• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

They either doubt the authenticity of what you sent them, OR accepted it as legitimate, BUT decided your experience did not meet the requirement. Others have told you this already. Therte is no chance of an appeal, so again, as others have said, you have no choice except to accept this decision and move on.
My files are authentic, it's an injustice

Yes. That is the process you already went through - a 221(g) refusal which is a temporary refusal. Once the decision is made at the end of that process, the decision is final.
How to know if im temporary refused?
Because I had been refused 20 July, and today(25 july) there is a new updated date, and it's still refused ? So it's mean im temporary refused ?

How to know if im temporary refused?
Because I had been refused 20 July, and today(25 july) there is a new updated date, and it's still refused ? So it's mean im temporary refused ?

Temporary refusal is listed as "administrative processing" on CEAC. Refused is refused.
As I said before and Simon said too, they do not seem to think that your experience was at the level required to grant you a visa. They gave you a second chance already to try prove you meet the requirements - there are some consulates that would have refused you at the interview already without the evidence they needed.

Temporary refusal is listed as "administrative processing" on CEAC. Refused is refused.
As I said before and Simon said too, they do not seem to think that your experience was at the level required to grant you a visa. They gave you a second chance already to try prove you meet the requirements - there are some consulates that would have refused you at the interview already without the evidence they needed.
Okay thank you

Hi All

On a very happy note: My wife and I were issued our visas today :) This is amazing! I want to thank everyone on this forum, but special thanks go to @Britsimon @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom - you guys patiently answered my questions and were very kind to me.

So a quick recap: I entered the DV lottery for my wife and myself, however I made a mistake - I entered us as married when in fact, we were single (in the eyes of the law). It is a long story, and I plan on writing a blog post (which I will give to Simon to put on his site) to explain our situation in more detail. But in summary: After making this mistake, and being told by a lawyer that I had no chance, we decided (after speaking to the real experts that I have thanked here) to go for it. The interview was very quick (under five minutes actually) where we were told immediately that there was a problem with our marital status. What followed was eight months of administrative processing, but eventually, success!

Even though I am very grateful for this amazing opportunity and the US is in my good books, I do commiserate with everyone who needs to deal with the Americans. I do think that they should make this process more humane.

Okay, look out for the blog post!

Last edited:
Hi All

On a very happy note: My wife and I were issued our visas today :) This is amazing! I want to thank everyone on this forum, but special thanks go to @Britsimon @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom - you guys patiently answered my questions and were very kind to me.

So a quick recap: I entered the DV lottery for my wife and myself, however I made a mistake - I entered us as married when in fact, we were single (in the eyes of the law). It is a long story, and I plan on writing a blog post (which I will give to Simon to put on his site) to explain our situation in more detail. But in summary: After making this mistake, and being told by a lawyer that I had no chance, we decided (after speaking to the real experts that I have thanked here) to go for it. The interview was very quick (under five minutes actually) where we were told immediately that there was a problem with our marital status. What followed was eight months of administrative processing, but eventually, success!

Even though I am very grateful for this amazing opportunity and the US is in my good books, I do commiserate with everyone who needs to deal with the Americans. I do think that they should make this process more humane.

Congratulations!!

Hi All

Congratulations ! At last!

(On your last sentence...I'd give them some leeway for being the only country in the world that hands out immigrant visas like this...but yeah AP is not fun.)

Hi All

Congrats

Hi All

Congrat.

Congratulations ! At last!

(On your last sentence...I'd give them some leeway for being the only country in the world that hands out immigrant visas like this...but yeah AP is not fun.)

Hi SusieQQQ

Yes of course, the Americans are amazing, and this is a gift I will never forget. But what I meant about being more humane is the fact that a genuine mistake can (and does) result in one being barred future entry to the US (since it is considered lying). I have no idea how I would even address this issue if I were the Americans (I mean, I am sure they are swamped with immigrant visa requests).

Thank you so much for all your advice on the forumns.

Hi SusieQQQ

Yes of course, the Americans are amazing, and this is a gift I will never forget. But what I meant about being more humane is the fact that a genuine mistake can (and does) result in one being barred future entry to the US (since it is considered lying). I have no idea how I would even address this issue if I were the Americans (I mean, I am sure they are swamped with immigrant visa requests).

Thank you so much for all your advice on the forumns.
Congratulations i was expecting Alem too to be cleared this week well at least my hopes have not gone in vain really am happy its good news

How is it possible administrative process could mean temporal refusal?wrong info.Administrative processing mean ur document is being processed and a decision not yet arrived at.Prefer u say neutral.I had AP for two days,i think everybody goes thru this process before the final decision is taken.There nothing like temporal refusal or temporal approval

How is it possible administrative process could mean temporal refusal?wrong info.Administrative processing mean ur document is being processed and a decision not yet arrived at.Prefer u say neutral.I had AP for two days,i think everybody goes thru this process before the final decision is taken.There nothing like temporal refusal or temporal approval

Your understanding is wrong. AP aka INA 221(g) is a 'soft' or 'temporary' refusal which may either be for the purpose of giving a petitioner the opportunity to provide a missing document pertinent to the case, or the case is undergoing some additional internal reviews (as in a pending background check clearance or a further review and verification of the documents submitted).

By the way, which petition where you put on a 2 day AP for? Your DV selection?