• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

All the best Kaka Braza, all will be well..hope Nairobi is treating you well

Hy folks congrats for all those who are in anther chapter in the greencard process jorj have you arrived yet jonge how are you feeling mate my BIG day with the CO is tomorrow morning i believe that it will be smooth watch this space for more about my experience and tyt keep the faith and remember God loves you and be blessed folks

Today's devotion

Psalms 118,21

I praise the Lord
for answering my prayers
and saving me.

remember God loves you and be blessed folks house

wished u good luck bro, go grab the visa is yours bro, God will surely guide u there in front of the co bro!! No need to worry bro the visa is yours!!!

Congratulations Gidmog am very happy for ya its been a loooooong wait bro glad your team green... Your dream is valid n validated big tyme just rem to thank God big tyme

Congratulations to those who got there visas, Akello all the best mate, you are next.
Arrived in U.S safely...A very nice place here in San Diego, very hot also.....ii ni Mombasa ya kenya

Interview Experience
...so we get into a taxi and head to the embassy...it is about 05:45am and we get to the embassy at about 5 for 6:00am. I notice a number of people already queuing and I am wondering if they pitched tent there over night. Anyway I pay the cab driver and join the queue, men in their own queue and women in their own. Because we have a baby, we were moved to the front of the queue (God at work) and at exactly 6am the gate opens. The security guards do their 'thing' and we head to a reception where they check your passport and appointment letter. Again at this point we are placed at the front of the queue because of the baby we have. We go through a second gate and again under security check. At this point anything electronic is left behind including CDs, DVDs e.t.c. We then head to the main reception point inside the embassy office and present our passport and appointment letter and we a given ticket number. Thirty minutes later we am called to counter 5 and we hand in all the documents requested for and are given back our old pictures and and invoice. I head to the counter and pay the visa fees and return the receipt to counter 5. Then the waiting begins...after about an hour we are called at Window 8, they take our finger prints and we are asked to wait for the interview. Ten minutes later we are called to counter 10, I get to counter 10 and my daughter wanted to touch the microphone and the oldish lady warned me not to allow my daughter touch the microphone. So I hand my daughter back to my wife and was carrying my daughter.
CO: Asks my wife and I to raise our right hands and repeat after her....do you blah blah
Wife & I: we do
CO: What did you do after high school?
Me: Went to University
CO: What did you study?
Me: Blah blah
CO: Have you ever been married before?
Me: No
CO: When was your daughter born?
Me: blah blah
CO: Do you have any other children?
Me: No
CO: If I were to grant you the visa where would you go?
CO: How are you related to that person?
CO: congratulations you visa has been granted....
Me: Thank you
Co: Have you been to the US?
CO: for how long?
CO: hands over the green sheet and UCSIS sheets...
Congrats Jonge!! All the best with your move. Where about in the States are you planning on settling?

while growing up, there was a myth that 9 is a bad number but on tuesday coincidentally it was 9/9 but however against all odds the dv journey of 16 months was wrapped up in about 2-3 minutes:-

TRUE STORY
On september 9th
I woke up @3
dressed up, checked my docs for the last time (nothing i could do even if anything was missing - but i have been rehearsing for the last 3 weeks - checking & rechecking!)) and i took a hot steaming ketepa tea
left house @4:30
arrived @ embassy @5:10
found 6 guys @ the embassy booth- 2 gents & 4 ladies
gates opened @ 6:30 & we queued in 2 lines & i was no, 2 in men's queu
Finished 1st & 2nd security checks
@7:09 proceeded inside & I was given paper # token
after a while was called to counter #4, presented my documents & answered some queries to a Kenyan young lady.
@7:30 paid visa fee in US currency $330.
2nd call to counter #8 for finger printing & was served by an american lady btn 30-40 yrs of age.
3rd & final call to counter #10 (CO lady aged btn 35-45 yrs old).

The 2-3 minutes interview

CO - good morning sir
GM - good morning madam
CO - raise up your right hand & swear that the information you provided here is true & correct
GM - yes maam
CO - thank you sir
are you married?
GM - no madam
CO - do you have children?
GM - no madam
CO - have you ever been married?
GM - no madam
CO - (while typing) after high school what did you do?
GM - blah blah
CO - have you ever stayed out of kenya?
GM - yes madam
CO - for how long?
GM - blah blah
CO - where're you going in the US?
GM - mn
CO - how're you related with your host?
GM - blah blah
CO - congratulations i will issue you with a VISA, sign where there's an X, i will also issue you with this 2 forms with dhl & uscis instructions
GM - thank you nadam, thank you very much
CO - are you still staying in tanzania?
GM - no i am staying in kenya
CO - thank you sir, your visa will be ready for pick up in a weeks time after you register with DHL
GM - thank you

while growing up, there was a myth that 9 is a bad number but on tuesday coincidentally it was 9/9 but however against all odds the dv journey of 16 months was wrapped up in about 2-3 minutes:-

TRUE STORY
On september 9th
I woke up @3
dressed up, checked my docs for the last time (nothing i could do even if anything was missing - but i have been rehearsing for the last 3 weeks - checking & rechecking!)) and i took a hot steaming ketepa tea
after a while was called to counter #4, presented my documents & answered some queries to a Kenyan young lady.
2nd call to counter #8 for finger printing & was served by an american lady btn 30-40 yrs of age.

CO - good morning sir
GM - good morning madam
CO - raise up your right hand & swear that the information you provided here is true & correct
GM - yes maam
CO - thank you sir
are you married?
GM - no madam
GM - no madam
GM - no madam
GM - blah blah
GM - yes madam
CO - for how long?
GM - blah blah
GM - mn
GM - blah blah
CO - congratulations i will issue you with a VISA, sign where there's an X, i will also issue you with this 2 forms with dhl & uscis instructions
CO - thank you sir, your visa will be ready for pick up in a weeks time after you register with DHL
GM - thank you

Awesome...counter number 10 did it for me also...congratulations friend welcome to Team Green

Congratulations Gidmog

TRUE STORY
On september 9th
I woke up @3

CO - good morning sir
GM - good morning madam
GM - yes maam
CO - thank you sir
are you married?
GM - no madam
GM - no madam
GM - no madam
GM - blah blah
GM - yes madam
CO - for how long?
GM - blah blah
GM - mn
GM - blah blah
GM - thank you