Going to Canada and coming back without my physical green card

BRPeterson

I recently had my green card stolen. I have since filed form I-90 and received a Form I-797C Notice of Action.

I am going to Canada for Thanksgiving, will they let me back into the U.S. with just my unexpired Canadian passport and Form I-797C?

If not, I'm still going, but is there anything else I can bring to lessen the sodomy that will occur at the border?

Thanks

You should make an Infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp in your passport if you haven't already. It's equivalent to a green card.

Alternately, if you got permanent residency by entering on an immigrant visa within the last year, then your endorsed immigrant visa also serves as a green card (for one year after entry).

Hi, can you please advise if I can visit my brother in Canada, I'm currently in the US holding a valid I-551 stamp (DV immigrant visa) on my passport..

Thanks,
William

Hi, can you please advise if I can visit my brother in Canada, I'm currently in the US holding a valid I-551 stamp (DV immigrant visa) on my passport..

Thanks,
William

Yes you can use the I-551 stamp, it's valid for one year from the day you entered the U.S. and can be used in place of your plastic GC.

You should make an Infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp in your passport if you haven't already. It's equivalent to a green card.
I'd apprecaite it if you could answer this forums.immigration.com/threads/i-485-refugee-travel-document.325201/ Thanks !