052-approved but can't stamp

Congratulations!!! on your successfull completion of GC process.

Here is my two cents. Attorneys might have made you feel good by saying there are no problems if you get the stamping done after 5 months.

But I would not go by that, Knowing the fickle ways USCIS works, you really do not want to get into trouble after 5 or 6 months whenever your family intends to return.

I know and understand all the issues associated with travelling around the world with an infant, more so spending that money and all those stuff.

Why can't you spend some money and get only your wife here for a few days and get things completed with the GC process. Atleast one big huge headache will be completed and even if you and your family wanted to stay in India for 2 more months you can do so with out any tension right.

True functions and all that is associated with such occasion are important but what you toiled for to get your GC should not go waste just because 5 months from now for some stupid reason USCIS acts weird. From the numerous postings and experiences of people you might have learnt the pain people are undergoing.

Hence please for the effort, time, money you have put in and future with GC, if I were you, I would not wait that long despite all the factors involved. I know it is a few thousand dollars but I am sure your will realize it really worth it to spend now.

It definitely is a pain to travel with an infant half-way around the GLOBE but it is for a good cause hence I would request you and your family to bear it so that you all can heave a sigh of relief when the stamping is finished.

Don't feel bad for the long sermon. Intention was to help.
Cheers
Golu

My 2c worth...

As far as I know there is no time limit for stamping. The case is already approved. What all one has to go through to get case approval has nothing to do with how soon one should get passport stamped.

If it is the primary applicant who is out of the country and want to wait for app. 5-6 months to come back then probably it will bring up some questions, but it may be true even if the case is not yet approved and one is travelling on AP! Even then it's okay if one has a good reason though! As it is dependent who is travelling, I don't think there should be any problem in current case. She can come back as long as her AP is valid and get her passport stamped.

If I am in your position this is what I will do. I will go ahead and get my passport stamped and at that time I will ask IIO about my spouse's situation and get assurance that it is okay to wait for 5 months outside. (I hope the IIO says "it's okay").

PCee