• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello,

I am new member here but following the thread since the past few months. I would like thank the hosts for creating this platform.

I have one question.

My application package is at the local USCIS field office but they seem to be confused about the DS-260 form. Do they need to have the copy of this form from kcc for scheduling interview or can they schedule it without it? If they schedule it without it, dont they need it later on for proceeding with the interview?

I went there and when I asked if they have it, they said yes. But, when I later called kcc to verify, they told me nobody requested DS-260. I am confused.

I appreciate your response

I encountered another weird thing just now... I tried calling the National Benefits Center but when I entered my receipt number I was continuously told that I didn't enter enough digits even though I put in the 10 digits of my receipt number.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Hi mom!

I went to the ASC and was sent back home after three minutes because they realized that it was a mistake. ):

In addition, I am aware that the waiting period for the interview letter varies for each field office... but I was wondering when would be a good time to sign up for an Infopass?
Since I did my biometrics in Jan and it's only been a little more than a month, it's a little too early?

Thank you again!

You can go ahead and schedule an INFOPASS appointment now.

Hello,

I am new member here but following the thread since the past few months. I would like thank the hosts for creating this platform.

I have one question.

My application package is at the local USCIS field office but they seem to be confused about the DS-260 form. Do they need to have the copy of this form from kcc for scheduling interview or can they schedule it without it? If they schedule it without it, dont they need it later on for proceeding with the interview?

I went there and when I asked if they have it, they said yes. But, when I later called kcc to verify, they told me nobody requested DS-260. I am confused.

I appreciate your response

The DS-260 form is not the only thing KCC sends out to the FO, so if you visit your FO and start by asking them if they've received your DS-260 form, you're already leading whoever you're asking along the wrong part.

What I suggest for anyone making an INFOPASS to do at the time of the appointment is to calmly explain you're a DV selectee, submitted your I-485 package on so so date, did biometric on so so date, you haven't received your IL and are wondering when you're likely to be interviewed. They may answer with the standard response of how long an AOS interview typically takes to get scheduled, bla bla bla. Follow up by letting them know that DV doesn't follow the typical process, yada, yada, yada. Ask about the outcome of the biometric, whether it's been complete or not. At the end then you ask if your "file" has been received from KCC.

Now back to your question, your FO doesn't need to be in possession of your "file" from KCC before scheduling your IL or before the actual interview takes place, but they certainly wouldn't be able to approve the petition without receiving the case file.

Hi Mom,

I have a very quick question. While sending out the DV Fee for US Department of State, i send incorrect amount (i.e.$350). What should i do? I wrote a cover letter and re send another cashier's check with a correct amount yesterday.

I encountered another weird thing just now... I tried calling the National Benefits Center but when I entered my receipt number I was continuously told that I didn't enter enough digits even though I put in the 10 digits of my receipt number.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Have you tried checking online?

Hi Mom,

I have a very quick question. While sending out the DV Fee for US Department of State, i send incorrect amount (i.e.$350). What should i do? I wrote a cover letter and re send another cashier's check with a correct amount yesterday.

They will probably send back the first payment, since they don't issue "change". Since you've already resent the correct amount, you just have to wait for now and see what happens.

They will probably send back the first payment, since they don't issue "change". Since you've already resent the correct amount, you just have to wait for now and see what happens.
Its not a super big issue though right? I have heard that it results in denial for some other applications. And do you know how long does it usually take to receive a receipt from them?

Thanks for your reply mom!

I realize this is a little dumb but... double checking.
For the Infopass which should I choose?
Case Processing Appointment
Case Services follow-up appointment

Hello,

Anyone from October date still waiting for interview letter from Washington D.C/Virginia Field Office? It has been 5 months and we have not received a letter. My wife already went to INFOPASS for 3 times and they kept on saying that they have already got the file. File is with FO and it will take time.

Thank You
Xenon_writer

Its not a super big issue though right? I have heard that it results in denial for some other applications. And do you know how long does it usually take to receive a receipt from them?

Like I wrote before, they would have simply returned the payment. As for the other cases you heard about, what happened wasn't a denial per se, since the applicant could always resend the package with the correct amount enclosed. Receipt could take anywhere between 1 - 8 weeks.

Cut off for May for Asia is only 5275...my case number is AS000067**...I was thinking of doing my medical soon. Anyone has any suggestion if I should wait or go for it? I am starting to get worried since Asia numbers are moving so slow. Any guesses on if it will start moving faster?

Hello,

Anyone from October date still waiting for interview letter from Washington D.C/Virginia Field Office? It has been 5 months and we have not received a letter. My wife already went to INFOPASS for 3 times and they kept on saying that they have already got the file. File is with FO and it will take time.

Thank You
Xenon_writer

Hmmmn, your unique case hasn't been resolved. Have you sought the help of your congress person?

Cut off for May for Asia is only 5275...my case number is AS000067**...I was thinking of doing my medical soon. Anyone has any suggestion if I should wait or go for it? I am starting to get worried since Asia numbers are moving so slow. Any guesses on if it will start moving faster?

Sorry can't help here. Your call!