2 times for fingerprinting?

Dedo

Registered Users (C)
I received a letter last week giving me a date and time for my fingerprinting appt. Then 4 days later I receive another letter moving the appt to a later time on the same day. This later time is very bad for me because of work. What is the reason for this? Can I just show up at the original time and try my luck?

What would you do?

Anyone have this happen? Can I go at the original time and see what happens?

Thanks

No opinions? What if I showed up at the original time (earlier in the day)? They would likely process me, right? Thoughts?

i got my second fp letter after i did my biometrics. i went to ASC to get some info about my situation and they said that it's just the same letter, i don't have to give my fingerprints again.

you can show up before your scheduled time but it really depends on the office.

i got my second fp letter after i did my biometrics. i went to ASC to get some info about my situation and they said that it's just the same letter, i don't have to give my fingerprints again.

you can show up before your scheduled time but it really depends on the office.

eagle53 - Thanks. How did you do a walk-in FP? Do you have to schedule that somewhere?

just walk in to your application support center which states on your appointment letter and give your letter to the officer, if they don't say anything about your official date, you're good to take a seat and wait for your turn :)

just walk in to your application support center which states on your appointment letter and give your letter to the officer, if they don't say anything about your official date, you're good to take a seat and wait for your turn :)

In my case the original letter said 8AM and then a few days later another letter said same day at 3PM. I am going to be there at 8AM and I am sure they will take me in.

The line at 8 am might be longer than at 3 pm. People try to go early in the morning so they can get out of there in time to go to work.

The same thing just happened to me. I have 2 FP appointments at the same day but different time. One at 8 and another at 1. The 1 pm works for me. Can I just go for this ?

So I went ahead and did the morning time, and there were no issues. They processed us fairly quickly.

Now, how long does it take for the status online to change to "Testing and Interview"? Is it a matter of days, weeks, months? What triggers the next status?

Thanks

So I went ahead and did the morning time, and there were no issues. They processed us fairly quickly.

Now, how long does it take for the status online to change to "Testing and Interview"? Is it a matter of days, weeks, months? What triggers the next status?

Thanks

Sometimes it is a few days, sometimes it is more than a month. I have been waiting for 10 days now, status is still at "Initial Review".