2 Questions on my I-130 petition...please help

andreamate

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am filling out my I-130 petition for my husband, who is an Australian citizen. I have 2 questions:

1) On 19. Your relative's address abroad - my husband does not have an address in Australia..he hasn't lived there for 9 years. Do I list a family member's address? Or is it okay to enter 'None'

2) 22. Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status

Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanant resident at the office of Immigration and Naturalization Service in (City) (State).

What do I enter here?? What office is this? We live in San Diego County, CA

If anyone can help with either of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Question 1+2 : is your husband currently live with you in US now? if this is the case, you dont need to fill in the address aboard, just fill in your address (for address of other country, it is under the embassy route)

btw, you can file I485-adjust of status, with your I-130, and you can apply for the working permit cocorrently, usually, he can get his working permit in around 3 months.

finally, I think you should send your application to California Service Centre

andreamate said:
Hi, I am filling out my I-130 petition for my husband, who is an Australian citizen. I have 2 questions:

1) On 19. Your relative's address abroad - my husband does not have an address in Australia..he hasn't lived there for 9 years. Do I list a family member's address? Or is it okay to enter 'None'

None.

2) 22. Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status

Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanant resident at the office of Immigration and Naturalization Service in (City) (State).

What do I enter here?? What office is this? We live in San Diego County, CA

If anyone can help with either of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

I think you should just put San Diego, CA...if I'm not wrong is an USCIS DO in San Diego...if not they will use the closest one, Laguna Niguel, Santa Ana...they know exactly.

micmic said:
finally, I think you should send your application to California Service Centre

If you file the I-485 concurrently with the I-130, then don't send it to the California Service Center. It should be sent to the Chicago Lock Box facility!

andreamate said:
Thank you for everyone's help. As for the personal check, do I need to write anything on the face of it?

Of course, payable to: Dept. of Homeland Security ;)

I wrote to the memo I-130 on one check, and I-485 & biometrics on the other one. (just for my info, I don't think it was necessary)