1~1.5 year to card after stamping

luckstar

Registered Users (C)
got stamping today. The lady in BCIS told me it take about one to one and half years to get the plastic card. :( shot, seems another long line there. But who cares now as long as the stamping works as the card.

can you please mention where you got your stamping done? it would help people to have an idea of processing times for card generation at the various local offices across the country

luckstar said:
got stamping today. The lady in BCIS told me it take about one to one and half years to get the plastic card. :( shot, seems another long line there. But who cares now as long as the stamping works as the card.
Where did you go for stamping ? ( which local office ? )

I think the time depends more on the local office than CSC/NSC.

Also when was your case filed ( WAC ??? ) ?

I have it done in Sacramento local office. wac 02254. I had all the details in my past posts in last week.

luckstar said:

I think the only thing we can be absolutely sure of is inconsistency at the USCIS. On the SAME day, three of us here got stamped at SF. I was told 2 months for the plastic card, another was told 5 months, and another was told 10 months! All on the same day!

I wouldn't put any faith in USCIS estimates. Just know that it will arrive one day. The onlly drag, of course, is just when we think the hassle is behind us, we may have to line up again for an I-551 stamp becuase the stupid stamp expires in 1 year!

luckstar said:

I did stamping at SF office last week. The lady told the stamping is good till you get the actual card in the middle of the year. She ment a few months though she did not specify any time. You should get your card within a couple of weeks or in a month. Good luck!

gcusa99 said:
I did stamping at SF office last week. The lady told the stamping is good till you get the actual card in the middle of the year. She ment a few months though she did not specify any time. You should get your card within a couple of weeks or in a month. Good luck!
I think she would've meant that the card would arrive within a year.

'Cuz the 551 stamp expires in a year for sure :)

I did my stamping at Sacramento Local INS in First week of May. The lady told me it will take one and half year. But I got my plastic card within 3 weeks. Same is true for my other friends.

KingsSac said:
I did my stamping at Sacramento Local INS in First week of May. The lady told me it will take one and half year. But I got my plastic card within 3 weeks. Same is true for my other friends.

Thus proving my earlier point about the USCIS knowing little! :)

I did my GC stamp at Sacramento on November 9th.

any idea how long it will take to recieve the card,
the officer told me few weeks.

hussamk said:
I did my GC stamp at Sacramento on November 9th.

any idea how long it will take to recieve the card,
the officer told me few weeks.

Within 60 days, usually less, seems to be the current rule of thumb.