140 Appeals

Originally posted by tsnaresh
I noticed my case status has changed, online message is as follows:

"
On March 25, 2004, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case.
"
Does it mean they are planning to approve the I-140???

I appreciate your input.
Thanks.

Is this the status for the I-140 case or the appeals case.

What they did in my case almost a year back, was to approved the appeal and the 140 on the same day. I never bothered to check the 140 status. But came to know later that the 140 was approved too (was reflected on the status check, but did not check earlier)

Re: I-140 RFE-Hrish-did you get the approval.

Originally posted by hrish22
I had an RFE regrading my employers ability to pay. I was curious that those people whose I-140 was denied , for them how much time it took for the denial to come after the reply of I-140. I am on EAD right now and will have to make arrangements to get a new H1 if my I-140 ( because of RFE) is denied. Any body who can give a rough idea that how many days it takes for I-140 to be rejected (if at all ) that will give me some idea abt how to plan things myself.

Thanks
hrish22: What's happening to your case did you get the approval

Re: Re: I-140 RFE-Hrish-did you get the approval.

Originally posted by Damnit
hrish22: What's happening to your case did you get the approval

SaiBobby, I am in same boat of BS + MS combination RFE. I sent your ND/RD/Approval details to my attorney & he is not beleving on your approval by saying that "info I got thru forum may not be true"...I will appreciate your help if you will send your I 140 LIN# off line thru peronal mail..Thanks in advance...

Hello Everyone,

Question for experts:

Guys!! One of my colleagues I-140 is denied because he has 3 yrs of BSc. comp science from India instead of 4 yrs degree.

His RFE was about the companies financials and education evaluation.

So my question to you is that :

Is education is the only reason of denial or they didnt even bother to look at the companies financials.

SaiBobby, I have similar type of I-140 RFE (BS + MS leading to US equivalent Bachelor). Whats your EAC# for I 140? you can skip last few digits if you wish..Thanks in advamce..

RFE I140 Education evaluation

Guys,

sorry to bother you, but i need your help in this issue. I saw your reply in murty.com about I-140 RFE. I guess you also got the RFE for Education Evaluation. I also recieved the REF for the same . I'm having 3 yr BSC and GNIIT from india and 5 yr of exp...
and i filed from Nabraska Center. Do you think if we will submit the Re-evalution, we can get through this....how was ur case ....did u also got the RFE first and then they rejected? but any help will be greatly helpfull to me ...as we have to reply to that RFE.....i will really appricciate if you would tell me about ur case and suggest how we should proceed from here ...

Thank a lot !!
Vikas

saibobby, congrats on your 140 approval. Can you please post what your 140 RFE was and how you replied?
What is the type of educational evaluation you got done from trustforte and how much did u pay. Please post your e-mail address or send me an e-mail to skonegalla@hotmail.com
Thanks,
siva

Vikaskumar9,

My case was denied by INS twice. I have three years degree + 2 years of NIIT + 7 years of experience.

I tried changing from EB2, different education evaluation but it did not work out.

I had to start from the begining...

Good Luck
Rakesh

My LCA requirment says : Bachlor required. I dont have much hope in my case. but we are going to reply for RFE anyway. Lets see what happend .....does anybody has any Idea ...how should be reply to this RFE???

Thanks,
Vikas

Hi,

I'm going to file new LCA as well. Does anybody knows what should be write in LCA unders section 14 ...its like

"Bachlor or Equivalent to bachlor or 3 yr degree or 5 yr exp"?

Can anybody suggest, i'm sure many of us have to file new labor coz of 140 denied.

Please let me know we have to give add ASAP.

thanks,
-Vikas

labor req

Section 14 : Minumum Education

Bachleors or Equivalent or its foreign degree equivalent. Will
accept three years of education plus three years work experience in a
related occution in lieu of the required Bachelor's degree.

College Degree Required

My I-140 is filed under EB3. I have 3 years BCS (Bachelor's in Computer Science) and 2 years M.Sc. Computer Science from India.

The Labor Certification (ETA-750) says under College Degree Required, Item #14 ....."BSc or Foreign Academic Equivalent" and Major Field of Study .... "Computer Science or Engineering"

Is there any chance that I will get an RFE/denial on this (I hope not) ? I have been seeing denials in this forums because of not having a single 4 year degree. My processing center is Nebraska.

Thanks-

Kiransa

your case looks pretty straight forward and I believe you should not have any problem as you have 3 yrs + 2 yrs of college education with computer science as major.

most of the denial cases are 3 yrs college education + 2 yrs of advanced diploma etc. etc.... not from the recognized Universities.

I think you are fine, you have ("Foreign Academic Equivalent" )alternate education requirement specified in the labor. Good luck.

Hi unitednations,

Thanks for the information, how did you go about getting this certification from the professor, Is any professor recognized by INS? can you suggest how i can go about it? Again I have BSC + GNIIT and My LCA says "bachelor required".

please write ASAP as i have to reply for RFE earliast.

Thanks,
Vikas