Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

My journey is finally over . My experience at Newark DO

When i arrived there were over 100 people in waiting area. My spouse & I reached 30 min before the scheduled time of 9:30 am for both our interviews. We were called in only at 11 am and 12:00 pm respectively. Took another hour or so for them to call you back for signing the certificate , after their lunch break from 12:15 thru 1:30 and after that scheduled for oath. My oath was done at 2:30 pm and spouse was at 4:00 pm

I think interview time slots have little meaning and perhaps they operate on first come first served basis Best is to arrive early in the morning so you are done by 11:30 oath.

Interview for both of us lasted for 3 minutes or so. Might as well let a computer take the test, print the certificate and perhaps even conduct the oath!!!

Hereis my timeline and good luck to everyone.

1-Dec-09--> N-400 mailed
5-Dec-09--> Priority date
24-Dec-09--> Finger Printing walk -in (Scheduled1/5)
5-Feb-10--> Interview notice received
11-Mar-10--> Interview & Oath date
13-Mar-10--> Passport applied

Friends,

I have interview tomorrow at Newark office. my case is straight forward..

No traffic tickets in 10 years, yellow letter only say bring Driving License.

any hint on what else i should carry with me?

1. interview letter
2. yellow letter
3. passport
4. green card
5. birth certy

anything else? Please let me know...will sure put feedback tomorrow evening after interview..

Thank you in advance.

Friends,

1. interview letter
2. yellow letter
3. passport
4. green card
5. birth certy

anything else? Please let me know...will sure put feedback tomorrow evening after interview..

Thank you in advance.

That is all is needed . Perhaps a book to read to kill 3-5 hours

Hi kmunna,
I also have interview scheduled for tomorrow at Newark, can you please let me know the paid parking location near to the immigration office. Looked online but found nothing near,appreciate your reply which would save my time tomorrow or else need to go around for search of parking sites.

Thanks
dkagc

Friends,

1. interview letter
2. yellow letter
3. passport
4. green card
5. birth certy

Thank you in advance.

Hi kmunna,
I also have interview scheduled for tomorrow at Newark, can you please let me know the paid parking location near to the immigration office. Looked online but found nothing near,appreciate your reply which would save my time tomorrow or else need to go around for search of parking sites.

Thanks
dkagc

There are a bunch of parking lots right next to the immigration office. They have big park signs, you cannot miss it.

Hi snm65 got email saying my file has been forwarded for standard review, hope your application is moving along smoothly as well. We both did our FP on the same date.

Hello btbican, I just checked my status online - no change in status - still showing RFE, which was for FP. Hopefully it will change in the next few days. Goodluck.

Me and my wife have one speeding ticket each- Both the fines were paid online and I have a print-out of the receipt. Is this sufficient or do I need to go to court and get a certified deposition record?

Me and my wife have one speeding ticket each- Both the fines were paid online and I have a print-out of the receipt. Is this sufficient or do I need to go to court and get a certified deposition record?

My cousin had same issue. Receipt should be fine if it even comes up during the interview. Got my interview letter today. Hope you get yours soon!!

Does anyone have a list or a link to a list of documents (assuming it is a straightforward case with no court convictions extended trips outside US etc.) that should be taken to the interview? I have tried searches but can't seem to find anything that are being routinely requested for in Newark. Would be helpful if we can get something put togeather based on interview experiences. Especially if you were asked for something that seemed odd.

TIA! And good luck.

Expedite US Passport:

My Interview Date at Newark is May 4th, 8:00 am. I need to travel to India on 13th. Will it be sufficient time to get US passport and PIO card? Can someone help me with below questions

1) By when will I get my Oath complete (hoep it will be same day in Newark)

2) I live in NJ, for expediate US passport, I guss I have to go to Passport regional office in NewYork.
If in Apply in person, how long does it take for US passport to get issues. I have only PNR for confirmed (no name printed) as proof for travel.
What proof should I take for travel

3) By when should I try taking passport appointment if my interview is on May 4th

4) Any one has experience on how long aftre I get Passport, will it take to get PIO (if I apply in person)

Appreciate any suggestions to be able to travel by May 13th

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have a list or a link to a list of documents (assuming it is a straightforward case with no court convictions extended trips outside US etc.) that should be taken to the interview? I have tried searches but can't seem to find anything that are being routinely requested for in Newark. Would be helpful if we can get something put togeather based on interview experiences. Especially if you were asked for something that seemed odd.

TIA! And good luck.

btbican, Can you please share your time line? I have filed for my spouse in early Feb as well. Thx

Expedite US Passport:

My Interview Date at Newark is May 4th, 8:00 am. I need to travel to India on 13th. Will it be sufficient time to get US passport and PIO card? Can someone help me with below questions

2) I live in NJ, for expediate US passport, I guss I have to go to Passport regional office in NewYork.
If in Apply in person, how long does it take for US passport to get issues. I have only PNR for confirmed (no name printed) as proof for travel.

3) By when should I try taking passport appointment if my interview is on May 4th

4) Any one has experience on how long aftre I get Passport, will it take to get PIO (if I apply in person)

Thanks in advance

Your schedule is quite tight.

Passport, you can get in 2 business days (one to apply and other to pick up). You can go to the NYC office only if you are traveling within 14 days and you have a tkt with your name on it. They are strict about it.

PIO takes 5 business days. You may want to consider visa instead of PIO to reduce uncertainty.

Assuming no glitches, you may just be able to pull it off.

Best wishes

Filed papers aroundd Feb 2nd or so, FP was done March 22nd (as per appointment letter), IL received April 5th. Interview May 12th. Received yellow letter requesting DL before I even got the FP notice, a bit wierd I guess.

btbican, Can you please share your time line? I have filed for my spouse in early Feb as well. Thx

All,

After a month of struggle, I appered for my re-interview following my guts with a very detailed documentation. My case was approved and I took the oath yesterday. Thanks for all your support and wishing you all good luck.

A special thanks to BobSmyth who has been a great support to each of this forum member.

Cheers !
BK

Expedite US Passport:

Typicall it is the same day. They have the first oatch ceremony at 11 am and then one at 12 noon and couple more..

An iterinary proving your travel in less than 14 days. you could get it from a travel aganet if you dont have one.
I applied my PP through an agent. they charge 300 for same day. If you choose to go to the PP NY agency yourself, you need a prior appointment.

Take it on before 14 dyas before 4th May.

If you have all documentation, you could go to the India consulate between 9 and 12 am any day (Typically there is a long quesue, i would suggest going there at 8 am and stand in line). They verify your documents and give you a specific date to pick up. Typically it is 5th Business day evening after you apply.

if you plan well enough ahead, youi could make it. Otherwise go for a travel visa. it could be the same day.
Thanks in advance

Good Luck.