2 I-485 primary petitions in different service center's

Sun Ray

Registered Users (C)
2 I-485 primary petitions in different service center's

I filed my I-140, I-485 from VSC in Sept 2002 (EB3) from company A, which I promised them I would join if get my GC approved. Meanwhile, my current company (company B) filed my I-140, I-485, EAD, and AP from CSC in December 2002. My I-140, EAD, AP got approved from my current company. Hence, I would like to stick to my company.

I used the alien#'s I got from VSC in Sept filing in my CSC filing, and in my CSC I-140 mentioned that I have a pending I-140 petition in VSC.

Since I would like to proceed with my current company, what should I be doing with my petitions in VSC.

I know its a complicated situtation, and was wondering if anyone else went through a similar process...

Generally the lawyers advise against filing 2 485s. And most people avoid them . You have already taken the tiger by its tail...

You either need to withdraw the other petition(which you dont want to pursue) and cite the other pending petition. You can still retain the priority date which will be advantageous to you. So no harm.
If you want to keep both options open, convert one to CP (AC140)
Consult a competent lawyer...

You can withdraw I-485 from VSC or your lawyer can send the copy of current company approved I-140 to be attached with pending I-485 (VSC) and request the VSC to process the I-485 based on that I-140 or Employer.
Your lawyer will be the best person to guide you what you should do now, because when you filed new I-140 and I-485 that time your lawyer knew that you have pending I-485 with VSC and you gave him/her you’re A #.

as Jaxen said you can convert one to CP with AC-140 (Attorney certified Copy) you need the copy of approved I-140 and all the papers that were filed by Attorney for I-140 to BCIS, he she will certify them, and then you can send that Packet to US Consulate in your home country( in India Bombay, Delhi) accept ACI-140, before sending the packet you have to get the receipt of I-824 from BCIS. Once the ACI-140 package reaches the Consulate and the consulate accepts your case they generally send Email to your Attorney in 4-5 days and you can expect your interview with in 1-2 months if case is accepted.

Please let us know what is the opinion of your lawyer because some other person is in similar position (posted in other thread)

Last edited by a moderator: