• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello Everyone,

Both my wife and myself sent the AOS packet together. Both of us included the G-11445 E notification forms. My wife got an email, but I dint. I am the principal applicant. Should I be worried?

Thanks.

The email/text notification is typical sent to the PA, however, USCIS is been known to get things mixed up once in a while and they end up sending the notifications to a derivative. The reassuring part of the mix up is that the derivative's petition wouldn't have been accepted if there's an issue with that of the PA, so if your wife as the beneficiary received an acceptance notification, yours has most likely been accepted too.

Out of curiosity though, how many notification emails did your wife receive? Did you both include either/or form I-131/I-765 with your package or was it just the I-485?

The email/text notification is typical sent to the PA, however, USCIS is been known to get things mixed up once in a while and they end up sending the notifications to a derivative. The reassuring part of the mix up is that the derivative's petition wouldn't have been accepted if there's an issue with that of the PA, so if your wife as the beneficiary received an acceptance notification, yours has most likely been accepted too.

Out of curiosity though, how many notification emails did your wife receive? Did you both include either/or form I-131/I-765 with your package or was it just the I-485?

Thank you for the reply. My wife got two consecutive emails. None of included I-131 or the I-765. It was just two !-485's for each of us.

Thank you for the reply. My wife got two consecutive emails. None of included I-131 or the I-765. It was just two !-485's for each of us.

So nothing to worry about, problem solved :). The notifications should have come to you, both of them, but like I stated earlier, they sometimes get sent to one of the derivatives.

So nothing to worry about, problem solved :). The notifications should have come to you, both of them, but like I stated earlier, they sometimes get sent to one of the derivatives.
Thank you. My Visa bulletin number is 2015AS70XX. It is current for the month of August. Do you think that we will get the process done by september?

Guys,

I have scheduled an infopass appointment for Monday basically to check the status of my petition. I am wondering how should I ask. how much detail they can give me. Hopefully, they will not send me back saying to check my status online. Does anyone have any idea or experience to share.
Thanks

Jawan14

Guys,

I am just curios to know if there are any cases that did not get GC because of not getting interview date although the file was applied on time (at two months before the september 30). Are there any cases whose interview was scheduled but did not get visa because country quota is over. I understand it is possible theoretically because DV case does not carry over to next year but just curios to know if there are any practical examples. These kind of questions scares me some time although we still have three solid months left.

Thank you,

Jawan14

HI,
I was checking my ds-260 online. The iv application column says completed. but the iv fee and civil documents column says N/A. Out of curiosity what are those columns? Is it for CP cases? Do people doing AOS have to do anything for that? Thanks

hi , in G-324 the question says;this form is submitted in connection with an application for ; other and write I-485 or Statues as permanent resident ?

in I-485 , the Occupation for children should be none or child or student?

thanks

HI,
I was checking my ds-260 online. The iv application column says completed. but the iv fee and civil documents column says N/A. Out of curiosity what are those columns? Is it for CP cases? Do people doing AOS have to do anything for that? Thanks

Nothing you need to worry yourself over.

hi , in G-324 the question says;this form is submitted in connection with an application for ; other and write I-485 or Statues as permanent resident ?

thanks
status as perm resident

thanks
select status for permanant resident for the G-325,
i guess student, but wait for mom's response too.

Mom and those who have the experience, i am sorry i mean in G-325 the question says;this form is submitted in connection with an application for ; other and write I-485 or Statues as permanent resident ?
2- in I-485 , the Occupation for children should be none or child or student?
3- in I-134, my friend sign and filled it for us and attach copy from his US passport, employment letter and letter from the bank, he refused to give W-2 , are you still advise to send it to Chicago, will they accept it or keep it with me for the interview?
4- in the question write your name exactly according to the I-94 form, should be last name , first name or the opposite?

thanks

Last edited:
Mom and those who have the experience, i am sorry i mean in G-325 the question says;this form is submitted in connection with an application for ; other and write I-485 or Statues as permanent resident ?
2- in I-485 , the Occupation for children should be none or child or student?
3- in I-134, my friend sign and filled it for us and attach copy from his US passport, employment letter and letter from the bank, he refused to give W-2 , are you still advise to send it to Chicago, will they accept it or keep it with me for the interview?
4- in the question write your name exactly according to the I-94 form, should be last name , first name or the opposite?

thanks

I find it too stressful answering the same set of questions via PM and in the forum!

Hi Mom.
In the forms, am I supposed to put my home address? Is it ok if I put my P.O Box address? Because we're gonna move to somewhere else.

Hello Everyone,

Both my wife and myself sent the AOS packet together. Both of us included the G-11445 E notification forms. My wife got an email, but I dint. I am the principal applicant. Should I be worried?

Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

Both of us got the I-797C Notice of action resipt today in the mail. These letteres confirms the acceptances of the applications.

Hi Mom.
In the forms, am I supposed to put my home address? Is it ok if I put my P.O Box address? Because we're gonna move to somewhere else.

My understanding is the street/home address is required. However, you can call USCIS for further guidance on this.

I am doing AoS (F1 status at the moment) and my CN is 2015AF47xxx (not current). I am planning on filling an I-824 at the same time. I think I’ll be current in July for an interview in September. When do you think my wife can get her visa? Is she going to be interviewed at the same time. What are your advice for me in this case? I appreciate your help