkhandi said:
I like the authority. Keep it up. :)

Praba123,

The mesg should state 30-60 days or something like that. In any case I will suggest keep H1b as long as you can.

Thanks JK.

LC_Virginia said:
Tracker updated with my I-140 approval !!

:D
Yes, my I-140 got approved today. I just received 2 emails and the LUD is 7/27/04, with the approval message.

No RFE, and the only time the LUD changed before today was when I changed my address.

So, I guess the FO memo has not been applied in my case !!

Congrats LC_V, your EAD and AP was approved on the same day as mine, so I am hoping I will hear about my I-140 soon :)

ST.

Appreciate your work here in this tracker
don't know who take the responsibility for upcoming updates
congrats Buddy
Best of luck in 485