• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Lol ................... I think I must be in a very unusual jolly mood this a.m. :D

Actually I did a couple of the yoga breathing exercise that I've been encouraging you to keep working on:p

lololol - well done Mom - I am admiring your serenity! I've been shouting at the PC, but didn't want to add to the confusion.

I guess I am gonna bug you on more time:p:p:p

I wonder how long usually after the submission of AOS package, I will receive this card.
What date would be written in this card? Does it apply immidiately?
Should I submit this new one to my employer after that?
Thanksss.:D

I wonder how long usually after the submission of AOS package, I will receive this card.

Which card do you mean? Not... the EAD card?????

HAIYAYAI!

Okay, please read my response very ssssslowllllyyy:
  • It usually takes about 1-2 months to receive the card following the formal acceptance of the application package
  • The date will be day the card is issued, and it will be valid for one year from the day of issue.
  • No! For now, your employer has no business with the card. You only submit it to your employer IF at the your current OPT EAD card expires, your AOS application hasn't been decided. FOR NOW, DO NOT GIVE THE CARD TO YOUR EMPLOYER!!!
For all you know, you may actually end up not needing to use it all. Once your GC application is approved, you do not need any EAD card, be it OPT or DV based to work.

Comprende?

Now, I undertand the benefit of having this card. So, what would happen if in bad scenario my GC case didnt get accepted. I guess I wont be eligible to work anymore, right? What should people do in this case? Thank you so much.

Now, I undertand the benefit of having this card. So, what would happen if in bad scenario my GC case didnt get accepted. I guess I wont be eligible to work anymore, right? What should people do in this case? Thank you so much.
Sorry for the pun: Once this should happen, you would then return to your home country, pronto...

Okay @Parvin, breathe! It's very, very, very rare for a DV based AOS application to be denied. The number one, most important requirement that could lead to a denial is being in the US illegally. (Of course there are some other reasons, e.g. security or failed background checks that can equally lead to a denial). So if you entered the country legally, meaning you were inspected at the point of entry, you've never violated your stay by going out of status, you've not committed any crime of moral turpitude, then you most likely will be approved.

However in the unforseen circumstance that the application is denied, you will have some grace period before you're required to leave the US following the expiration of your OPT. During that period, you can attempt to switch over to F2 (since your spouse is in F1 status). You can also look into being sponsored for a H1B visa by your employer - far fetched, I know, but just throwing it out there.