• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

I'm having a problem submitting my ds260, it says my case number doesn't match the one I used to sign in. But it is exactly the same, there are no spaces before or after. I've tried typing in manually and copy+pasting it and it still won't go through. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Remove the leading zeros after 2018 in your CN.

I know this has no bearing on the rest of the DV process but I was curious as to how the case numbers get assigned to the selectees for a given region. Is it on the base of who submitted first when the lottery opened in October or is it the order in which the entry was randomly selected ? Does anyone know ?

Cns are based on selection.

Thanks Guriix, when did you submit your DS260 if you dont mind me asking ? and did you receive an actual letter for the interview or was it an email notification ?

An email notification gets sent when the interview has been scheduled. The email will instruct you to check back online (where you saw your selectee notification) for interview details. Your interview letter will replace the selectee notification so be sure to print and safely keep a copy of the 1st NL.

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if EU34xxx is safe number or too high? I really asked this already, but no one answered me. Someone do please.

Sorry I can't help you. I stay away from guesstimating which number is high or low. Maybe someone else who can help will come along shortly.

Good day everyone! I wanted to know if all the supporting documents to be presented (education, civil, etc) must be simply originals/certified copies by the document issuer, or if in addition some other type of additional certification is needed. For example, in my country we have a process in which the department of foreign affairs certifies documents that are going to be used with foreign governments, institutions, etc. This process however has become extremely bureaucratic, long and nearly impossible to complete so I wanted to know your advice. What do you think?

Depends on your embassy. Most just require the original/certified true copy to be presented as is. A few others require certain documents to be authenticated.

Depends on your embassy. Most just require the original/certified true copy to be presented as is. A few others require certain documents to be authenticated.
Thank you. Following your response I have found the specific supporting documents at my corresponding US Embassy for the DV program and they say nothing about authentication. I will follow the authentication process in parallel just to be super safe but only after I have my first set of documents ready.

In any case, I should be safe to trust my embassy's website right?

A question regarding the Ds260, I don't have an my connections in the US at the moment and of course no address to send the green card too obviously. How should I go about this?

Thank you. Following your response I have found the specific supporting documents at my corresponding US Embassy for the DV program and they say nothing about authentication. I will follow the authentication process in parallel just to be super safe but only after I have my first set of documents ready.

In any case, I should be safe to trust my embassy's website right?

Yes you should be safe. You can also search for posts from others who interviewed with your embassy in the past.

A question regarding the Ds260, I don't have an my connections in the US at the moment and of course no address to send the green card too obviously. How should I go about this?

You can put down any US address, including hotel address for now to enable you submit the DS form.

You will however still need to find a reliable address to replace it with eventually as that address is where your GC will be sent to.

After submitting the form you can always update the address directly on it before you're scheduled for an interview, or at the embassy when you go for the interview. You may also be able to change at the POE when you enter the US for the first time.

You can put down any US address, including hotel address for now to enable you submit the DS form.

You will however still need to find a reliable address to replace it with eventually as that address is where your GC will be sent to.

After submitting the form you can always update the address directly on it before you're scheduled for an interview, or at the embassy when you go for the interview. You may also be able to change at the POE when you enter the US for the first time.
Thank you!
Looking again at my message I'm surprised you even understood what I tried to ask. I can't even spell right!

Another question while on the subject DS260, would it be a problem to submit it next weekend? I could do it today but I would like to read more before I do it.

There is no rush to submit the DS260 unless you have a low case number and you want to be in the first group of interviewees in October/November.

It's better to take your time and get it right than rush and get it wrong and have to email the KCC and ask them to unlock your case.

My advice is to see when your case is likely to become current based on previous years. If your interview won't be scheduled until next year, don't rush your submission before you are ready. I knew we weren't going to be interviewed until at least April and I ended up submitting the DS260 in July the previous the year with no issues / delays.

Last edited:
Thank you for the fast reply!
That feels soothing, I have a very stable job as a manager and I see this opportunity as long-term hence I would like good closure and being able to prepare my move as thourough as possible.

Thank you once again

Hi everyone, I have question on behalf of my friend who won DV2018 and has a problem regarding name.

As per her passport, her surname is X Y & given name is Z. But at the time of DV form, she had filled the first name as Z, middle name as Y & last name as X.

Now, she had been randomly selected for Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2018. And, received details as below:

Case No: 2018XXXXXXXXXXX

Principal Applicant Name: Y, Z X

And, DS-260 online form, she has applied/filled her correct name as per passport.

Now, I need your advise!!! Do she need to report/email the matter to KCC? It should be effect for her selection for 2nd letter???

Thank you!!

Hi everyone, I have question on behalf of my friend who won DV2018 and has a problem regarding name.

As per her passport, her surname is X Y & given name is Z. But at the time of DV form, she had filled the first name as Z, middle name as Y & last name as X.

Now, she had been randomly selected for Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2018. And, received details as below:

Case No: 2018XXXXXXXXXXX

Principal Applicant Name: Y, Z X

And, DS-260 online form, she has applied/filled her correct name as per passport.

Now, I need your advise!!! Do she need to report/email the matter to KCC? It should be effect for her selection for 2nd letter???

Thank you!!

Post once and wait for an answer. I'll repeat my answer here as the other thread was old.

The order on the notification shows how she entered the information.

she actually filled the first name as Z, middle name as X & last name as Y.

Because she has entered correctly in the DS260, she will be fine. No problem.

It really feels nice to be selected. My case no is 2018AF00013***. Just have two questions for starters. 1). Is that a good number? 2). There is a question on the ds260 about Address and it seems to be asking for a USA address. Is that the case?
Wish you all guys the best of luck on your applications.

It really feels nice to be selected. My case no is 2018AF00013***. Just have two questions for starters. 1). Is that a good number? 2). There is a question on the ds260 about Address and it seems to be asking for a USA address. Is that the case?
Wish you all guys the best of luck on your applications.

1. Yes
2. Yes

Thanks Guriix, when did you submit your DS260 if you dont mind me asking ? and did you receive an actual letter for the interview or was it an email notification ?

I submitted as soon as I learnt I was selected, in early May 2013, got the 2nd notification in April 2014. It was an email asking me to login to the dv website