• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

How will the consulate be aware?

If something is common the consulate is aware because they see it often....

Is the old bc correct in the name and date of birth? I agree keep it and bring it. It is probably obvious what gender you are (and anyway even if you change your gender that is legal in the US and they wouldn't deny you for that !! But yes I realize this was just an error ;) )

st: 2438968, member: 47"]If something is common the consulate is aware because they see it often....

Is the old bc correct in the name and date of birth? I agree keep it and bring it. It is probably obvious what gender you are (and anyway even if you change your gender that is legal in the US and they wouldn't deny you for that !! But yes I realize this was just an error ;) )[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much.

The person that filled the form for me made a mistake in the name FHGKF POIJU instead of POIJU FHGKF on the lottery form. And one funny thing is on the WASSCE there is no indication of first name or Second name(i.e the name on the WASSCE slip is FHGKF POIJU )that is good for me because i would have register for NOV/DEC becus of the name on the lottery form. But it match my WASSCE slip but not my passport and birth certificate

Please you should understand what TOUGH is saying before you comment
He said the name on the WASSCE CRT is the same as the one on the lottery form. That means the agent made a mistake BUT this mistakes has HELPED him because it matched the name on the WASSCE CRT. So he need to do a passport and birth crt using the name on the WASSCE cert. SIMPLE FRIENDS

Last edited by a moderator:
He said the name on the WASSCE CRT is the same as the one on the lottery form. That means the agent made a mistake BUT this mistakes has HELPED him because it matched the name on the WASSCE CRT. So he need to do a passport and birth crt using the name on the WASSCE cert. SIMPLE FRIENDS

Yeah, all he needs to do now is get some fake BC which now lists his First Name as Last Name and vice versa since the eDV registration matches the WASSCE certificate right?

Why wouldn't the embassy in Ghana be extra harsh on the applicants there when people openly make suggestions such as this!!

"PLEASE NOTE: The U.S. Embassy in Accra considers visa fraud to be a serious issue. According to U.S. visa regulations, applicants who submit forged or altered documents or who make a false statement may become permanently ineligible for a visa to the United States. In addition, applicants who commit fraud may be subject to prosecution under Ghanaian law."
Source: http://ghana.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

Yeah, all he needs to do now is get some fake BC which now lists his First Name as Last Name and vice versa since the eDV registration matches the WASSCE certificate right?

Why wouldn't the embassy in Ghana be extra harsh on the applicants there when people openly make suggestions such as this!!

Precisely. It's thanks to people doing things like this that lead to innocent people being denied. And if it's really that simple to get a new bc and passport in a false name, no wonder there is such a high rate of denial.

The name is not False. I know this guy personally.the name in the BIRTH CRT ,PASSPORT,WASSCE CRT and the DV FORMS are all the SAME NOW.THANK GOD

Dinbi is illustrating my earlier comment:-

"However, I have also seen plenty of cases where Ghanaians don't seem to understand the "normal" standards of what is a genuine document, or truthful statement and so on. The boundaries are constantly tested. The normal assumption is that there is a "solution" to everything (the miracles you speak of). Given that as a background it is hardly surprising that Accra are quick to refuse - because the credibility of evidence is normally doubted. "

The name is not False. I know this guy personally.the name in the BIRTH CRT ,PASSPORT,WASSCE CRT and the DV FORMS are all the SAME NOW.THANK GOD
This is contradictory to what you suggested earlier: "So he need to do a passport and birth crt using the name on the WASSCE cert". Not that I care overly deeply on cases where fraud is seriously suspected, but which is it now?

@EURO2014 please no one is given a bad advice here. We are all making suggestions here to help...THE GUY MISTAKE WAS THAT WHEN HE PRINTED THE CONFIRMATION PAGE . The first name was written first and SURNAME last so he thought he made a mistake in the entry. We checked it again and the second page with contains the Original arrangements was correct. So it just skip him and thimking the first page was the original arrangement

What dinbi is Saying is TRUE I didn't check the second confirmation page so i tot it was a mistake no knowing it was CORRECT. I hav submitted my DS260 and waiting for reply. Thanks dinbi, euro2014,sisie, sammy and the big BOSS simon. God bless you all u have been very helpful

Tough, I will advice that you listen to the wise counsel of the long standers of this forum and have some secondary documents to support too. It is necessary. Please, we need you all to pass this process. I have read through the thread from beginning to the end and I know the red alert rate for Ghana is high. You wouldn't want to be denied because you think you were "unfairly" treated. Not that I am doubting what you are saying, but in a Ghana case, you should have 110% certification and documentation, I advice. We are still learning.

What is the meaning of update our signature please @ Astirlo
Well... It's nothing new if you've carefully followed the previous year's threads. It's all about setting your profile to reflect some of your details as in cn, time you submitted DS 260 etc. You can observe mine especially when you turn your browser in landscape or when using PC. I hope it helps.

[QU="Tough1991, post: 2439033, member: 401720"]Why that question Bastian?[/QUOTE]

I think he just wants to guesstimate when you're likey to receive your 2nl.