1-130 Question

I don't see/think DanielFL is bashing the person in question here...but I cannot say the same if he is bashing others or not because I've not read all of his postings. He is just responding in his way to the statements made by PraetorianXI. He has all the right to respond and say his side of story so long he says things without calling names and any derogatory words. Some people are more aggressive and passionate in making their points than others...and that doesn't mean they are bashing others....He has the right to express his opinions and to defend himself against those statements about him that he feels wrong....but again..only without using negative/abusive wordings...

Btw, being a moderator doesn't mean one must know about immigration. Performing a moderator job and advocating on immigration matters are two different matters. These two tittles are completely separate from each other and have no relevancy. Besides, moderators could also be wrong sometimes in their information, regardless they know anything about immigration or not, like I've been wrong a few times.. We are human beings and we all make mistake at time...one way or another...So, don't think a moderator cannot be wrong...or that a moderator must have known everything about the immigration.

Dear Sir...I appreciate your clarification. Sometimes I get frustrated by some individuals blowing smoke all over the forum and pitching some b.s. that there are not sure of. The statement made in reference to Praetorian's level of expertise in that particular problem was based on my relatively extensive reading of his posts regarding that specific imm. issue and the appreciation people manifested in those threads. As you can read in my respective post, I have not said that the moderator is an "know-it-all". With all due respect, you could have speared yourself from explaining me about the difference between a moderator and an attorney. I think I know the difference.

As you can see, I have exercised my right "to respond and say my side of story."

P.S. No need to aprove or disapprove my message. :cool:

jrlaredo,
My experience about joint account in the bank. I added my husband last Wednesday, my bank is WACHOVIA and they allowed me to add my husband into my existing account and process it by phone. My husband and I was in the pone at same time with two lines. I added him last Wednesday and WACHOVIA will call me again to verify my information again to make sure everything is right. Then, yesterday I went to branch( any branch) and ask for an bank statement, the manager from this branch printed out with both our named listed with balance and i told him I wanted to be official. He put stamp of bank and also embossed stamp into this bank statement. I guess it makes very official. Then, work is done. It was easy and fast. Don't wait your next statement. You could ask an bank statement after they processed it adding your spouse. I believe every bank will provide this kind of service.
Hope it goes smoothly to everyone! Good Luck!

rickylala

JohnnyCash,
I almost finish my review for all documents: I-130/485/765/693/864/G325a . I plan to mail it out this Friday. Just I have two questions and I hope whenever I file out there is NO RFE. Cross fingner!!!

1] Do I mail those papers to USCIS, PO BOX 805887 Chicago, IL 60680? I got general information under 130 from USCIS web:
Petitioners who reside in AL, AR, CT, DL, FL, GA, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, PA, Puerto Rico, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, U.S. Virgin Islands, WV, or District of Columbia must file their stand-alone Form I-130 with the Lockbox using the following address:
USCIS
P.O. Box 804616
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

It says to Box 804616, not 805887. I worry I would send to wrong box and later it becomes complicated. Can you or someone have experience and sure 805887 is correct box under my kind of situation? Please help.

2] For I-130 form, G325a, there is question regarding if your aboard address & name are not roman letter , write your name in your native alphabet . I am Chinese but I am holding Canada’s passport. Do I have to print my Chinese character under this question. There is one similar question under 130 form.

Question on G325a: If your native alphabet is in other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below:

I am curious this purpose of this question, is that for people who hold passport with their native character and USCIS would like to be able to verify both native character and translation from native name. Is that the purpose?
I printed in very beginning and my friend told me if I am holding Canadian passport there is NO my native character in the passport, therefore, there is no need for me to print my native character under this question. Do you think it make sense?

Thanks for your help and really appreciate your valuable suggestion.

PraetorianXI,

So this become OFFICIAL! WACHOVIA=CITIBANK!
BTW, i believe CITIBANK would also provide this kind of service==> Provide official bank statement.

ok thanks. I was added yesterday to the account in person but didn't think about asking her to print a statement. Will have to go in tommorow to do that. Thanks alot for the information. :)

JohnnyCash,
I almost finish my review for all documents: I-130/485/765/693/864/G325a . I plan to mail it out this Friday. Just I have two questions and I hope whenever I file out there is NO RFE. Cross fingner!!!

1] Do I mail those papers to USCIS, PO BOX 805887 Chicago, IL 60680? I got general information under 130 from USCIS web:
Petitioners who reside in AL, AR, CT, DL, FL, GA, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, PA, Puerto Rico, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, U.S. Virgin Islands, WV, or District of Columbia must file their stand-alone Form I-130 with the Lockbox using the following address:
USCIS
P.O. Box 804616
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

It says to Box 804616, not 805887. I worry I would send to wrong box and later it becomes complicated. Can you or someone have experience and sure 805887 is correct box under my kind of situation? Please help.

2] For I-130 form, G325a, there is question regarding if your aboard address & name are not roman letter , write your name in your native alphabet . I am Chinese but I am holding Canada’s passport. Do I have to print my Chinese character under this question. There is one similar question under 130 form.

Question on G325a: If your native alphabet is in other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below:

I am curious this purpose of this question, is that for people who hold passport with their native character and USCIS would like to be able to verify both native character and translation from native name. Is that the purpose?
I printed in very beginning and my friend told me if I am holding Canadian passport there is NO my native character in the passport, therefore, there is no need for me to print my native character under this question. Do you think it make sense?

Thanks for your help and really appreciate your valuable suggestion.

As for your question number 1 as to where to send all the forms then I suggest you to read the forms carefully for that because I advocate on laws/rules/court cases on immigration than procedural information like where to send forms. I don't always keep myself updated on this kind of information because USCIS keeps change such information. That's why it's important to check those forms carefully and check USCIS website as well. You may find the answer to your this question here-

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=282291

As to your question number 2 then just write your name in English in those forms. Don't get so confused with writing name in their with roman letter and native alphabet. And what the purpose for USCIS to all these terminolgy then I don't know nor should anyone care...in my opinion.

Thanks, JohnnyCash!
Friday, I'll mail out, wish everything will go fine and smooth!!!

BTW, I heard people said USCIS now is pushing to get more GC==> USC application done for November election, do you think or knew from somewhere source that other types of immigration will be delayed.

Family does not count.
This is a heriarchy:

1) neighbors (that can proove seeing you together all the time like coming back from work, spending christmas together, shooting birthday party, etc.

2) coworkers (the best deal is to get boss or the owner to meet your wife/husband, even take some photos like a small party or something have a letter from him that he also saw your spuse coming to pick you up time to time after work.

3) friends (on both sides friedns that spends partys, holidays, thanksgiving etc together so they can attest.

The only professional way to do it that it will count for USCIS is notorize letters. The thing is like 85% notarize letter versus 15% unotarize.

This is the form:

August 1st, 2008
AFFIDAVIT

I, NAME AND LASTNAME, residing at ADDRESS, CITY, STATE ZIP, SUBJECT TO PENALITY OF PERJURY UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES, do solemnly swear that the following information, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief:

--- here goes the letter. should be short but sweet - do not forget your full name and lastname. short sentences that make pure sense.

at the end:

In my sincere opinion, their marriage is a bona fide relationship.
[yes, this sentence should be put in each letter that you obtain. for USCIS it is not like: how they all knew what to write -- it is you that notarize the letter and ask them to put that sentence - it is important for USCIS OP to have that information in the letter so he can that notarized letter put in your chart as additional evidence.

Feel free to contact me if any further information is needed -- contact name lastname, cell phone number or work number.

NOTARIZED
Subscribed to and sworn/affirmed to before me this 1st of August 2008, by:

Notarize is around $50 for mobile and $5-10 at Kinkos, etc. Oh, some banks have it for free, even though you dont have an Account I think the bank name is Colonial, or something like that.

good luck. hope this helped.

I am not sure why they are asking for these affidavits, isn't a marriage certificate from the government enough of a proof ?

I submitted I-130 for my spouse, but missed the affidavits. Will I get an RFE, or the case will be denied?

I am not sure why they are asking for these affidavits, isn't a marriage certificate from the government enough of a proof ?

I submitted I-130 for my spouse, but missed the affidavits. Will I get an RFE, or the case will be denied?

Leo1974, the marriage certificate is just legal proof of your marriage. USCIS requires proof of bonafide marriage, which means proof that you guys are really married and live together as husband and wife and not just on papers. For this, you need to submit various documents, such as: bank statement of a joint account (if you have one), bills with both of your names, affidavits etc. Carefully read this thread; it has a lot of good information.

I think you might get an RFE to provide some more info. It's way to early to talk about your case denial or approval. Your case needs to be adjudicated by an IO for it to be denied or approved. If you talk about application rejection based on the missing info, then it is less likely in your case, considering that you provided all the other must have docs.

Again, read the thread and you'll have plenty of insight. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: