• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi,
My CN is 2016AS00005xxx. So what will be the probable date for my interview? I am in US and my family(wife and children) are back in my country. I am thinking of AOS process for myself and for my family they will process with CP.
Is this the good way to process separately? If we go with the separate process then what will be the chance of my family to get the interview date. How long will they have to wait after my successful AOS.
There are following Yes/No questions in DS260 while filing the spouse form. what should be the answer(because I am already in US and thinking of AOS)?
Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you?
Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?

In the visa bulletin 'except' category, does it mean that the numbers above the given number are not eligible? Could you please make me clear regarding the 'except' category in the visa bulletin?

Hi,
My CN is 2016AS00005xxx. So what will be the probable date for my interview? I am in US and my family(wife and children) are back in my country. I am thinking of AOS process for myself and for my family they will process with CP.
Is this the good way to process separately? If we go with the separate process then what will be the chance of my family to get the interview date. How long will they have to wait after my successful AOS.
There are following Yes/No questions in DS260 while filing the spouse form. what should be the answer(because I am already in US and thinking of AOS)?
Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. with you?
Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?

If you're processing AOS, we cannot hazard a guess as to your probably interview date, interview dates are FO dependent. The best we can do is guess when your CN could possibly become current, but that doesn't mean you get an interview in the month your CN becomes current. To find out approximately when you could possibly become current, please go through the following link from Simon's blog (again bear in mind that for AOS cases, when you become current is not necessarily when you get an interview, it could be a couple of months later):
http://britsimonsays.com/when-will-i-have-an-interview/

To get a good understanding of the Follow-To-Join process which is what you're planning on doing, go through this link also from Simon's blog:
http://britsimonsays.com/follow-join-dv-lottery-cases/

In the visa bulletin 'except' category, does it mean that the numbers above the given number are not eligible? Could you please make me clear regarding the 'except' category in the visa bulletin?

It means selectees chargeable to the 'Except' countries are subject to the lower cut-off number displayed in front of each country than the number applicable to other countries from within the same region. The higher numbers for those countries will have to wait until their numbers are listed as current or until the 'except' column is no longer listed with a number.

Thanks Mom for this important and valuable links. I think it also helped to clear confusion whether to choose CP and AoS. I was very confused and was thinking to do AoS for myself and CP for family which would had been bad decision and could delay a lot. Now I have thought that I will take the CP which seems easy and quick.
Any further suggestion would be grateful.

Thanks Mom, once again!!

Hey all, My CN AS11xxx, since the current CN for Oct 2800, when do you think I maybe current, and do you think I will do it?
Thanks,

I wonder, does anyone of 2016 selectees received a 2NL ? I'm planning to do AOS, sent DS260 26May, but still nothing. I understood that it's not necessary, but I'm worrying a bit, is everything OK with DS form. It's already more than 2 months ...

I wonder, does anyone of 2016 selectees received a 2NL ? I'm planning to do AOS, sent DS260 26May, but still nothing. I understood that it's not necessary, but I'm worrying a bit, is everything OK with DS form. It's already more than 2 months ...
submitted mine on the 13th of May, still nothing.

Have you started the process? fees, medical? I have not...
Fees paid expecting to go current in October, and i will be current in October. Medical should be done in the next couple of weeks, haven't had time yet. The plan is to get everything ready by Oct 1, not doing early filing. I'm guessing the 2NL should come in by then.

Hello Mom,
Do we have to include 2nd notification letter (2NL) in the AOS package or will it be okay to mail the papers without the letter for now and have it, however, during the interview? I think it may arrive by then. I was thinking of mailing my AOS package by the end of this month. By then I will have completed all of my papers. If I receive 2NL by then, I will include it in the folder. What would you recommend?
Thank you.

Just had my medical today. They accepted my immunization records from Australia, so only had to pay the examination fee - after shopping around, the best rate in the Orlando/Winter Park, FL area (without any shots) was $160 which is less than what I was expecting. Going back on Wednesday for my results, fingers crossed :)

Fees paid expecting to go current in October, and i will be current in October. Medical should be done in the next couple of weeks, haven't had time yet. The plan is to get everything ready by Oct 1, not doing early filing. I'm guessing the 2NL should come in by then.

'Expecting to go current in October'? You should already know by now if your number is current for October or not. October numbers were released last week.

Hello Mom,
Do we have to include 2nd notification letter (2NL) in the AOS package or will it be okay to mail the papers without the letter for now and have it, however, during the interview? I think it may arrive by then. I was thinking of mailing my AOS package by the end of this month. By then I will have completed all of my papers. If I receive 2NL by then, I will include it in the folder. What would you recommend?
Thank you.

The 2NL should be included with the AOS package just like we already listed on the AOS spreadsheet. However, it is possible for the AOS package to be sent without the 2NL.

Just had my medical today. They accepted my immunization records from Australia, so only had to pay the examination fee - after shopping around, the best rate in the Orlando/Winter Park, FL area (without any shots) was $160 which is less than what I was expecting. Going back on Wednesday for my results, fingers crossed :)

Great price

Hey Mom - I am an E3 visa holder and just want to confirm that since I am a non-immigrant in E status seeking AOS, I need to submit this additional form along with my I-485: http://www.uscis.gov/i-508

I pay all income taxes though and am not a diplomat, so I don't understand fully what exactly I'm waiving. Are you able to provide any insight? Just don't want to make any errors. Thank you.

Hey Mom - I am an E3 visa holder and just want to confirm that since I am a non-immigrant in E status seeking AOS, I need to submit this additional form along with my I-485: http://www.uscis.gov/i-508

I pay all income taxes though and am not a diplomat, so I don't understand fully what exactly I'm waiving. Are you able to provide any insight? Just don't want to make any errors. Thank you.

If you're already paying all your applicable income taxes, I'm equally not quite certain what other rights you're waiving by filing form I-508. However if I was in your shoes, I would rather err on the side of caution and still income the form with the AOS package. You can bring up the issue at the time of your interview and get the IO to confirm if indeed you needed to file that form, if they say you don't need to, you can always request to withdraw that particular form.

Hi all! I need some help. I won the dv for 2016 (2016AF68**) and I am already in the US. I came here on F1 Visa to study for my masters and I graduated June of 2014 and my Visa expired in November of 2014. Prior to expiration I had applied for my OPT which got denied based on the dates of submission. Long story short, I tried to adjust status through marriage and we've been having issues. I won the lottery and cancelled the AOS based on marriage to adjust based on my dv. What are my chances here ? and what do I have to do next. I already filled out my DS-260 and I have gotten my confirmation email. I am from Ghana. Please help me.