1-130 Question

jrlaredo

Banned
Anyone have like an example to follow for the Affidavits or Letters of support from people to prove your marriage? I know it says on there what info to put but just wondering if theres a certain format to follow.

Also wondering if only 1 is enough or if we should send several?

Last question, is it ok if her family members (bro, sister, mom) are the ones who write them?

Thank You

Anyone have like an example to follow for the Affidavits or Letters of support from people to prove your marriage? I know it says on there what info to put but just wondering if theres a certain format to follow.

Also wondering if only 1 is enough or if we should send several?

Last question, is it ok if her family members (bro, sister, mom) are the ones who write them?

Thank You

It is not a letter of support; rather it's called Affidavit. Yes, anyone can provide that affidavit, even brother, sister, mom, etc. But it's better if you can get from non-family members; otherwise it could be considered biased and conflict of interest. Also, whoever will furnish affadvit, must have to be either US citizen or LPR. Also, make sure to notarize the affidavits. And two affidavits could be submitted from people who can say that they know your marriage is real and they know both of you and attended parties/family gathering etc with both you...

Family does not count.
This is a heriarchy:

1) neighbors (that can proove seeing you together all the time like coming back from work, spending christmas together, shooting birthday party, etc.

2) coworkers (the best deal is to get boss or the owner to meet your wife/husband, even take some photos like a small party or something have a letter from him that he also saw your spuse coming to pick you up time to time after work.

3) friends (on both sides friedns that spends partys, holidays, thanksgiving etc together so they can attest.

The only professional way to do it that it will count for USCIS is notorize letters. The thing is like 85% notarize letter versus 15% unotarize.

This is the form:

August 1st, 2008
AFFIDAVIT

I, NAME AND LASTNAME, residing at ADDRESS, CITY, STATE ZIP, SUBJECT TO PENALITY OF PERJURY UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES, do solemnly swear that the following information, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief:

--- here goes the letter. should be short but sweet - do not forget your full name and lastname. short sentences that make pure sense.

at the end:

In my sincere opinion, their marriage is a bona fide relationship.
[yes, this sentence should be put in each letter that you obtain. for USCIS it is not like: how they all knew what to write -- it is you that notarize the letter and ask them to put that sentence - it is important for USCIS OP to have that information in the letter so he can that notarized letter put in your chart as additional evidence.

Feel free to contact me if any further information is needed -- contact name lastname, cell phone number or work number.

NOTARIZED
Subscribed to and sworn/affirmed to before me this 1st of August 2008, by:

Notarize is around $50 for mobile and $5-10 at Kinkos, etc. Oh, some banks have it for free, even though you dont have an Account I think the bank name is Colonial, or something like that.

good luck. hope this helped.

Additional thought is one is not enough. I think it it normal to have 5-7. I hade 2 from co-workers, 1 from my boss, 1 from my wife's boss, 1 from my friend we spend x-max together and 2 from neighbors that attest seeing us together all the time.

Affidavits, no matter who they are from, are on the bottom of the list when it comes to importance of evidence.

Pretty much any local library will have a free notary service.

Affidavits, no matter who they are from, are on the bottom of the list when it comes to importance of evidence.

Strongly disagree. Know by fact from somebody who used to work in USCIS how important those documents are.

Many documents you provide USCIS with are "uncheckable" due to something calle customer security policy: how you are going to check if that water bill is really from X, and not a fraud? You cant just call UOPS... they do not reveal their customers information. The same with banks. Other way anyone could just call you bank and say oh I work for USCIS, whats the account status for Mr. Smith.

It does not work this way. On the other hand, Affidavs are the easiest to check, people you ask for them do not like to lie due to perjury. I personally had OP calling 3 Affs from my list to verify information.

Strongly disagree. Know by fact from somebody who used to work in USCIS how important those documents are.

Many documents you provide USCIS with are "uncheckable" due to something calle customer security policy: how you are going to check if that water bill is really from X, and not a fraud? You cant just call UOPS... they do not reveal their customers information. The same with banks. Other way anyone could just call you bank and say oh I work for USCIS, whats the account status for Mr. Smith.

It does not work this way. On the other hand, Affidavs are the easiest to check, people you ask for them do not like to lie due to perjury. I personally had OP calling 3 Affs from my list to verify information.

Ohh really? :rolleyes:

Because faking a bill from an utility service is a lot harder than faking a letter, and signing it?

Anybody can write ANY letter they want, and forge/fake a signature if necessary...

Maybe this person was a "mail clerk" :p for USCIS?... but USCIS has access to a WHOLE lot more information than you think and has the rights to check with third party agencies if something is deemed suspicious...

For the average jim smith, sponsoring a bride-by-mail fiancee... affidavits have no almost no weight in evidence... And for someone willing enough to provide fake evidence... then USCIS has ways to check that.

Bottom line... your momma, writing USCIS a letter telling what a great couple you and your bride are... means close to nothing... But statements from banks, utility companies, lending institutions, insurance companies, etc that are joint... have a lot more weight...

Most USCIS officers don't even look at the pictures of you together... why would a plain letter make any difference?

Strongly disagree.

You can disagree, but if there is plenty of other evidence (bank statements, property, kids) sending affidavits is next to useless. For one thing, USCIS has a much easier time checking out information from banks/leasing corporations than from "someone" who signed a letter for you.

If you initial evidence is not overwhelming, which is not unthinkable if you file the day after your marriage, they can help, but they won't be sufficient. Heck, my wife and I are still busy merging stuff. Bank accounts and credit cards are quick, but stuff like mortgages and property and car titles take time.

With my initial evidence, I sent affidavits from our witnesses, b/c at the time of filing pretty much all we had was a shared bank account, and I was hoping to avoid an RFE. When the interview rolls around, I'll have plenty of other evidence (credit cards, car insurance, mortgage, 401k/IRA beneficiaries, pictures, correspondence) and frankly I don't care what they do with those affidavits.

ok we just got married like 7-8 weeks ago so we don't have much evidence other then our marriage certificate and obvious pictures from the last 5 years. I am gonna be added to her bank account this week, but I dont know how long it can take for them to send me a statement or proof that its a joint account. Is it worth it to wait? Or is it ok not to have it when your sending your initial packet and just take alot of proof (bank, insurance, credit cards, etc) when the interview comes around?

Ohh really? :rolleyes:

Because faking a bill from an utility service is a lot harder than faking a letter, and signing it?

no, genious, it is not how hard it is, it is a matter how much it cost to verify.
to proof any bill is fraud or not, USCIS has to request the document authority through 3rd party agencies. That request cost. Form the regular bills, through credit cards, airline tickets, rents, leases, credit requestes, and everything else ALWAYS cost more than making a regular phone call with couple questions.

And if you multiply any of those costs by million of immigrants providing them with evidence, they would have charge like 3 times more for any case.

Anybody can write ANY letter they want, and forge/fake a signature if necessary...

no, Mr. Einstein, not everybody can write any letter. In fact, it is hard to convince neighbors and coworkers to write them because they are writing a document under a perjury. Yes you can forge those affis like any bill, but with bills USCIS has to pay more money to verify. How are you gonna forge 5 affidavis?? you gonna like buy 5 different cellphones and immitate different people's voices everytime USCIS calls?? BS!!

Maybe this person was a "mail clerk" :p for USCIS?...

none of your business who that person was...

but USCIS has access to a WHOLE lot more information than you think and has the rights to check with third party agencies if something is deemed suspicious...

they do, but once again - that checks COST !!!

Bottom line... your momma, writing USCIS a letter telling

The bottom line is that you are having troubles understanding what you're reading. I never mentioned my relatives' names --- none of them wrote me any letter.

And for your information, those letters are not intend to state what somebody feels - how great their marriage is or bla bla bla. The intention is to state some facts regarding married couple - those fact should speak for themselfs.

But statements from banks, utility companies, lending institutions, insurance companies, etc that are joint... have a lot more weight...

most banks write a letter with a copy-paste signature any one can write a letter like that they look like a cheap monochrome photocopy, useless, most banks can let you join anyone to your account at any time and yet their "immigration letters" shows the time the account was open, not when spause joined, USCIS knows about it those letters are useless.

Utilities mostly dont allow two peoples names on their bills - it is harder for the company to collect the money (just in case) they have to go through the court to answer who ir really responsible for such a bill (both spauces are bouncing the bill stating "the second part will pay")

Most USCIS officers don't even look at the pictures of you together... why would a plain letter make any difference?

where are you getting your information from?? your interview must have had place like 25 years ago. USCIS loves photos, especially the one from the wedding, court, x-mas parties, b-day parties, etc.. hard to forge too much effort -- in fact we were asked for more photos to provide and our OP stated it was very important to see more photos.

I always like to be more prepared than unprepared.
Why if even with 1% chance, they will get the OP that will say: oooh, just one Affidavit letter? oh I am soo dissapointed, please send it to me withing next 30 days and decicion will be made.
Why to give them even a chance?

I always like to be more prepared than unprepared.
Why if even with 1% chance, they will get the OP that will say: oooh, just one Affidavit letter? oh I am soo dissapointed, please send it to me withing next 30 days and decicion will be made.
Why to give them even a chance?

DanielFL, there is no need for you to bash knowledgeable people on this forum. PraetorianXI has a lot more expertise in some of the problems you are throwing on this forum. You can try and follow some threads and see how many people the moderators have helped. No offense, but you are all over this forum pitching about misterious "3rd parties". Are you employed by the USCIS? If no, then stop misleading people about comprehensiveness of evidence for a bona fide marriage. Have some respect, man.

For your information my friend: a utility bill is extremely hard to forge when you deal with people that have been trained to differentiate a fake/forged document from a genuine one. If they catch you with this kind of a deal, then you go to prison. I don't know if you'll find anybody on this forum stupid enough to even think about it.

If you are going to play this kind of games on this forum, people will be very reluctant to help you with an advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok we just got married like 7-8 weeks ago so we don't have much evidence other then our marriage certificate and obvious pictures from the last 5 years. I am gonna be added to her bank account this week, but I dont know how long it can take for them to send me a statement or proof that its a joint account. Is it worth it to wait? Or is it ok not to have it when your sending your initial packet and just take alot of proof (bank, insurance, credit cards, etc) when the interview comes around?

If you go to the bank to have your name added to the account, you sign paperwork that certifies the same. I sent a copy of this agreement as evidence. By ID obviously we'll have statements showing both names and both our salaries deposited into the account.

Credit cards are harder, because it is easy to add an authorized user, but they don't show up on the statement. All you have is 2 physical cards that show the same account number (at least that's the case with our CCs with major not-bankrupt-yet US banks).

Regarding forging evidence: the odds are that you will be found out if you do it, and its not worth it. It is better to have not have a particular piece of evidence than to have a forged version.

ok thanks we also have cell phone bill that arrived today but it only has her name on it so im guessing that wouldn't work?

DanielFL, there is no need for you to bash knowledgeable people on this forum. PraetorianXI has a lot more expertise in some of the problems you are throwing on this forum. You can try and follow some threads and see how many people the moderators have helped

I don't see/think DanielFL is bashing the person in question here...but I cannot say the same if he is bashing others or not because I've not read all of his postings. He is just responding in his way to the statements made by PraetorianXI. He has all the right to respond and say his side of story so long he says things without calling names and any derogatory words. Some people are more aggressive and passionate in making their points than others...and that doesn't mean they are bashing others....He has the right to express his opinions and to defend himself against those statements about him that he feels wrong....but again..only without using negative/abusive wordings...

Btw, being a moderator doesn't mean one must know about immigration. Performing a moderator job and advocating on immigration matters are two different matters. These two tittles are completely separate from each other and have no relevancy. Besides, moderators could also be wrong sometimes in their information, regardless they know anything about immigration or not, like I've been wrong a few times.. We are human beings and we all make mistake at time...one way or another...So, don't think a moderator cannot be wrong...or that a moderator must have known everything about the immigration.

I don't see/think DanielFL is bashing the person in question here...but I cannot say the same if he is bashing others or not because I've not read all of his postings. He is just responding in his way to the statements made by PraetorianXI. He has all the right to respond and say his side of story so long he says things without calling names and any derogatory words. Some people are more aggressive and passionate in making their points than others...and that doesn't mean they are bashing others....He has the right to express his opinions and to defend himself against those statements about him that he feels wrong....but again..only without using negative/abusive wordings...

Btw, being a moderator doesn't mean one must know about immigration. Performing a moderator job and advocating on immigration matters are two different matters. These two tittles are completely separate from each other and have no relevancy. Besides, moderators could also be wrong sometimes in their information, regardless they know anything about immigration or not, like I've been wrong a few times.. We are human beings and we all make mistake at time...one way or another...So, don't think a moderator cannot be wrong...or that a moderator must have known everything about the immigration.

I am PraetorianXI and I approve this message. :cool:

I'm in a similar situation - I mailed the packet three weeks ago without really any proof we are living together yet (we just got married in July), and so far I did not get RFE, although we are merging accounts and bills just in case.

I'm in a similar situation - I mailed the packet three weeks ago without really any proof we are living together yet (we just got married in July), and so far I did not get RFE, although we are merging accounts and bills just in case.

There is no "just in case". You need this and more evidence for your interview.