1 month after GC interview - no word from USCIS

speedee

Registered Users (C)
Hello!
My GC interview was on April 11 - I am married to a USC. The immigration lady told me everything was OK and that I should get my CG in the mail within 3 weeks. It is been more than 4 weeks..and no word from them yet. I read a few threads on this forum and peope say they got their passports stamped, received "welcome" letters, etc.
I didn't get anything :( ...
I know the USCIS is extremely slow....but the lady said 3 weeks...and she repeated it a couple of times. And then - why didn't she stamped my passposrt. Is something wrong or am I seeing problem where it doesn't exist (well, may be for right now).
I am a very big optimist in general, but the GC process is killing me.
Please advice! I am going crazy...
Thanks!
:confused:

If I were you, I would go to DO and ask them. It is a matter of concern since she didn't stamp your passport.

Mine PP

Dear friend,
My PP was stamped a month ago. No welcome notice yet!!!! :(
tricky INS :rolleyes:

Hey,

I was thinking just this morning if I could go back to where you are right now I would be on them every thirty days, I am in the same boat you're in except that they said they couldn't stamp my passport because my background results were not back, didn't write anything either.

If I knew then, what I know now, they would have been seeing me every thirty days, its now twenty three months since my interview, I made an appointment to see them today only to be given and appointment to redo my finger prints because they expire after fifteen months, and according the immigration rep giving info directly from my file, she gave me the appointment anticpating the finger print request will come because it "looks like they are getting ready to wrap up my case any day now."

So keep on them my friend, I however do wish you the very best and hope that you hear from them sooner rather than later.

Hello again.
I just called them today to find out what is going on...the woman who I spoke to was extremely rude. She didn't give me any information. She said she can't, because I don't have a receipt number - the receipt number from the initial letter from INS when I first submitted my application in 2002. Well, they never sent me one. I do have the interview notice - is the receipt number on this notice different than the one that was supposed to be on the initial one if I got it? Isn't this the same case? Isn't it going to the same place? Please reply! According to her, there is no way to check the status of my case without the initial receipt number.
Thanks.

speedee,
The receipt # should be same on each letter you received from USCIS on your case. Did you call that 800#? If yes then you must know that those people doesn't know anything except some basic information on these forms. Do not call and waste your time and energy specially when you are trying to find out a perticular case. If you call them again, you will get different answers every time. Better you go to your DO and ask them personally.