• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

On the USCIS website it says you must "have an immigrant visa immediately available at the time of filing an adjustment application (Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)" to be eligible to submit your I-485. I'm not subject to the 2-year residency requirement. I might just try to see if I can reschedule my appointment. Thanks for your help.

Well, that clearly is not the same as saying you must submit proof that a visa number is available to you. The meaning of what is posted on USCIS website is that your CN needs to be current, that is it needs to be lower than the numbers listed on the Visa Bulletin before you can submit an I-485.

Hello every one,
I have just received the IL letter with interview date in March 31. I am a little bit confused about one of the documents that listed in "BRING WITH YOU TO YHE INTERVIEW" part, they say:
*An affidavit of support (Form I-864) and all of the documents requested in the instruction sheet to the I-846 (for example: job letters and income tax return for the the last three years at time of interview). ...etc.
So, my question what is the right form of the affidavit of support, is it the Form I-864 as mentioned in the IL or the Form I-134 as mentioned in the spread sheet?

Another question please, my husband is F1 holder and he is currently working as graduate assistant. Should he file for tax before the interview date (March 31) or he can wait untill after the interview so may get the GC before the tax day (April 15)?
Thanks for help.

Hello every one,
I have just received the IL letter with interview date in March 31. I am a little bit confused about one of the documents that listed in "BRING WITH YOU TO YHE INTERVIEW" part, they say:
*An affidavit of support (Form I-864) and all of the documents requested in the instruction sheet to the I-846 (for example: job letters and income tax return for the the last three years at time of interview). ...etc.
So, my question what is the right form of the affidavit of support, is it the Form I-864 as mentioned in the IL or the Form I-134 as mentioned in the spread sheet?

Another question please, my husband is F1 holder and he is currently working as graduate assistant. Should he file for tax before the interview date (March 31) or he can wait untill after the interview so may get the GC before the tax day (April 15)?
Thanks for help.

The form is the I134 - not the 864. That is certain.

You seem to think the getting the GC around "tax day" will have an impact on his 2014 tax return. It won't. The tax filing done in April 2015 covers Jan 1 2014 to Dec 31, 2014.

Many thanks Britsimon for your quick respond, but just to make sure I've attached that part of IL. Do you think it is just a typo?

Attachments

• IL copy.jpg
    IL copy.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 22
Many thanks Britsimon for your quick respond, but just to make sure I've attached that part of IL. Do you think it is just a typo?

Stop stressing. Simon already told you the right thing. The interview letter your FO sent you is a generic one, most of the items listed on it are not applicable to DV based AOS candidates.

Hello all, I had my interview today at NYC FO and here is how it went down:

1)Arrived 20 mins prior to interview time and it took about 20 mins to ge through security so I was in the waiting room at exactly 10.30am (appt time)

2)My number was called about 1 hour and 20 mins later, followed the officer into his office and could see my file on his desk

3)I just waited for him to start, he asked to see the following things:

- Passport
- Birth certificate
- Education certificate (he asked for degree, I pointed out I had both high school and degree with me so I gave both)
- He asked when did I last enter the USA?
- Have I ever been arrested?

While he asked the last question he was also writing in my passport and honestly I have no idea what it says it's a scribble to me - did anyone else have a similar thing where they wrote in the passport during this interview and what did they write?

Then he said, ok everything looks good and you should receive the card in about a month! I thanked him and he showed me out.

I was very nervous and it lasted literally 3-4 mins..and the feeling of relief is like no other. It goes without saying that this would never have been possible without the advice and help from Mom and Simon, the advice you give us is priceless and I am truly eternally grateful to you guys, I can't say it enough!:):)

@Kk99 I would suggest to keep going for the infopasses and I'm sure your letter will turn up soon, if it hasn't already!!

1)Arrived 20 mins prior to interview time and it took about 20 mins to ge through security so I was in the waiting room at exactly 10.30am (appt time)

2)My number was called about 1 hour and 20 mins later, followed the officer into his office and could see my file on his desk

- Passport
- Birth certificate
- Education certificate (he asked for degree, I pointed out I had both high school and degree with me so I gave both)

While he asked the last question he was also writing in my passport and honestly I have no idea what it says it's a scribble to me - did anyone else have a similar thing where they wrote in the passport during this interview and what did they write?

Then he said, ok everything looks good and you should receive the card in about a month! I thanked him and he showed me out.

I was very nervous and it lasted literally 3-4 mins..and the feeling of relief is like no other. It goes without saying that this would never have been possible without the advice and help from Mom and Simon, the advice you give us is priceless and I am truly eternally grateful to you guys, I can't say it enough!:):)

@Kk99 I would suggest to keep going for the infopasses and I'm sure your letter will turn up soon, if it hasn't already!!
Oh wow, finally! Congrats. Hope you receive your card soon! Congrats on achieving this step.

Oh wow, finally! Congrats. Hope you receive your card soon! Congrats on achieving this step.

Thank you! Can I ask did your online status ever get updated in the end? Or did it still show "fingerprint fee..."even after you had received the Card?

Thank you! Can I ask did your online status ever get updated in the end? Or did it still show "fingerprint fee..."even after you had received the Card?
My online status changed several times after the interview. To indicate that our application was approved & our new status was registered, that the cards were in production, that the cards had been
Mailed, to give us tracking numbers, then notify us that the cards were delivered, etc. In fact the status even goes back and forth at some point(which is nothing to worry about). So In short, yes you will be seeing movement on your online status in the coming days & weeks. Did you sign up to be notified of every update on your phone and email?

- Passport
- Birth certificate

Congratulations @ndubs! Nice to hear you had your interview, and hope the green card arrives quickly. I went for an INFOPASS on Friday and the officer informed me that they have received my file from KCC, everything is fine, and I was just in line waiting for an interview date and not to worry. Hope that's true 'cos at this point I have no idea why everyone else seems to be receiving their ILs and I haven't. I'll go to another INFOPASS in about 2 weeks.

My online status changed several times after the interview. To indicate that our application was approved & our new status was registered, that the cards were in production, that the cards had been
Mailed, to give us tracking numbers, then notify us that the cards were delivered, etc. In fact the status even goes back and forth at some point(which is nothing to worry about). So In short, yes you will be seeing movement on your online status in the coming days & weeks. Did you sign up to be notified of every update on your phone and email?

Yes I did, Simon mentioned the same re the status changes etc..I have not received any texts or emails yet regarding any updates and online status has not changed, but I'm not going to worry just yet I know it can take a few days to update..

Congratulations @ndubs! Nice to hear you had your interview, and hope the green card arrives quickly. I went for an INFOPASS on Friday and the officer informed me that they have received my file from KCC, everything is fine, and I was just in line waiting for an interview date and not to worry. Hope that's true 'cos at this point I have no idea why everyone else seems to be receiving their ILs and I haven't. I'll go to another INFOPASS in about 2 weeks.

Thanks! :) Sorry to hear you still have not received the IL, I was feeling the same when I saw others from NYC FO had already received their IL but honestly I don't think they process anything in order, and what they told you at the infopass they told me the same, and mine eventually turned up so I am sure yours is not far behind - keep going for the info passes and keep badgering them - next time maybe see if you can speak to someone who has more system access to see things like background check status and so on, I think they have to be a 'Supervisor' to view these extra details in the system

Hi everyone, I've been selected for dv 2015. My husband and I are both living here in the US on F-1 visa, so we are planning to do AOS. From what I understand is we have to both file I-485 but do we also need to file I-130?

Congrats ndubs!

Thanks mom. I have finally received my 2NL. Now I will be waiting for my number to go current. If it does, how long does it take for them to process DV fee and return the receipt?

Thanks again.

Congrats ndubs!

Thanks mom. I have finally received my 2NL. Now I will be waiting for my number to go current. If it does, how long does it take for them to process DV fee and return the receipt?

Thanks again.

Thanks! :)

With regards to the DV fee, it took a total of 2 weeks from the point I mailed to KCC to them mailing it back to me, not sure if it has taken much longer than that for others but I would say 2-4 weeks is a safe bet.