1-130 Question

Oh NO! The basic function of the "Lockbox" locations is merely to collect the fees, data enter info in the computer and send the petition to the USCIS center. They will cash the check immediately.

I send the I-130 on Nov 3 rd and they took $355 from my personal account on Nov 5 th.

My question is do they will send any receipt in my address?

Last edited by a moderator:
I send the I-130 on Nov 3 rd and they took $355 from my personal account on Nov 5 th.

My question is do they will send any receipt in my address?

I got the I -130 receipt from USCIS. Whats the next step ? How long do I need to wait for the next process?

You have filed an I-130 for the spouse of an LPR. He is category F2A. Monitor the Visa Bulletin (google for it) for the priority date to become current and in the month that it becomes current he can file for adjustment of status provided that he is still in a lawful nonimmigrant status.

If you naturalize before the F2A becomes current, then you can "upgrade" the petition to Immediate Relative of a USC and go ahead and have him file for adjustment at the same time (you would submit a copy of your natz cert and a copy of the I-130 approval notice along with his I-485, I-765 and I-131).

Good Luck,

With F1 status I got married to a US citizen and now my husband wants to apply I-130 for me and my 3 sons 18+, 14+ and 6+ yrs old.
I think i need to send

*Form I-130 for each one separately
*Husband's Driving License copy
*Husband's SSN copy
*2 Passport photos of petitioner and beneficiary (1 each): Print names on back
*Birth Certificate of all kids
*Copy of Marriage Certificate
*Check $420 payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security for each separately.

Pls check anyone if this is correct??????

The visa Bulletin of January 2011 shows the current date of F2A is 01 jan 08 . On December 2010 , when I checked the priority date was 01AUG10. Can anyone check if this is correct.

Pls reply.

The visa Bulletin of January 2011 shows the current date of F2A is 01 jan 08 . On December 2010 , when I checked the priority date was 01AUG10. Can anyone check if this is correct.

Pls reply.

This was the recent "retrogression" also called "regression" of the priority dates. Advance notice of such a move was given but the actual amount of the increase in wait time was more than anyone had expected. This has happened before but it has been the employment based numbers that were hardest hit in recent years. This change is more in keeping with the normal wait times. It was the period of very short waits that was the oddity.

For a while, folks were not utilizing enough visas (they became complacent and were not checking the Visa Bulletin regularly) so there was big progression to encourage more people to apply. It worked so well that a new backlog was built up so the government hit the brakes.

Thank You Joe for your reply.. So that means I need to wait for years for my priority date.

My Husbands H1 B will be expire on this April 2011. Thats my concerned.

Thank You Joe for your reply.. So that means I need to wait for years for my priority date.

My Husbands H1 B will be expire on this April 2011. Thats my concerned.

Is his employer filing for an extension or has he found a new employer to move to? He needs to keep his nonimmigrant status valid to file an the spouse of an LPR. Only the spouse of a USC can file for adjustment after their I-94 expires.

I got a letter today from uscis regarding marriage certificate. I send the copy of marriage certificate from our church , India. But the uscis asking me the civilly registered with the county clerk copy of certificate. But we dint registered in our municipal county(as we came here in US after 5 days our marriage). So my question is ,Is any alternatives or any other options that I can get the Marriage certificate from India?

Pls help.

I got a letter today from uscis regarding marriage certificate. I send the copy of marriage certificate from our church , India. But the uscis asking me the civilly registered with the county clerk copy of certificate. But we dint registered in our municipal county(as we came here in US after 5 days our marriage). So my question is ,Is any alternatives or any other options that I can get the Marriage certificate from India?

Pls help.

take the marriage certificate from india to the county clerks office in the town you live, and ask them if you can register the marriage in usa showing then the certificate from india, I am prety sure there is some thing they can help yo out with. Or you can send some one in india to the county clerk office and get it registered. Good luck

The I-130 was approved today but reading further I see "he or she not eligible to file an adjust of status application" I'm a bit concerned.

It states: The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjust of status. The evidence indicates the he or she is not eligible to file an adjustment of status application.

-Because the person for whom you are petitioning is not eligilbe to adjust, we have sent the approved petition to the NVC.

-- Also, you should allow a minimum 30 days for Department of State processing before contacting the NVC.

What does this mean and what are my next steps?