• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Thank you so much. I think l've to save this page so that i may not forget these useful points by the time i get to fly.
What about electronics? Like cellphone and laptop? Is it good to buy here or in US?
And....as of my calculation, you are allowed to have 4x46=184Kg. You guys hold 7x23=161Kg. I don't understand why you paid additional money unless there is a mistake in weighing the 7 bags for 23Kg at home.

Hi God!
People bring laptops from US and sell it twice the price, hell no! Don't buy laptop in Ethiopia. If you have one come with it, don't give it away. I brought both my 5 years old laptop and 1 year old iPhone. They are all cheap but why spend my money for something i have?

As for the kilo. My wife, my 2 years old daughter and I are entitled for for 46 kg 2 bags. But our 4 month infant was allowed only 23 kg as here ticket fee was low. They have this thing called infant and child. Infants are under 2 years old while childs are over 2 years old. So the ticket price also differ greatly b/n those two. So the calculation is 3*46 plus 23kg. Hope you understand now.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi God!
People bring laptops from US and sell it twice the price, hell no! Don't buy laptop in Ethiopia. If you have one come with it, don't give it away. I brought both my 5 years old laptop and 1 year old iPhone. They are all cheap but why spend my money for something i have?

As for the kilo. My wife, my 2 years old daughter and I are entitled for for 46 kg 2 bags. But our 4 month infant was allowed only 23 kg as here ticket fee was low. They have this thing called infant and child. Infants are under 2 years old while childs are over 2 years old. So the ticket price also differ greatly b/n those two. So the calculation is 3*46 plus 23kg. Hope you understand now.

Cheers!
All clear!

Dear friends, while i was visiting britsimon.com, I read something about the long term effect of delayed process at KCC.
What i didn't understand is how the monthly quota(cut off) is allocated for each region.
If KCC fixes the cut off number for a given region, and if many of the winners do not submit DS260 early, i think they will be postponed to the next month. It means the embassy is working under its capacity, and the postponed cases will affect the quota(cut off number) of the coming month.
Doesn't this process affect the overall quota of the year for that region?
For example, lets say 150 cases were assigned for the month of October in Addis Ababa, and only 50 winners submitted DS260 on time. I think the other 100 cases had to be postponed to November and deducted 100 cases from November quota . . . and so on for the consecutive months.
Doesn't these 100 cases affect the overall quota off Ethiopia at the end of the year?(like reduce from 3,500 to 3,400)
It is good if they assign quota(cut off number) based on submitted forms. Like raising the cut off if lower case forms are not submitted on time.

Last edited:
You've got it the wrong way round. They do the schedules based on submitted DS260s, so if they allocated 150 interview slots for a month, it is because they have 150 procesed DS260s/applicants to fill those slots with.

You've got it the wrong way round. They do the schedules based on submitted DS260s, so if they allocated 150 interview slots for a month, it is because they have 150 procesed DS260s/applicants to fill those slots with.
Thank you so much suseqqq. I was confused between the two and editing my question. So, the delayed submission of forms of lower cases won't affect the chance of higher cases. Right?

I feel a blog post coming on....

Susie is right., From a scheduling point of view, until the cases are processed - they are not "in the system". However, having spent last year looking at VBs etc I think the biggest factor affecting pace is progress toward quotas. I can remember who it was, but someone used to say they couldnt exceed 10% of the visas in any given month. That statement was roughly right - during the busiest months they got up to a pace of around 5k visas globally per month - and whilst we did not understand the pace of the VB and what they did - they actually met their target numbers quite well. They achieved what they wanted to achieve - not what we expected or hoped or deduced they should do.

So - I think capacity in the embassies can be expanded if needs be. Yes this backlog is a huge mess, but I would be willing to bet that they will hit their targets again, so, in the long term - I think the higher numbers will be unaffected by the hiccup at the beginning.

Hi God!

Cheers!
hi Ormania is that comfortable take Ur family with u for z first time to USA ? some one advise to me that u go there first alone and prepare things like home ...... then they will come to USA . less than 6 month after VISA GRANTED .

Hi God!

Cheers!
HIGH hi! Ormania, how is life treating u in US? I envy on u ! glad u back in action for ur thread.
BTW how do u find new ds-260 roll out ? how do u feel ETH cut off compared to 2014? and how is the living cost in states ?

Dear Forum members,

I do have a question. When I filled the DS260 form, Education part I only list Grade 11 and 12 in the old curriculum. I forget grade 9 and 10, since I took grade 11 and 12 at different school and place. I authenticated both documents (I have separate transcripts). So my question is, do I need to unlock the DS260 form and include grade 9 and 10? Since may CN is high I think I do have time to unlock and resubmit it. The other thing is, I have also a spelling error in my mother's father name. This is only one spelling error. Do you think it is a problem? Thank you very much for your answer as usuall.

Fikir12

not yet 2nl . i waiting for it.
abcdxyz did u call them ? better to ask the exact information from the source , it seems very strange for Ethiopia this year , now almost last week of October if u did not receive ur 2nl, imagine what will happen for our case numbers of 20xxx and above .

abcdxyz did u call them ? better to ask the exact information from the source , it seems very strange for Ethiopia this year , now almost last week of October if u did not receive ur 2nl, imagine what will happen for our case numbers of 20xxx and above .
No i didn't call I send my Qs to kccdv by e-mail & they answered me
Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

No i didn't call I send my Qs to kccdv by e-mail & they answered me
Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
when was u submitted ds-260? I thinks just like GOD IS LOVE previous comment , I think the time for submission and special eth low current case number than Africa make Ethiopian 2015 dv winner further processing delayed . DID u know any body who got interviewed or scheduled in Addis for the month of October ? I couldn't get a single one in Ethiopia

when was u submitted ds-260? I thinks just like GOD IS LOVE previous comment , I think the time for submission and special eth low current case number than Africa make Ethiopian 2015 dv winner further processing delayed . DID u know any body who got interviewed or scheduled in Addis for the month of October ? I couldn't get a single one in Ethiopia
hey rolex

I heard that some guys have secured there visa from Ethiopia whose case number was AF5** and AF 3*** : not really sure actually