2 I-485 primary petitions in different service center's

Sun Ray

Registered Users (C)
2 I-485 primary petitions in different service center's

I filed my I-140, I-485 from VSC in Sept 2002 (EB3) from company A, which I promised them I would join if get my GC approved. Meanwhile, my current company (company B) filed my I-140, I-485, EAD, and AP from CSC in December 2002. My I-140, EAD, AP got approved from my current company. Hence, I would like to stick to my company.

I used the alien#'s I got from VSC in Sept filing in my CSC filing, and in my CSC I-140 mentioned that I have a pending I-140 petition in VSC.

Since I would like to proceed with my current company, what should I be doing with my petitions in VSC.

I know its a complicated situtation, and was wondering if anyone else went through a similar process...2 I-485 primary petitions in different service center's

my 2c worth...

One can file for multiple I-140s but not for multiple I-485s where both are EB based! The reason is when one files for I-485 one is legally accepting the permanent job offerd by the GC employer and will work permanently for them. Making that same promise to two different employers looks to me like contradicting! Probably the first Service center picking up your case may ask you to take back one of those two I-485 filing.

- PCee

Thanks for the reply... My attoney at my current company is asking me to hold on and not withdraw any petitions, she says the files will be merged, and will be resolved at a later time. Hope it goes smooth. I was wondering if its better to go and cancel I-140 petition, which in turn ma invalidate I-485.

I also heard from someone else that a I-485 can be changed to use an approved I-140 from a different company. But, I am not sure how it would work if the 140 is from a different service center.