• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

CUT OFF - is the upper limit of case numbers which will be interviewed for a given month. For example, the cut off for Ethiopia for the month of December is 9,000. It means, the case numbers which will be interviewed on December in Ethiopia should be below AF0009000.

CURRENT- a given case number is called to be current for a given month if it falls below the cut off for that month. For example, a case number AF8500 is called current for the month of December because it falls below 9,000. (for Ethiopia)

VB (visa bulletin) - is a monthly bulletin which announces the cut off for a given month.
thanx but my cn is af00006*** and i still not received 2nl byzawy i am in addis

thanx but my cn is af00006*** and i still not received 2nl byzawy i am in addis

Didn't you submit your DS form on August 2nd, and where you not already told that you will likely not become current before Dec as a result of the late submission? Gosh!

Didn't you submit your DS form on August 2nd, and where you not already told that you will likely not become current before Dec as a result of the late submission? Gosh!

lol mom

may be he want to hear it again ; just to confirm

so here it is Bro you will not most likely be notified for dec interview !!!!!!!

wait my friend wait ; there are a lot of guys waiting for interview on September 2015 or who might even not be current ; you are lucky to have a low case number

cheers

Dear ZGREAT and member of the forum,

You have started to put the information of the selectee. I have tried to put it in google spreed sheet. I am not sure if it is correct or not. Try to access i, if it is possible.
Here is the link

Last edited:
HELLO My good friends !!!;)

How have you been? Gosh it has been a while since i posted. I missed you all!

Hmm..... I have red some posts wondering why i ( and/or people like me) disappeared after a long presence :(.
I left for some couple of good reasons.

First, as assumed by many, i was busy. Especially after i bought the ticket i had to do some off line activities like traveling to the country side for farewell, buying things etc. You guys will experiance it soon ;). Second i felt like i have graduated from 101 to 102 :p and focused on what you guys need to do and not while packing, boarding and landing staffs. Third i felt like i have laid the how to do procedure in a simpler way so that anyone can read and understand. Fourth for the obvious reason that i was enjoying the U.S. of A! And.... i forgot the other reasons... :D.

Anyways i am back, loaded. Get ready for some useful experiences for Ethiopian related.

Congratulations all who's interview date already fixed and for those current as well.

CHEERS!

Hello Ormania. You are badly missed here. I have been asking where you disappeared. You had been very useful. Pleas keep in touch.

haaaaaa. I now believe you won't disappear again because you swear in your visa. But it would be more serious if you swore in your GC

lol.... How about my swear with GC plus SSN, Driving license and WF Visa card?:) Have them all.

Am watching football Texas A&M Vs Alabam, not the football we know in Ethiopia bro. God, American Football is dam addictive! Up Denver Bronco! Will write more tomorrow evening.

Bye for now.

HELLO My good friends !!!;)

How have you been? Gosh it has been a while since i posted. I missed you all!

Hmm..... I have red some posts wondering why i ( and/or people like me) disappeared after a long presence :(.
I left for some couple of good reasons.

First, as assumed by many, i was busy. Especially after i bought the ticket i had to do some off line activities like traveling to the country side for farewell, buying things etc. You guys will experiance it soon ;). Second i felt like i have graduated from 101 to 102 :p and focused on what you guys need to do and not while packing, boarding and landing staffs. Third i felt like i have laid the how to do procedure in a simpler way so that anyone can read and understand. Fourth for the obvious reason that i was enjoying the U.S. of A! And.... i forgot the other reasons... :D.

Anyways i am back, loaded. Get ready for some useful experiences for Ethiopian related.

Congratulations all who's interview date already fixed and for those current as well.

CHEERS!

here comes our Ceo ;

WELL COME Mr president !!!!

glad to c u back on your seat ;

Hi guys,

Here are some of my advices......

Ticket shopping

It would be in your favor if you plan to buy your ticket 3-4 weeks before your intended departure date. Don't rely on the quote you see on websites. Go yourself to the ticket offices and see what they offer. It really differ from one agent to the other even if your are asking for the same airline. Learn to yourself which month cost high and which less, even the day of the weeks matter in your ticket shopping. Know which airlines have the direct flights or connection flights to your destination. If you are alone you will save some money by flying a connected flight than direct. If you are with kids go for the direct flight to skip the discomfort you will experience when your kids get bored and tiered by the 19 plus hours flight. Don't rush to cash out and buy the ticket the same day your get the quote, just make the booking and got home. In case you change your mind you won't regret. If you already bought your ticket and want to change the departure date it cost you something like $150.

Packing

Well by now you knew the fact that you are entitled to carry 100 pound (46 kg) in two pieces 50/50 pound or 23/23 kg each plus one hand bag less than 11 kg. Then comes the stress how to pack your stuff in it. Please finish your packing 2/3 days before your departure. Once your bags are locked you will have a good peace of mind which is needed for the long trip ahead.

I had Seven 23 kg bags staffed with food items, cloths, shoes etc. (The food stuffs were things like 60 kg BERBERE ( half of it was for sale), SHIRO, MISER, ATER, QIBE, DIRKOSH even SHAY KITEL lol). Plus three hand bags that i will carry with my hand, that of the two kids, my wife's and mine. I was against the idea of carrying all this staff, and was afraid that the bags will be overweight. Carrying all those bags was the in-Laws idea who was so worried as if we are going to Mars where there is no food, water etc. Guess what happened then? While on check in i was told to open the bags and reduce some stuff or buy extra 32 kg for $ 175. I paid the $175 and increased the number of bags from 7 to 8!!! Don't ask me how pissed i was.

The story of bags was not all that. My wife carried the new born; i carried 1 back pack, 2 hand bags and the first born. While connecting at DXB (Dubai) on last minute my first born slept. Imagine i had to carry my 2 years old baby girl with 3 hand bags!!! It was not possible, thus i left my wife and the kids run with the bags to the plane dropped the bags near the plains gate came back carried my daughter and went in. Huh, that was close guys.

So the big lesson is please do not pack in too much food items. There is everything that we have at home, you think it is cheaper? No it's not! Except the BERBERE i regret bringing all those food items. Don't bother much to buy cloth and shoe as well. You have them all here in different size and price.

Enough for now, i will continue with the boarding and landing next time.

My apology for spelling errors and grammar mistakes.

CHEERS!

Hi guys,

Here are some of my advices......

Ticket shopping

It would be in your favor if you plan to buy your ticket 3-4 weeks before your intended departure date. Don't rely on the quote you see on websites. Go yourself to the ticket offices and see what they offer. It really differ from one agent to the other even if your are asking for the same airline. Learn to yourself which month cost high and which less, even the day of the weeks matter in your ticket shopping. Know which airlines have the direct flights or connection flights to your destination. If you are alone you will save some money by flying a connected flight than direct. If you are with kids go for the direct flight to skip the discomfort you will experience when your kids get bored and tiered by the 19 plus hours flight. Don't rush to cash out and buy the ticket the same day your get the quote, just make the booking and got home. In case you change your mind you won't regret. If you already bought your ticket and want to change the departure date it cost you something like $150.

Packing

Well by now you knew the fact that you are entitled to carry 100 pound (46 kg) in two pieces 50/50 pound or 23/23 kg each plus one hand bag less than 11 kg. Then comes the stress how to pack your stuff in it. Please finish your packing 2/3 days before your departure. Once your bags are locked you will have a good peace of mind which is needed for the long trip ahead.

I had Seven 23 kg bags staffed with food items, cloths, shoes etc. (The food stuffs were things like 60 kg BERBERE ( half of it was for sale), SHIRO, MISER, ATER, QIBE, DIRKOSH even SHAY KITEL lol). Plus three hand bags that i will carry with my hand, that of the two kids, my wife's and mine. I was against the idea of carrying all this staff, and was afraid that the bags will be overweight. Carrying all those bags was the in-Laws idea who was so worried as if we are going to Mars where there is no food, water etc. Guess what happened then? While on check in i was told to open the bags and reduce some stuff or buy extra 32 kg for $ 175. I paid the $175 and increased the number of bags from 7 to 8!!! Don't ask me how pissed i was.

The story of bags was not all that. My wife carried the new born; i carried 1 back pack, 2 hand bags and the first born. While connecting at DXB (Dubai) on last minute my first born slept. Imagine i had to carry my 2 years old baby girl with 3 hand bags!!! It was not possible, thus i left my wife and the kids run with the bags to the plane dropped the bags near the plains gate came back carried my daughter and went in. Huh, that was close guys.

So the big lesson is please do not pack in too much food items. There is everything that we have at home, you think it is cheaper? No it's not! Except the BERBERE i regret bringing all those food items. Don't bother much to buy cloth and shoe as well. You have them all here in different size and price.

Enough for now, i will continue with the boarding and landing next time.

My apology for spelling errors and grammar mistakes.

CHEERS!

Thank you so much. I think l've to save this page so that i may not forget these useful points by the time i get to fly.
What about electronics? Like cellphone and laptop? Is it good to buy here or in US?
And....as of my calculation, you are allowed to have 4x46=184Kg. You guys hold 7x23=161Kg. I don't understand why you paid additional money unless there is a mistake in weighing the 7 bags for 23Kg at home.

Last edited: