2 jobs on 1 H1B

sawhneymaninder

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am currently on a valid H1B visa with a full time job with one employer.
Can i legally work part time for another company and be on their payroll?

Is there anyone who has done this before?

thanks in advance.

Yes you can work for two employer. Both employer should have petition filed behalf of you. But when you filing new petition with another employer (Part Time) make sure you select Concurrent new petition option in the I-129 form. Mention the part time hours you are goiung to work. Make sure you file the petition after april 2007. new petition will come under new H-1 Quota.

Yes you can work for two employer. Both employer should have petition filed behalf of you. But when you filing new petition with another employer (Part Time) make sure you select Concurrent new petition option in the I-129 form. Mention the part time hours you are goiung to work. Make sure you file the petition after april 2007. new petition will come under new H-1 Quota.

IMHO, his part time H1 will not be subject to H1 quota.

I agree, I dont think the concurrent H1b will come under quota. Also one other thing you can do legally, If your part time job is very very part time, like not worth filing another h1b, you can have your part time employer pay you through your current h1b employer.

Jadoo85