• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Well, another year without DV visa interviews in September for EU, it seems (other than potential August interview backlogs)... this has now happened since 2006 (prematurely Current every August & September 2007 - 2013 and zero CN increase in 2014).

This way EU will never get its visa assignment up - for 2014 the picture currently looks as follows: Issued Visa: 14,392, July + August Interviews: 2,456, meaning if everyone should attend their interview this would take us to 16,848 Visa, approx. the same number issued last year. Of course there will be cases of interviews not attended and some visa rejections, on the other hand there will be visa issued from AP and AOS (not included in CEAC data base), so at the end this may result in approx. the same number of DV EU visa as in 2013.

On the positive side - for the lucky ones now having been selected twice - everyone who has received their interview confirmation by now should be safe, there is no indication that visa numbers will run out, based on a EU CN 40,150 or somewhat above (in case there will be an increase over the coming weeks).

True that. Double true that actually!

I think people should not be worried about interviews being canceled in August. With current (current meaning August-Sept) cut-offs there should be enough visas !!!

Today i tried whether my BSc.Business Admin Special degree is sufficient for a skill migration to AUS.. but it was not up to the required level.....Any other way to migrate AUS or New Zealand ?? But i also want to take my wife..... No point of thinking about this stupid green card........ DV2014 spoiled my whole life.............

Today i tried whether my BSc.Business Admin Special degree is sufficient for a skill migration to AUS.. but it was not up to the required level.....Any other way to migrate AUS or New Zealand ?? But i also want to take my wife..... No point of thinking about this stupid green card........ DV2014 spoiled my whole life.............

We will get over it my friend,

Just a matter of time

you need some certifications from appropriate organization.. but it's worth to try after all.. Good Luck, buddy..

they can add some numbers for september ?
No one can answer this question because we all just don't know but it is possible. If you call KCC, some will say yes and some will say no because they have no clue how DV14 is going to end.

But I just have a feeling that it is not final yet. Why? Because for Asia it pushed Cambodia Aug interviews into Sept. They are doing that because they doesn't want a special cut off for Cambodia and to have more visa slots for Rest of Asia in Aug. The question is if Sept only increase 650 CN (which is about 150 selectees or less) then why push Aug with 3800 CN (more than 1k selectees in Aug) when they can just spread it into 2 months. Possible answer is that they are waiting to see the outcome of the interviews for one more month to better decide what to do next and they are leaving some room for any extra interviews needed in Sept. It might or might not change but it is possible. So, just wait until 15th of Aug to call off the DV dream. Remember we have lost everything in DV now and we have nothing more to lose.

You can look at all possible visas for australia here: http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx
I already did the whole process for an skilled independent visa (IELTS, skill assessment, ...) but stopped it as i won the DV-2014. Since my case number EU50XXX will never get current, i will go ahead for Aussie now!
So if you have any questions regarding the process - just write me!

Cheers, Alex

No one can answer this question because we all just don't know but it is possible. If you call KCC, some will say yes and some will say no because they have no clue how DV14 is going to end.

But I just have a feeling that it is not final yet. Why? Because for Asia it pushed Cambodia Aug interviews into Sept. They are doing that because they doesn't want a special cut off for Cambodia and to have more visa slots for Rest of Asia in Aug. The question is if Sept only increase 650 CN (which is about 150 selectees or less) then why push Aug with 3800 CN (more than 1k selectees in Aug) when they can just spread it into 2 months. Possible answer is that they are waiting to see the outcome of the interviews for one more month to better decide what to do next and they are leaving some room for any extra interviews needed in Sept. It might or might not change but it is possible. So, just wait until 15th of Aug to call off the DV dream. Remember we have lost everything in DV now and we have nothing more to lose.

I don't want to pour cold water here, but I'm not sure I would interpret the pushing of interviews out to September the same way. To my mind it almost confirms that they will not be adding any new ones to September.

URGENT!! @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Jonge. I hope the proper forms for AOS (afidavit of support) for DV Lottery Visa to be filled by my sponsor is I-134 & NOT I-864. I repeat I-134. Please guys confirm for me.

Yes.

I don't want to pour cold water here, but I'm not sure I would interpret the pushing of interviews out to September the same way. To my mind it almost confirms that they will not be adding any new ones to September.

Yes.
Thank you

Different people have different ways of interpreting it and no one even thought the Sept cut off ended up this way. So, to me everything is still possible in this weird DV year. As I said, have nothing to lose. My state of mind already prepare the worst and plan B already started to kick in, so why not be a little hopeful and treat this as a bonus if it really come since official # is on 15th Aug.

mine is also 19xxx. was waiting for this dv thing since a long time, we could have done something for our benefit rather than waiting for this. vladek 15425 How much money do we need to migrate to canada? pls tell me. how much of time will it take?
I have so many things to plan in my life. I should do something now or should stay in sri lanka. If canada option takes too long pls let me know..

Different people have different ways of interpreting it and no one even thought the Sept cut off ended up this way. So, to me everything is still possible in this weird DV year. As I said, have nothing to lose. My state of mind already prepare the worst and plan B already started to kick in, so why not be a little hopeful and treat this as a bonus if it really come since official # is on 15th Aug.
15 of August Or 15th of July??