140 appvd; H1b expires May 09;layoff possibility

desigc78

My 140 was approved 2 months ago and my 6th year expires on May 2009. There is a possibility of a layoff and I was wondering what my options could be? If I get laid off, can I transfer my H1 to a different company?

I am clueless, please help

You can transfer your H1 to different company.

My 140 was approved 2 months ago and my 6th year expires on May 2009. There is a possibility of a layoff and I was wondering what my options could be? If I get laid off, can I transfer my H1 to a different company?

I am clueless, please help

same situation

Hi everyone,

I'm also in the same situation as desigc78. I'm with a big firm and will be laid off in July. My 6th year H1 will expire on Dec 31, 2009. But my LC & I-140 are already approved thru my current employer just waiting for I-485 dates.

My questions are:
1) Can I transfer my H1b to another employer and still get a 3 year approval based on my I140 approval?
2) Can I retain my priority dates once file LC/140 again with my new employer?
3) Can my current employer revoke my 140? If so, does it adversely impact my H1b or retaining my PD with my new employer?
4) Do I need to have a copy of my 140 approval for H1b transfer & 3 year extension?
5) If I can't get a copy of 140 then what will be my options? go back to my country?

Your replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

I-140 approved/H1-8th year/change of employer

All,
im already in my 8th year of H1B extension (1yr/extension) which expires August 2009. i have my I-140 approved and my current employer is preparing to file for my 3 yr extension. i have not filed for I-485 yet (PD aug 2004). my current employer has filed for EB2 labor to convert my EB3 filing.

Meanwhile there are layoffs and there is a good chance i will be affected in a week or 2. so

1) if i can find a new employer can i trasnfer my H1B?
2) if i can is there any way i can get an extension beyond August 2009 so that my GC process can start all over again?

please help :( since i cant move out of U.S because of some family health reasons

thanks