• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Just declare it. So long as it's not a crime of moral turpitude, they won't be too bothered. Just make sure you have all relevant paperwork with you at the interview.

Lol @ 850 cut off for OC! This is all gonna be over in a month or two! Why on earth did KCC under select so much this year, or was it just a goof?

It won't be over because of late submissions - but yes it will be current in April - or May at the latest. The highest number is only 959.

Just declare it. So long as it's not a crime of moral turpitude, they won't be too bothered. Just make sure you have all relevant paperwork with you at the interview.
Thanks Emily. That's what I was hoping.
I'm not sure what paperwork I can provide besides my clear criminal record because it seems like only they can see my arrest record. Hopefully that's enough

Hold on there tiger. Let's get some facts.

The diversion programs I know of mean that upon completing the diversion program the charge is dismissed. In that case you do not have a criminal conviction, but you have been arrested. You should provide information/evidence to the CO. Chances are, with an arrest (and no conviction) for a minor offence they will let that slide. They are a little tougher on crimes involving drugs - but they are able to decide how serious the crime is and see where it fits in to their "Crime of Moral Terpitude" definition.
Hey Britsimon, thanks for getting back. You're completely right. I have no criminal record, but I can't access my arrest record because, unless I'm wrong, only an authority using a vetting agency can do that (I tried). I don't know how deep their background checks are and my worry is that in the past I ticked No to that question on a Special Tourist Visa without thinking about it and they may ask me to explain that inconsistency. Oh well. Best to be honest

You might want to get a letter or some kind of official documentation that confirms you can't access your arrest record.

Also, as a suggestion, when you submit your DS260, also write the KCC an email informing them of the arrest and include that official documentation. That way, when they do the background checks, they know exactly what they are looking for.

Hi, getting document ready as it looks like OC might go current soon! When I need to produce copies of documents, do they need to be certified?

You might want to get a letter or some kind of official documentation that confirms you can't access your arrest record.

Also, as a suggestion, when you submit your DS260, also write the KCC an email informing them of the arrest and include that official documentation. That way, when they do the background checks, they know exactly what they are looking for.
Good thinking. Thanks Emily!

Hi guys,

Congrats to OC for moving so fast, good news...

I can't believe SA is moving so slow, only 50 spots in the last visa bulletin, they have done this in the last 2 or 3 bulletins..... what are the chances of getting a significant increase of 150 or 200 on the next bulletin.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Congrats to OC for moving so fast, good news...

I can't believe SA is moving so slow, only 50 spots in the last visa bulletin, they have done this in the last 2 or 3 bulletins..... what are the chances of getting a significant increase of 150 or 200 on the next bulletin.

Thanks

Relax, there are 6 months to go....

Hi again,

A quick question about police checks from the UK. I lived there over 10 years ago (for 2 years) and got my police check done in September 2014. I have not returned to the UK since then, is there any need for me to get a new police check since the last one has not changed?

Thanks

Hi again,

A quick question about police checks from the UK. I lived there over 10 years ago (for 2 years) and got my police check done in September 2014. I have not returned to the UK since then, is there any need for me to get a new police check since the last one has not changed?

Thanks

We got ours redone just because we didn't want there to be any issues at the interview and the checks are pretty straightforward.

Wowzers, now approved :) can't wait to head stateside in April!

Thanks so much to all for the tips on this thread the last few months in particular!

Good luck to all over the next few months too :)
Woo!! cong's BossEisley ..... when you get time after celebrating on Tuesday like Emily said don't for get to post the interview experience...lol;)

Woo!! cong's BossEisley ..... when you get time after celebrating on Tuesday like Emily said don't for get to post the interview experience...lol;)

Absolutely :)

Ours was pretty straightforward. This was in Sydney btw.

We arrived around 30 mins before the interview. Went straight to level 10. There you go through security and they do the first check of all the documents. Only had to wait around 30 seconds this time for the lift up to the main level.

Took our ticket and then I went to counter #8 to pay. As soon as I'd finished, our number was called up so we went up to the first window. This is just a check of all documents which only took a minute or two. He told us to sit back down and wait to be called up by a consular officer.

Only waited another five mins or so before this happened.

Did the oaths, got asked a few questions, only about college, living overseas etc

It was all over jn five minutes and rhen we were approved! Had to be careful not to be too excited on the way out lol

It was probably rare but for us we were in and out in thirty minutes